Gabe Davis - Getting a Bum Rap From Some Fans

jwhit34

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

He is not the sole cause, but his 4th down drop was a critical, game-killing drop.

Let me ask bluntly.  Are you completely happy with Davis' performance this year right now?  Completely being the key word.

You already said Davis was "responsible" for "33%" of the Bills losses. Now your tossing that one out?   Smart move.  Should have led wit that.

Anyway, go back and watch Gardner's coverage on that last pass and tell me how easy a catch that should have been. 

56 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Oh, and to clairify, I don't mean on average.  I mean completely happy with every play.  Are you completely happy with his current level of play?

No fan is completely happy with every play of any player.   This is now your argument?

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You already said Davis was "responsible" for "33%" of the Bills losses. Now your tossing that one out?   Smart move.  Should have led wit that.

Anyway, go back and watch Gardner's coverage on that last pass and tell me how easy a catch that should have been. 

No fan is completely happy with every play of any player.   This is now your argument?

If a reciever drops a on-target pass in the end zone in OT, would you say he cost them the game, even if the team didn't play well?  Of course you would.  So now that we've set a precident...

As for the pass in the Jets game, he needs to make that catch.  But that's another knock against him.  He just doesn't make contested catches (ref: Vikings game).  High-level #2 recievers do.  Just look at how many similar plays have been made against us.

He is highly inconsistant.  As I've said ad nausium by now he has great plays, and he has some that gravely hurt this team.

I think people calling for his head are overreacting.  But at the same time I think people claiming he's perfectly fine and doesn't deserve critiquing have their heads in the sand.

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If a reciever drops a on-target pass in the end zone in OT, would you say he cost them the game, even if the team didn't play well?  Of course you would.  So now that we've set a precident...

As for the pass in the Jets game, he needs to make that catch.  But that's another knock against him.  He just doesn't make contested catches (ref: Vikings game).  High-level #2 recievers do.  Just look at how many similar plays have been made against us.

He is highly inconsistant.  As I've said ad nausium by now he has great plays, and he has some that gravely hurt this team.

I think people calling for his head are overreacting.  But at the same time I think people claiming he's perfectly fine and doesn't deserve critiquing have their heads in the sand.

That's not what happened in the Jets game, so...no "precident" there.  But if a receiver drops a well placed but very well defended pass....well that's how it goes sometimes. 

You said he was responsible for the loss, then you said he wasn't.   Then you said one would have to be completely satisfied with his every single play to disagree with the OP.  Now you are saying that "people are claiming he is perfectly fine".   Your argument is a mess, to put it kindly.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Oh, and to clairify, I don't mean on average.  I mean completely happy with every play.  Are you completely happy with his current level of play?

Are you happy with every play Josh has made?

Every play!?!?

GTFOOH with that crap! 
Every play?!!

• Like (+1) 1

I see where this is going.

"How dare you say anything bad about Davis!  He's an amazing reciever. His history of not winning contested passes and his 10% drop rate is trivial!  Lay off the poor guy!"

If this thread was made to be an echo chamber, it should have been labelled as such.

Well, since I have a dissenting opinion, and those are not allowed here, I'll take my leave.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

"How dare you say anything bad about Davis!  He's an amazing reciever. His history of not winning contested passes and his 10% drop rate is trivial!  Lay off the poor guy!"

If this thread was made to be an echo chamber, it should have been labelled as such.

Well, since I have a dissenting opinion, and those are not allowed here, I'll take my leave.

You would have loved the Fitz years on this board then. I mean, we live in the Edmunds era so I guess you didn't really miss anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

But, every play!?!?!?!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.