Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've never hyped up the Jets and believe they are a pretender despite their 'SB win' against the Bills with a horrendous QB that was just benched. They do have some serious talent on that roster and have overachieved this year because of coaching though. The Dolphins, yes they are the division favorites this year IMO and a legit SB contender along with a handful of other teams in the AFC right now including the Bills.

My point though with the Bills is the excuses are tiresome especially the idea that every team is giving them their best shot just because of the national media hype and SB favorite annointment. With that said, they are still 8-3 and at least for the moment still in that conversation. Just don't feel it's going to last much longer with 5 of 6 games left against teams currently in the playoff picture. I still see a major fade down the stretch and a WC birth at best based on barely getting by 2 non playoff teams.

I meant to say Pats but I am pretty sure you once said that you wouldnt be surprised if the Bills finished last in the division last season. The Dolphins while playing great are not the division favorites nor SB contenders IMO.  Just because they beat some weak schedule doesnt make it so. Playoffs for sure.  I think the SB talk is premature.

Injuries are not excuses. Saying you lost a game because one guy is out may be an excuse but saying that you arent playing up to expectations because the entire back end of the defense and some of the front 4 and Josh Allen has an injury to his throwing elbow is not an excuse.  Its a reason.  There are other reasons too but its a reason none the less. If you honestly dont think injuries play a big part in how a team plays then you are out of your mind.  If Tua lost Hill and Waddle or Tuas already weak arm was banged up that team would be dumpster fire.  Thats just two players. Id go so far as to say even just losing Hill would end their seasons hopes and would make them a mediocre team. Every single starter on our defense has missed time outside two rotational role players. Almost our entire season has missed half our defense.  A few games our #2 WR had a bumb ankle.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The three Bills losses were by a combined 8 points folks. A TD and 2 point conversion.

They have been in every game or have blown teams out.

MN had to overcome a 3 score deficit and were helped by a decimated pass rush and weakened secondary.

While the Bills have been focused on beating KC, teams like the Pats/Jets/Dolphins have been focused on beating the Bills.

Our QB who accounts for what 80-90% of the offense and TDs is playing through an injury for 4+ weeks and is 2-2 (3-2 if you want to count GB).

Impact Bills starters have missed almost 2 seasons worth of play time to injuries. White missed 10, and Hyde 9.

I can easily come up with 15 games missed by Milano/ Rousseau/ Poyer etc.

Despite losing two Pro Bowl/ All Pro level DBs for most of the season, the Bills still run a Nickel as base and are 8-3.

8 and 3. Relax, enjoy the season and seeing a finesse team learn how to win gritty games with backups starting 4+ positions every week.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I meant to say Pats but I am pretty sure you once said that you wouldnt be surprised if the Bills finished last in the division last season. The Dolphins while playing great are not the division favorites nor SB contenders IMO.  Just because they beat some weak schedule doesnt make it so. Playoffs for sure.  I think the SB talk is premature.

Injuries are not excuses. Saying you lost a game because one guy is out may be an excuse but saying that you arent playing up to expectations because the entire back end of the defense and some of the front 4 and Josh Allen has an injury to his throwing elbow is not an excuse.  Its a reason.  There are other reasons too but its a reason none the less. If you honestly dont think injuries play a big part in how a team plays then you are out of your mind.  If Tua lost Hill and Waddle or Tuas already weak arm was banged up that team would be dumpster fire.  Thats just two players. Id go so far as to say even just losing Hill would end their seasons hopes and would make them a mediocre team. Every single starter on our defense has missed time outside two rotational role players. Almost our entire season has missed half our defense.  A few games our #2 WR had a bumb ankle.  

For what's it's worth Miami lost 3 straight games when Tua was out including the Bengals game when he left early. But even with him fully healthy and in the lineup they've also had various injuries to key players that they've had to deal with including oline/DB/etc.

