Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

23 minutes ago, T master said:

True & it's about dam time they give him the contract with the faith he could take over for the likes of Beasley & to this point he has shown much less than what he has needed to but i hope yesterday was his jump start because the completions & yds that Bease had are very missed !

Mckenzie is the guy that needs to provide those yards lost & the drops in the beginning of the season were not like him i hope he continues on this path & the drops go away he needs to be consistent not just have a good game here & there Josh needs to know when he throws it to him he will catch it .

McKenzie is what we wanted Graham to be. 

What I like about Joe is that he’s very even keeled and reasoned, unlike many of the posters on this site, who have mini-tantrum/ knee-jerk reactions. When I first started visiting this site in 2017 it was wonderful to see the joy that winning ugly brought to the mafia as the drought ended.  Now that we are a top offense/defense and perennial playoff contender, people are so entitled. So much anger and sack this dude/cut that guy nonsense. Disappointing. 

2 hours ago, JustHewIt said:

Perhaps missing 4-5 pro bowl caliber players has something to do with that? Regardless of that this message board thinks, it's unreasonable to expect us to have an entire starting lineup PLUS a backup at every position that can play at a pro bowl level every game

It's unreasonable for your backup safety to be able to tackle?  Listen to McD's post-game press conference.  He said we have to tackle better and obviously didn't say "oh well we are playing backups so whiffing on a bunch of tackles is fine".

16 minutes ago, boyst said:

McKenzie is what we wanted Graham to be. 

Graham true but he was often hurt in his history.  McKenzie was also in the mix for the slot receiver as was Hodgins because that was his money maker in college these guys were both in some ways depth players not so much Mckenzie because he had been here so long but given his drops earlier this season there was a bit of hesitancy to depend on him but he redeemed himself yesterday .

I just hope he keeps it up ...

Edited by T master

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So in order for Hines to run the ball Josh has to practice?

I see things different such as getting away from the running game. Lack of or no ability to have play action. How about a trick play? Um, run Cook on something other than a toss. Double move, pump fake? Not wait until 4th Qtr to get Knox in the game…. I see a lack of creativity. I see WRs consistently running 15 yds down the field, even on 3rd and short.

Get Josh under center a few more times a game just to help set up play action and have a different look other than shotgun.

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that…

Practice days, injuries etc I get it… sure it makes thing’s tougher. But I just don’t see this offense being to difficult for teams the game plan against. 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

I would assume ball handoffs will be a precursor to him being a part of the offense and when he gets limited reps its just not that important.  Cook and Singletary have been good too and I'm pretty sure Hines isn't the reincarnation of Barry Sanders...

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

This + the idea that every team is apparently treating their game against us as their SB and giving us their best shot. That would make zero sense considering the Bills are not the defending SB champs nor have they ever climbed that mountain.

This is why I have hated all this media and fan driven SB hype from day one and it's played right into other (real) contenders hands like KC, who does have a recent SB title yet they have no trouble winning and staying focused an entire season despite teams gunning for them as well.

Yet you hype Miami and Jets in the same way every season.

KC doesnt struggle?  How about the Colts game?  How about playing like crap for the first half in a lot of games and having to make miracles to come from behind?  How about getting stomped in their last super bowl?  How about losing to the Bengals at home last year?  How about losing to the team you dog every week and are supposedly a fan of?  Yeah, they dont struggle ever. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

That's true, but if they are happening, Buffalo still needs to work through it.  In the meantime, they have won their last two games.  There are three tough division games coming up.  Hopefully, the offense can click sufficiently to win all three, and is running more smoothly after those three games.  The other issue is Von Miller's injury.  Looks like he will miss at least two games, but it could be season ending.  Hopefully it will be on the low end of the spectrum. 

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So in order for Hines to run the ball Josh has to practice?

I see things different such as getting away from the running game. Lack of or no ability to have play action. How about a trick play? Um, run Cook on something other than a toss. Double move, pump fake? Not wait until 4th Qtr to get Knox in the game…. I see a lack of creativity. I see WRs consistently running 15 yds down the field, even on 3rd and short.

