Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

OK. I guess when they "struggle" and still average 29 points and 400+ yards it's hard for me to want to make wholesale changes.

Small things to correct can lead to big result differences.

League average is 21.6 points a game and 340 yards per game. not bad for a struggling team, but im wondering our average over the last 5 games is.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

I been pointing that out here for two weeks now.  I guess I dont have a podcast though haha.  I love his podcasts.  Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that… 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

Your 1st take would be awesome.....

Your 2nd take I sadly agree with....

28 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Practice time is important to install and operationalize opponent specifics strategy and tactics. People confuse what a week practice is. It’s not wind sprints, it’s installing. I think it explains a slow start, because they are installing “live” 

Luckily the defense principles were known to AJ Klein since he played here before since he did not get many practices I believe.

I am looking forward to see snap counts of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

It’s really not excuses to bring these things up when we’re theorizing how future games are going to go.  

people are assuming the team is going to continue to play mediocre and there’s a lot of reasons why that may not be the case 

5 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

Or our pathetic 8-3 record good for second place in the AFC. last year after 13 games we were 7-6 and certainly had less injury issues. Would love to have won the Jets or Vikings games .. but sitting in a very good spot right now

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Didn't watch but what I see is we're gutting out wins when we should probably blow these teams out. That being said, I think it makes us more tough and playoff ready. What adversity have the Chiefs faced other than losing Hill? Josh's arm is not 100% at all, maybe 80%. I think we're going to take flight come playoff time. Just my feelings. Hopefully, Von is back by then too.

Honestly, the Chiefs have had their fair share of wars themselves. Half their wins have been by three points or less - over a Titans team in OT we blew out, over a Raiders team that has been scuffling all year, and against the under-achieving Chargers twice. The Chiefs also lost to a dysfunctional Colts team in week 3.  The Chiefs are hardly dominating and are, in fact, vulnerable, especially with a rash of injuries on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Didn't watch but what I see is we're gutting out wins when we should probably blow these teams out. That being said, I think it makes us more tough and playoff ready. What adversity have the Chiefs faced other than losing Hill? Josh's arm is not 100% at all, maybe 80%. I think we're going to take flight come playoff time. Just my feelings. Hopefully, Von is back by then too.

Quick question and not being sarcastic. Have you watched Detroit play much this year? Have you looked at their schedule? 

that Detroit team is tough, plays balls out 100% if the time, and had been steadily improving , especially on D , the last 5 weeks or so. 

this was a PHENOMENAL win today, I am shocked to see the negativity on this board. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

So many Bills fans are behaving like spoiled Pats fans who feel they should dominate every week despite the reality of the circumstances.

I place the blame firmly with all those whiners who cried about the Bills not being able to win close games.  The Bills are trying to atone for those close losses by taking games down to the wire, instead of their usual MO of just blowing them out by the 3rd quarter.

They figure that if they can make their record in close games better, they will make those butt-hurt people happier (until they find something else to complain about.)

Personally, I am enjoying being 8-3 with the team we have.  I actually like the humans who make up our favortite team and root for them, win or lose.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.