At the end of the day though the idea that an NFL team is going to make it through the entire season with all their key players healthy isn't reality. And even the year the Chiefs won the SB Mahomes was out for 2 games and not close to the same for at least a few more once he was back. They also had other big injuries that year as well.

I just get the sense that if the Bills fail to make the playoffs or don't go very far when they are there everyone is going to make excuses or outlandish claims about injuries being the reason just like not having White last year against KC in the playoffs.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Airseven said:

I meant the fumble which was beyond reason and an inexplicable gaffe that only the Bills can pull off. No waxing about injuries or practice time minimizes that one.

Fumbles happened during games to all teams if you’re going to ignore the reality that the team is a walking mash unit that’s on you

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

For what's it's worth Miami lost 3 straight games when Tua was out including the Bengals game when he left early. But even with him fully healthy and in the lineup they've also had various injuries to key players that they've had to deal with including oline/DB/etc.

At the end of the day though the idea that an NFL team is going to make it through the entire season with all their key players healthy isn't reality. And even the year the Chiefs won the SB Mahomes was out for 2 games and not close to the same for at least a few more once he was back. They also had other big injuries that year as well.

I just get the sense that if the Bills fail to make the playoffs or don't go very far when they are there everyone is going to make excuses or outlandish claims about injuries being the reason just like not having White last year against KC in the playoffs.

Losing a guy here and there is not a big deal. Yesterday we were down Von Miller for over half the game, Micah Hyde, Tre White, Elam is on pitch count with an ankle, Benford I dont even know if he still has a club or not on his hand, Tremaine Edmunds, Groot, Poyer has a softball coming out of his elbow, Rousseau, Dawkins.  This isnt like losing just Tre White.  These are our best players on defense.  Its been like this since week 2. Against Miami we were missing a ton of our starting defenders and also lost half our oline and our WRs were in the locker room every other play getting IVs in both arms.

If you think this stuff doesnt make a difference then might as well just sign a bunch of scrubs to the roster and pay them league minimum instead of wasting money. Again, there is a difference between losing a guy or two and what we lose every week.

Zero chance the Bills dont make the playoffs.  Im not going to sit here and tell you we definitely win the division but they will at least get a WC. The only difference there is no home games instead of maybe one home game.  Big deal.  I think we will but thats not a definite.  Thats because unlike last season when I was sure, I do believe in Miami and I also am not sure how our injuries will be.  Full health, there would be no doubt in my mind. Injuries matter when its half your starting roster that is injured.  This isnt the "next man up" bs because if that were true then people wouldnt pay for stars.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tre White is mentioned in the loss to KC but hardly anyone says “injuries” are why we lost.  

The second half of the Detroit game we were missing (From expected roster):

Crowder

Kumerow

Morse

Dawkins

Von

AJ

Rousseau

Edmunds 

White

Hyde

Poyer playing with a club

Allen playing through a busted elbow 

Yea .. Im gonna let people talk about injuries right now

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

It's unreasonable for your backup safety to be able to tackle?  Listen to McD's post-game press conference.  He said we have to tackle better and obviously didn't say "oh well we are playing backups so whiffing on a bunch of tackles is fine".

I didn't say it's fine, but I think it's fair to lower expectations slightly and allow some grace when you're playing replacement level talent against a good, productive offense.  But hey, good on you for holding such high standards, it obviously helps you enjoy the wins so much

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We dont have 10 days until next week because we play on Thursday again this week.

WTF? I didn't even think that. That pisses me off. Now it;s time to throw down some ass kickin...

McD better tell Frazier to step aside while he unleashes Holy Hell on Mac Jones

Edited by nosejob
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Exactly. I lurk there from time to time and there are lot of Tua>Allen and Dolphins and Chiefs are the best NFL team takes. If you are a Bills sceptic it's never too late to hop on Dolphins bandwagon.

