Some point to take seriously

Italian Bills

First: cause the snow storm that hit Buffalo, the team had to fly to Detroit to play and not at home.

Second: after three days they had to fly back again to Detroit for take the Lions that were on a three winning streak tanks to a very good offense.

Third: Josh not fully recovered from his elbow injury, i’m sure he’s the first to be frustrated with his game not being that great.

Fourth: the tons of injuries that hit the team since the start of the season. Tons of ! Any other team close to our situation ? NO. Frazier does mistakes of course, but with half the defense, full of back ups and rookies. 

Fifth: Dorsey in his very first year as a OC. He’s a rookie too. That’s why our offense sometimes look predictable, he’s learning and afraid to take big risks. Understanding. 

Conclusion: with all this S..T we are 8-3. 

We became too demanding maybe, like we always have to win in blowouts… it’s not the right time now, we just need to find a way to win, waiting to be healthier as soon as possible. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I used to think some posters whined because the Bills were losing. We were in the midst of the 17 year drought and the product on the field sucked, so I kind of understood. But now they're still whining. Just goes to show you...

whiners will always whine, win or lose. most are just trolling trying to get a rise out of folks. crybabies are all they really are.

• Agree 1

Agree with this, OP.

Did people not see KC, with nowhere near as much adversity, struggling and needing a last second miracle drive from Mahomes and Kelce to beat the effing Chargers last week?

Out 6 starters, after a blizzard and second game in five days, we need a last minute drive to beat a hot Lions team and it's not good enough?

Also, I find it hilarious how many people think they know better than NFL coaches how to design an offensive and defensive plays for pro football.

Edited by Ray Stonada
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah. 

My point is that we have to accept the fact that we are going through many adversity, but we are finding way to win and that without some major mistakes we would be 10-1 at worst. 

And regarding KC: with same amount of injuries and with Mahomes not at full health, what will be their record now ? Same for all the nfl teams. 

Believe me, we are doing a hell of a job ! 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

whiners will always whine, win or lose. most are just trolling trying to get a rise out of folks. crybabies are all they really are.

Don't make assumptions or take things personally.  Each individual has a unique worldview that alters their own perceptions, and that the actions and beliefs of a person is a projection of their own personal reality.

I get their going through adversity, but every team does. Detroit was down their best corner & 2 guards. They're the 2nd worst run D. We made them look good on D. After a month of meh play I'm getting sick of the excuses, oh it was too hot in Miami, oh we're missing so & so, etc... 31 teams have excuses, only 1 gets a Lombardi & this year that 1 should be us. But if they don't round into form quickly then we'll just have another season of excuses.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I get their going through adversity, but every team does. Detroit was down their best corner & 2 guards. Their the 2nd worst run D. We made them look good on D. Getting sick of the excuses, oh it was too hot in Miami, oh we're missing so & so, etc... 31 teams have excuses, only 1 gets a Lombardi & this year that 1 should be us. But if they don't round into form quickly then we'll just have another season of excuses.

Maybe i’ve been misunderstood from you. 

Those are not excuses, but facts. 

I just said that all the bad things that happened this year, injuries, or things like brand new OC in that position for the very first time, all of those could slow down also a very good team (one of the best) that was rolling. 

I also said that in few situation we did major mistakes that costed us the games. 

NFL is a grind, teams have up and downs, I get it.  NFL is also the league where luck and randomness plays the biggest part in ultimate season outcomes.

Bills have had a ton of injuries, offense has been bad to out of sync, Josh throwing red zone picks, and yes bad luck with storms and illnesses.

Fair or not, the bar now is the Super Bowl.  The past 4 games aren’t good enough to beat Chiefs, and bad luck and randomness are piling up.

Are we still in this, yes.  Is there time to right the ship, yes.  Yet, so many of us who have lived through ALL the Buffalo sports traumas, just start getting that feeling that this just isn’t our year.

I keep reading people saying “yeah but they aren’t good enough to beat _________” cool-they aren’t playing those teams right now so they don’t have to beat KC (which they already did) or any other team you want to pick. You can only play the team in front of you and they have beaten that team 8 times

• Thank you (+1) 1

The injuries on defense are absolutely insane.  Couple that with Josh playing through an injury that should probably have him sidelined, and it’s tough to not appreciate the guts this team has.