Get Josh under center a few more times a game just to help set up play action and have a different look other than shotgun.

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that…

Practice days, injuries etc I get it… sure it makes thing’s tougher. But I just don’t see this offense being to difficult for teams the game plan against. 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

Omg ,,,  actually a person who can observe , analyze, have individual thought , AND still be a great Bills fan!  You must have missed the 8 pages of posted mob mentality thinking in this thread!  Name calling , like “bevis”. , one person knowing said qb must be in excruciating pain that caused 10 ints, ( pain has a scale from 1-10. , excruciating means broken , compound fractures, a kidney stone, cancer eroding into bone pain, obstructed intestinal pain where the heart rate, respiratory rate are increased, nausea and profuse diaphoresus as cold profuse  sweating is present not under one’s voluntary control.  Throwing a football with an injured yet healing ligament with a qb smiling afterwards is about a level 3 in real life , as even said qb stated his elbow.had no effect , but who lets facts stand in tbe way of a good, biased narrative).  No room for logical thought and still call yourself a Bills fan is allowed here. 😊 You are a brave soul having an original thought!   I admire your courage and it’s enlightening to read.  I know you appreciate how great Josh is or why be here , yet  saying Belicheck   will be tough next week might bring out hate speech and questioning your football intelligence by the mob! 😊🍸🍸

Certainly you realize we are “8-3” , even tho 0-2 in the division and behind Kc ( only 2 losses sitting in the top seed the Bills stated as a goal for their season and reason Miller was paid 120 mil to make highmark the path to reach the super bowl, while greats like Thurman stated how crucial home field advantage was for. them to reach the Super Bowl , but what’ does he know compared to the mob?) , and only a real Bills fan looks no further than just the 8 wins!  Losing to teams with first and second year staffs is just going down the rabbit hole and too deep a dive if you are a “ true” fan!  

obviously you should never question the first year OC ‘s  learning process because that means you’re  not a loyal worthy fan unless your opinion is the groups allowed opinion ( funny concept on a message / opinion board where it might be expected to see , maybe even learn from differing view points. Better to shut that down than just read it because words are so physically harmful!) Finally , daring to question the creativity of the o play design (/even when a Vikings cb said they knew the routes well enough to jump one for a game winning int) is borderline Jan 6 th like anarchy and proves you are unhappy and have no life outside Bills football!  At least that’s what I was told in an interesting allegory as someone grew up apparently yelling in crowds for their Bills so much so they were calked a “ prick” by their childhood friends!  Must have been an awful , traumatic youth or childhood! Personally , I can’t relate to that as if I was ever at a Bills bar or gathering during the great 90’s team years, I rarely drank alcohol because I prefer being in control , a littke shy , and enjoy actually listening to intelligent viewpoints even if different , but that’s Just me. and in my career , you are taught many times to never judge. 

I know you are totally confident we will beat the pats next week as nothing else is even possible as I read on here , but I just wanted to say thanks for the original ideas, sincerely!  By thinking outside the mob, I mean box, and sharing some creative ideas you see teams like the Titans doing , it seems fair to wonder if Dorsey can help life be a little easier for our truly amazing qb  (/who I do believe will surpass Jim as the best Bills qb ever ; gosh I hope that’s not too negative about 17) while he is in “ excruciating “ pain.  Thx for a great post from an obvious loyal Bills fan!  Best wishes.  Happy holidays and good health to you and yours! 👍😀

2 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

by critic, you mean the fan with unrealistic expectations I suppose. 🤣

What expectations are unrealistic to want to:

Turn over the ball less

Score in the red zones more than 97% of the time

Run the ball for 80 yards a game without the qb

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yet you hype Miami and Jets in the same way every season.

KC doesnt struggle?  How about the Colts game?  How about playing like crap for the first half in a lot of games and having to make miracles to come from behind?  How about getting stomped in their last super bowl?  How about losing to the Bengals at home last year?  How about losing to the team you dog every week and are supposedly a fan of?  Yeah, they dont struggle ever. 

