Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

Joe Marino posts a ton of content but his postgame pod for the Bills Lions Thanksgiving game deserves it’s own thread.

So many members of the Mafia are upset, confused, and discouraged right now. The way he breaks down exactly what’s going on is masterful and he hits the nail on the head on point after point. 

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

He touches on so much more including a lot dealing with the defense and most key players individually. I love his perspective and feel most Bills fans would appreciate this content.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 15

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

This is 100% true even if those excuses are reasonable.

We simply need to do better and now that December is going to be upon there is absolutely and positively no room for bull####.

One reason I have hope after today falls in line with some of what is eluded to here. Today's game Josh went to McKenzie. He knows McKenzie and played with him longer than any other WR on the team. He had no other choice today than to force it to him and it showed several times. Why he didn't go to Diggs early, I don't know. Why he didn't go to Davis was clear. Davis was blanketed most every route by defenders (I suspect he's been figured out). McKenzie was creating just enough space today to make things work and Josh knew he could trust himself to throw the routes he knows McKenzie is running.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

There is a difference between excuses and legitimate reasons for things. Nobody is saying what other NFL teams care about. It’s rational explanations for why we look how we do and why most gloom and doom posters are overreacting.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

This is 100% true even if those excuses are reasonable.

We simply need to do better and now that December is going to be upon there is absolutely and positively no room for bull####.

One reason I have hope after today falls in line with some of what is eluded to here. Today's game Josh went to McKenzie. He knows McKenzie and played with him longer than any other WR on the team. He had no other choice today than to force it to him and it showed several times. Why he didn't go to Diggs early, I don't know. Why he didn't go to Davis was clear. Davis was blanketed most every route by defenders (I suspect he's been figured out). McKenzie was creating just enough space today to make things work and Josh knew he could trust himself to throw the routes he knows McKenzie is running.

You discussing the offense shows you should watch the pod. We’ve had the #2 productive offense over the last 3 games so far. The defense is the issue and you simply can’t expect the Bills to be dominant with all that he makes clear. We are a resilient bunch who has dominated games or been in them til the last drive. All while dealing with major things to overcome. So many Bills fans are behaving like spoiled Pats fans who feel they should dominate every week despite the reality of the circumstances.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

You can not overstate the lack of practice time this team and specifically Allen has had. 

We are still putting up points. I’m not worried about the offense. Our defense needs to get right and close out some games. I’m confident they will. Seems like they hit a three or four game stretch every year and then figure it out. 

I feel pretty good about where we are, providing Miller can come back

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

An explanation and an excuse are 2 different things

True, because an explanation accepts a little bit of responsibility.

But it’s not an explanation either. Nothing explains the Vikings gaffe, for example. 

It’s all just meaningless context.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So in order for Hines to run the ball Josh has to practice?

I see things different such as getting away from the running game. Lack of or no ability to have play action. How about a trick play? Um, run Cook on something other than a toss. Double move, pump fake? Not wait until 4th Qtr to get Knox in the game…. I see a lack of creativity. I see WRs consistently running 15 yds down the field, even on 3rd and short.

Get Josh under center a few more times a game just to help set up play action and have a different look other than shotgun.

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that…

Practice days, injuries etc I get it… sure it makes thing’s tougher. But I just don’t see this offense being to difficult for teams the game plan against. 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

And 25 of those teams would sign up right now to score 30,31 and 28 points while averaging over 400 yards of offense the past 3 games when we have played "like crap" on offense too.

I kinda remember the Bills scoring 6 and 15 points in 2 games last year...

The sky isn't falling. They for sure can correct some things. They will be fine. 

At the end of the day, just win the games. Ugly wins are better than pretty losses any day of the week. And twice on Sundays 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Airseven said:

True, because an explanation accepts a little bit of responsibility.

But it’s not an explanation either. Nothing explains the Vikings gaffe, for example. 

It’s all just meaningless context.

True. You should go over to the Fins board. They’re currently accepting band wagoners 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So in order for Hines to run the ball Josh has to practice?

I see things different such as getting away from the running game. Lack of or no ability to have play action. How about a trick play? Um, run Cook on something other than a toss. Double move, pump fake? Not wait until 4th Qtr to get Knox in the game…. I see a lack of creativity. I see WRs consistently running 15 yds down the field, even on 3rd and short.

Get Josh under center a few more times a game just to help set up play action and have a different look other than shotgun.

They call the QB sweep almost once a game, how about QB sweep action then stop and throw over the top, teams come flying up when they see that…

Practice days, injuries etc I get it… sure it makes thing’s tougher. But I just don’t see this offense being to difficult for teams the game plan against. 

Belichick will be tough next week. Definitely a game we can lose.

OK. I guess when they "struggle" and still average 29 points and 400+ yards it's hard for me to want to make wholesale changes.

Small things to correct can lead to big result differences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.