As someone pointed out yesterday, this is Ravens ‘21 level injuries. 

That being said, certain criticisms like roster construction at the WR position, why we took Bernard in RD3, did we trade for Hines to simply play ST’s etc.. are valid. 

Injuries or no injuries, watching teams convert 3rd and long over and over due to soft off coverage is going to drive any fanbase insane.  I’d imagine most here would rather get beat over the top than have time consuming drives where opposing WR’s run simple slants for 15 yards due to Frazier protecting depth corners. 

…. After all, the QB still has to make the deep, lower percentage throw.   As we saw yesterday when Goff missed an open guy late down near our 4 yard line and they then kicked a FG.. those throws aren’t gimme’s. 

Edited by SCBills

Instead of starting a LAMP thread, pretty much this is bang on.

Very disappointed with this 8-3 team, which is a little funny when you think about it, but they are hard to watch ever since the KC game.

Keep hoping that the next week the Bills turn it around.

NE will be a test and while I think Allen will figure it out, the defense really concerns me.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I used to think some posters whined because the Bills were losing. We were in the midst of the 17 year drought and the product on the field sucked, so I kind of understood. But now they're still whining. Just goes to show you...

A lot of us are not whining we are just pointing out flaws that we see. None of us are coaches which makes even more frustrating. Here are few examples: your QB is struggling with 2 starting OL down. You do not keep doing deep drop long progressing pass plays. You run the ball more. Motor is averaging somewhere on the 5yds a carry. Your QB is throwing numerous picks in the red zone stop throwing and run with the stud RB we have. On defense We are the worst team at 3 and long. And the last few weeks our tackling has been horrible. These are all coachable things that can be fixed. The d line rotation thing is baffling. You can see a guy make a 3 yard behind the line tackle and leave the game. I'm always like how is it we just destroyed the line of scrimmage and the next play look like we can't get penetration. Then I noticed the trend of make a play go sit a play. What ever happened to play your best 5 and if they are tired sit a play or two. Now that said we are definitely not at full strength. And I think we are still winning because we have heart and talent. The coaches need to adjust to what we have and things will continue to get better. Go bills

Edited by SUNTANBILLS FAN

21 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

A lot of us are not whining we are just pointing out flaws that we see. None of us are coaches which makes even more frustrating. Here are few examples: your QB is struggling with 2 starting OL down. You do not keep doing deep drop long progressing pass plays. You run the ball more. Motor is averaging somewhere on the 5yds a carry. Your QB is throwing numerous picks in the red zone stop throwing and run with the stud RB we have. On defense We are the worst team at 3 and long. And the last few weeks our tackling has been horrible. These are all coachable things that can be fixed. The d line rotation thing is baffling. You can see a guy make a 3 yard behind the line tackle and leave the game. I'm always like how is it we just destroyed the line of scrimmage and the next play look like we can't get penetration. Then I noticed the trend of make a play go sit a play. What ever happened to play your best 5 and if they are tired sit a play or two. Now that said we are definitely not at full strength. And I think we are still winning because we have heart and talent. The coaches need to adjust to what we have and things will continue to get better. Go bills

Near the goal line, Singletary is no "stud".  My issue is no creativity of late, no screens, Knox barely involved and Allen looks somewhat neutered back there.  

At least he ran a bit more vs. Detroit, but still seems the offense just off.

28 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

If you're not one of the whiners, then why are you getting so defensive? My comment wouldn't apply to you. 

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I get their going through adversity, but every team does. Detroit was down their best corner & 2 guards. They're the 2nd worst run D. We made them look good on D. After a month of meh play I'm getting sick of the excuses, oh it was too hot in Miami, oh we're missing so & so, etc... 31 teams have excuses, only 1 gets a Lombardi & this year that 1 should be us. But if they don't round into form quickly then we'll just have another season of excuses.

We didn't make them look good on D. I didn't like all those second half punts either, but the stats tell a different story. The Bills out-gained the Lions through the air and on the ground. The Bills gained 401 total yards, with 164 of those being on the ground. Yes, Josh was the leading rusher, but Motor was right behind him with 72 yards on 14 carries. That's 5.1 yards per carry. The Bills are starting to run the ball much better in the last few weeks. That might not continue next week as the Pats have a very good run D, but it's on film now so teams have to game plan for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.