I get the apprehension. I do. Bills don’t look as good as we had hoped but there are many reasons(not excuses) as to why. This is what tests a teams mettle. They can win ugly. If they win the east, and get healthy watch the F out. Then we’ll get band wagons back. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sorry maybe there is some truth to this but I don't buy the speculation explanation. Joe is a good listen at times, but he's a fan same as you and me.

But maybe it's just me. I'm just tired of hearing how practice matters, and then a titans team who had no practice in the covvid season curb stomped us.

At some point, explanations and excuses don't win super bowls.

I'm just seeing a lot of struggles that don't look just practice related. The most concerning thing to me right now is the predictability of the offense.

(Outside of Dane Jackson and injuries)

Almost everything looks practice-related to me. Sudden lack of blocking and tackling, slow starts, and key penalties/gaffes in critical moments. They don’t look refined just improvising, and it shows. 

13 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

The three Bills losses were by a combined 8 points folks. A TD and 2 point conversion.

They have been in every game or have blown teams out.

MN had to overcome a 3 score deficit and were helped by a decimated pass rush and weakened secondary.

While the Bills have been focused on beating KC, teams like the Pats/Jets/Dolphins have been focused on beating the Bills.

Our QB who accounts for what 80-90% of the offense and TDs is playing through an injury for 4+ weeks and is 2-2 (3-2 if you want to count GB).

Impact Bills starters have missed almost 2 seasons worth of play time to injuries. White missed 10, and Hyde 9.

I can easily come up with 15 games missed by Milano/ Rousseau/ Poyer etc.

Despite losing two Pro Bowl/ All Pro level DBs for most of the season, the Bills still run a Nickel as base and are 8-3.

8 and 3. Relax, enjoy the season and seeing a finesse team learn how to win gritty games with backups starting 4+ positions every week.

Not to mention the roulette on the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JustHewIt said:

I didn't say it's fine, but I think it's fair to lower expectations slightly and allow some grace when you're playing replacement level talent against a good, productive offense.  But hey, good on you for holding such high standards, it obviously helps you enjoy the wins so much

They are struggling to beat below average teams like the browns and lions missing tackles, do you think they will beat the top teams in the league playing sloppy? Dream on man.

8 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

They are struggling to beat below average teams like the browns and lions missing tackles, do you think they will beat the top teams in the league playing sloppy? Dream on man.

We're in a mini slump, that's obvious, but we're WINNING.

The chiefs struggled to beat a few teams and lost to the colts.

The eagles have struggled to beat teams and lost to Washington by more than all of our losses combined.

Dallas, Baltimore, Miami, Minnesota.... Show me the team that never struggles, and then take the state of our defense into account.

Are you saying that last two games where we had one total practice and played twice in five days on the road are more representative of this team than our impressive wins?

You don't think Edmunds, Elam, Groot, von, Hyde, Tre would help with those tackling issues? Dream on man

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is a Dorsey get right game in my opinion.

He’s finally got a normal number of practice days to install a NE specific game plan and it’s time to start putting it together attacking their weaknesses and avoiding their strengths. I think NE’s LB’s are garbage. They are slow, not instinctive and can be easily manipulated. I expect to see a lot of short/intermediate stuff over the middle. If the Hoodie is stupid enough to play McKenzie man to man again just keep feeding him the ball on crossers. Get Cook and Hines out of the backfield into the middle. Get Knox down the seam. Their strength is in their D-line and their safeties so running to the edges and play-action are huge. Judon has been a beast this year, need to have a plan for him even though he usually blows against Buffalo. Barmore is out so the O-line should be able to hold up a bit assuming they are healthy.

I’ve been getting lower and lower on Dorsey as the year has gone on despite the gaudy stats. I hope he proves me wrong and starts growing into this job. He’s relying on Josh to just make stuff up and make tight window throws on every play. He needs to evolve his scheme to take advantage of NE’s obvious defensive weaknesses. I expect to see a different game plan from The Hoodie this year and it’s going to be a tight game.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.