I've never hyped up the Jets and believe they are a pretender despite their 'SB win' against the Bills with a horrendous QB that was just benched. They do have some serious talent on that roster and have overachieved this year because of coaching though. The Dolphins, yes they are the division favorites this year IMO and a legit SB contender along with a handful of other teams in the AFC right now including the Bills.

My point though with the Bills is the excuses are tiresome especially the idea that every team is giving them their best shot just because of the national media hype and SB favorite annointment. With that said, they are still 8-3 and at least for the moment still in that conversation. Just don't feel it's going to last much longer with 5 of 6 games left against teams currently in the playoff picture. I still see a major fade down the stretch and a WC birth at best based on barely getting by 2 non playoff teams.

3 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Now that we are a top offense/defense and perennial playoff contender, people are so entitled. So much anger and sack this dude/cut that guy nonsense. Disappointing. 

It’s reminding me of Pats fans but we have zero hardware to even start acting this way. Very disappointed in us as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, StHustle said:

Joe Marino posts a ton of content but his postgame pod for the Bills Lions Thanksgiving game deserves it’s own thread.

So many members of the Mafia are upset, confused, and discouraged right now. The way he breaks down exactly what’s going on is masterful and he hits the nail on the head on point after point. 

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

He touches on so much more including a lot dealing with the defense and most key players individually. I love his perspective and feel most Bills fans would appreciate this content.

Lack of practice is directly the fault of the coaching staff. 

McD decided not to travel to Detroit (or nearby area) early before the storm, sacrificing multiple days of practice due to storm and then Saturday travel. Then egregiously decides to travel BACK to Buffalo in between, costing us Wednesday for travel. 

You can arrange facilities, there's plenty of indoor complexes and college complexes that your front office can arrange. 

The coaching staff purposely decided to have as little practice as possible coming off 2 losses. Egregious. 

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, StHustle said:

Joe Marino posts a ton of content but his postgame pod for the Bills Lions Thanksgiving game deserves it’s own thread.

So many members of the Mafia are upset, confused, and discouraged right now. The way he breaks down exactly what’s going on is masterful and he hits the nail on the head on point after point. 

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

He touches on so much more including a lot dealing with the defense and most key players individually. I love his perspective and feel most Bills fans would appreciate this content.

Any disappointed/diacouraged "fans" can go the fck away.  Spoiled brats. 8-3 while fighting through a lot.  3 losses by a combined 8 points.  Go back to your 2003-2017 Bills and enjoy that

• Vomit 1

18 hours ago, StHustle said:

Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...

Don't you know that logic and reason are frowned upon around here.  Get on the real bandwagon already...McD and Beane should be fired, Allen is trash and we should bench him for Keenum, and the Roster is trash overall.  

Shame on you.  You're a seasoned vet here.  Do better.  😜

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Any disappointed/diacouraged "fans" can go the fck away.  Spoiled brats. 8-3 while fighting through a lot.  3 losses by a combined 8 points.  Go back to your 2003-2017 Bills and enjoy that

True caveman thinking.

People are smart to look at how the Bills are playing and their level of execution. They barely beat one of the worst teams in the league. 

So tired of people using the drought years as a way to set low expectations, like you're happy to just have a participation trophy for being relevant. Guess what? The Super Bowl drought is still alive and well.  Some fans actually want to win a Chamionship and aren't complacent with just not being a losing team. 

Marino is a decent listen, I appreciate it when he acknowledges when he is wrong - which is rare in these days and ages. 

He is certainly deliberate and intentional with trying to provide content to Bills fans in a manner that is efficient to listen to and there is something to that. 

I listen regularly because it is a concise podcast, daily, during game weeks that is easy to listen to.  But some of his takes are a little goofy as all of ours are. This stated, it is not like he possesses any keen insight that is so unique, novel, and transformational that a decently informed fan is blown away....his highest level of play was HS (IIRC) and in that way, he is like us.

But I do not view him as a guiding light and somewhere to turn when I am not sure what to think.  I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with his takes with some consistency.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

That was 5 years ago. He injured it against the Jets. No one mentioned anything about it during the Packers game. 

If Josh started to feel his UCL bothering him in the Packers game, why would he mention it?   QBs often hide injuries as best they can so opponents don't take advantage of them.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.