Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

10 hours ago, boyst said:

This is 100% true even if those excuses are reasonable.

We simply need to do better and now that December is going to be upon there is absolutely and positively no room for bull####.

One reason I have hope after today falls in line with some of what is eluded to here. Today's game Josh went to McKenzie. He knows McKenzie and played with him longer than any other WR on the team. He had no other choice today than to force it to him and it showed several times. Why he didn't go to Diggs early, I don't know. Why he didn't go to Davis was clear. Davis was blanketed most every route by defenders (I suspect he's been figured out). McKenzie was creating just enough space today to make things work and Josh knew he could trust himself to throw the routes he knows McKenzie is running.

Well, but we won the games. ???? Justifications shouldn't even be needed. LOL

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Josh and the offense has been struggling since before no practices and his injury. 

Again it's important to be precise here.  Allen and the offense have struggled at times during games.  At other times - first half against GB, 1st half against the Vikes, 2nd quarter against the Jets, during the 25 - 0 run on Cleveland (2nd & 3rd quarters), the last 2 possessions against Detroit, Allen and the Bills O has been explosive.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

You can not overstate the lack of practice time this team and specifically Allen has had. 

We are still putting up points. I’m not worried about the offense. Our defense needs to get right and close out some games. I’m confident they will. Seems like they hit a three or four game stretch every year and then figure it out. 

I feel pretty good about where we are, providing Miller can come back

Bills still have the best roster in the league, when they are on the field.   As soon as they are back on the field, the results will happen.  "Next man up" is bullsh_t.   there is a good reason backups are backups. 

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

There is a difference between excuses and legitimate reasons for things. Nobody is saying what other NFL teams care about. It’s rational explanations for why we look how we do and why most gloom and doom posters are overreacting.

Ignoring causes, calling them excuses, is frankly dumb. It's what someone who doesn't get what's going on says. Sounds tough but really says nothing. Players are people dealing with things. Yelling about toughness and excuses doesn't fix anything.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Then how do you explain the 2nd half of the Packers game and the game vs the jets? Lack of practice is a pretty lame excuse. The offense is just off right now.

Josh's UCL problems date back to his rookie year.  I think maybe, contrary to the popular narrative, his UCL started bothering him again in the Pack game.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Really?  The first game after Josh’s elbow injury, when many pontificated he wouldn’t even play, means “nothing?”  You don’t think perhaps a few of those throws were off due to the injury and lack of practice time?

Fumbling a snap was a gaffe and cost them Vikings game.  Nothing to do with his injury or lack of practice time.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Nothing except injuries.  No Poyer, No Hyde, No tre, No elam.  Cam Lewis played and lost the game for us almost singlehandedly.  If he had some football IQ no one would be talking about Jefferson’s catch.  It would’ve been incomplete.  Watch Cam on Dalvins 80 yard TD run.  

Lewis is our 10th DB and would never play if it wasn’t for some unreal bad luck to injuries in the secondary.  

The Vikings gaffe?  Seriously, how is it on Poyer, Tre or Elam?  It was all on Josh at the end.

29 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Josh's UCL problems date back to his rookie year.  I think maybe, contrary to the popular narrative, his UCL started bothering him again in the Pack game.

That was 5 years ago. He injured it against the Jets. No one mentioned anything about it during the Packers game. 

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The Vikings gaff?

you mean that we lost another good team

I meant the fumble which was beyond reason and an inexplicable gaffe that only the Bills can pull off. No waxing about injuries or practice time minimizes that one.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Really?  The first game after Josh’s elbow injury, when many pontificated he wouldn’t even play, means “nothing?”  You don’t think perhaps a few of those throws were off due to the injury and lack of practice time?

He's a troll or dim or quite likely a dim troll. Hard to think with very little brain.

11 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

This + the idea that every team is apparently treating their game against us as their SB and giving us their best shot. That would make zero sense considering the Bills are not the defending SB champs nor have they ever climbed that mountain.

This is why I have hated all this media and fan driven SB hype from day one and it's played right into other (real) contenders hands like KC, who does have a recent SB title yet they have no trouble winning and staying focused an entire season despite teams gunning for them as well.

11 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So in order for Hines to run the ball Josh has to practice?

I see things different such as getting away from the running game. Lack of or no ability to have play action. How about a trick play? Um, run Cook on something other than a toss. Double move, pump fake? Not wait until 4th Qtr to get Knox in the game…. I see a lack of creativity. I see WRs consistently running 15 yds down the field, even on 3rd and short.

Get Josh under center a few more times a game just to help set up play action and have a different look other than shotgun.

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that…

Practice days, injuries etc I get it… sure it makes thing’s tougher. But I just don’t see this offense being to difficult for teams the game plan against. 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

Dorsey is not putting players in situations to succeed on a regular basis, he has abandoned many aspects of play calling that made the team successful under Dabol, not that Brian doesn’t have his faults…, Beane acquirers fast players, but Dorsey can’t seem to integrate them into the offense in an effective way, it takes weeks to even see them on the field with any regularity,  okay I’m done pissing and moaning, 

Go Bills!!!

12 hours ago, boyst said:

This is 100% true even if those excuses are reasonable.

We simply need to do better and now that December is going to be upon there is absolutely and positively no room for bull####.

One reason I have hope after today falls in line with some of what is eluded to here. Today's game Josh went to McKenzie. He knows McKenzie and played with him longer than any other WR on the team. He had no other choice today than to force it to him and it showed several times. Why he didn't go to Diggs early, I don't know. Why he didn't go to Davis was clear. Davis was blanketed most every route by defenders (I suspect he's been figured out). McKenzie was creating just enough space today to make things work and Josh knew he could trust himself to throw the routes he knows McKenzie is running.

True & it's about dam time they give him the contract with the faith he could take over for the likes of Beasley & to this point he has shown much less than what he has needed to but i hope yesterday was his jump start because the completions & yds that Bease had are very missed !

Mckenzie is the guy that needs to provide those yards lost & the drops in the beginning of the season were not like him i hope he continues on this path & the drops go away he needs to be consistent not just have a good game here & there Josh needs to know when he throws it to him he will catch it .

11 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

True. You should go over to the Fins board. They’re currently accepting band wagoners 

Exactly. I lurk there from time to time and there are lot of Tua>Allen and Dolphins and Chiefs are the best NFL team takes. If you are a Bills sceptic it's never too late to hop on Dolphins bandwagon.

12 hours ago, StHustle said:

Joe Marino posts a ton of content but his postgame pod for the Bills Lions Thanksgiving game deserves it’s own thread.

So many members of the Mafia are upset, confused, and discouraged right now. The way he breaks down exactly what’s going on is masterful and he hits the nail on the head on point after point. 

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

He touches on so much more including a lot dealing with the defense and most key players individually. I love his perspective and feel most Bills fans would appreciate this content.

Classic glass half full, all is OK, excuse after excuse. 

Josh hasn’t played up to what he is capable of, has been very inaccurate at times, and made some poor decisions that we haven’t seen since his rookie year.  

Why can’t we just accept that?  Rather than spin it and point the finger elsewhere. 

Let’s just hope he gets it going when it truly matters in December and into the post season.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.