McDermott Locker Room Speech.

stevestojan

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Well you’ve surprised me yet again, TBD. 

I never considered this fun little video of our team’s head coach celebrating and having some fun with his team could possibly be a controversial post. 

I’ll go ahead and start another fire McD thread to keep some of you trolls sustained. 

😒

Trolls? Hey, in the rosy colored world of a win is a win, if they ever start handing out Lombardi Trophies based on the quality of post game locker room speeches, we may actually win one. Meantime, I'll continue to be a "troll", when and where it's called for.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's all crap---all coaches and all teams do this silly theatre--they all learn how to do everything from each other and it's a little inbred community where everyone copies everyone else.

Gotta have your emotional heart felt pow-wow in the locker room after every game, win, lose, or draw.

Family!

It's childish and idiotic for adults being paid this much.  But a part of "football culture".

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47imado4mvchb7volroc

If it’s childish and idiotic for adults to be paid this much, why do support an organization that does?

You sound like my friends daughter who started college last year.  She thinks big corporations are hurting America but gets a new IPhone every year and shops at Target all the time.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Airseven said:

Basham and Epenesa are ZEROS

Both inexplicable picks at the time and now everyone sees why many of us were calling them wasted picks.  How much better would this team be w Creed Humphrey? A LOT.  Beane has done a lot of good, but drafting isn’t his best suite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

That's great for the locker room & the team. 2 wins in 5 days on the road isn't easy. I get they're weathering adversity & injuries. But the coaching & execution has to improve a lot, quickly (especially on offense). Right now they don't look like a team that gets passed their 1st round wild card game & no speech is fixing that.

Maybe getting back 11 starters will help you fool.

10 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

The glory of victory. This reminds me of Maximus after he defeated the barbarians in Germania. Dan Campbell “Berzerker German” needed seven swords to finally die but the the more professionally organized but beaten up army won victory after a long campaign. 

We’re you really there to see that? You must be older than me!

27 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Trolls? Hey, in the rosy colored world of a win is a win, if they ever start handing out Lombardi Trophies based on the quality of post game locker room speeches, we may actually win one. Meantime, I'll continue to be a "troll", when and where it's called for.

I bet you’re a lot of fun when you’re torturing prisoners!

12 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Maybe getting back 11 starters will help you fool.

Missing only 1 starter on offense going into the game, Morse. Lost a 2nd in Dawkins. So that's not solving the offenses issues. & We don't seem to get more guys back than we loose each week, so I wouldn't count on that being the magic fix here.

Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You take away Allen, and McDermott wins six or seven games a season, tops.

Take away Brady and Bellichick is mediocre.

Take away Montana and Rice and Bill Walsh is average.

Take away Starr and the Super Bowl trophy isn't named "Lombardi."

Funny how that works.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Both inexplicable picks at the time and now everyone sees why many of us were calling them wasted picks.  How much better would this team be w Creed Humphrey? A LOT.  Beane has done a lot of good, but drafting isn’t his best suite.

That’s not a fair assessment.  Beane is a pretty good drafter, he just has blind spots, as does everyone.  

He hit on Rousseau, who looks better, with more potential, than other guys in the mid-late RD1 (Oweh and Phillips)

Epenesa, I can’t really kill him for.  The guy was the projected top pick entering his last college year.  He didn’t have the season he wanted, but was still regarded as sliding when we took him.  It was worth a shot, given his ability and our need to bring in a pass rusher with no RD1 pick.   Epenesa, at least, flashes sometimes. 

Basham, I don’t get.  I saw him at college.  He was ok.  Seemed destined to be a rotational DE.  Furthermore, we had a deal in place to trade back unless Basham was there… ok.   Reminds me of how high they were on Cody Ford… like they just secured an All-Pro.  

What I do think Beane needs to do religiously … mid-round WR and late-round DB every year.   Davis was a hit for a 4th rounder.  We’ll see what Shakir becomes.  While not studs… Jackson, Hamlin, Benford etc are all fringe starters, good depth… Hamlin/Benford potentially more. 

Let someone else draft Day 2 pass rushers from now on … 

Edited by SCBills

14 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Missing only 1 starter on offense going into the game, Morse. Lost a 2nd in Dawkins. So that's not solving the offenses issues. & We don't seem to get more guys back than we loose each week, so I wouldn't count on that being the magic fix here.

Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

First you ignore the multitude of injuries on defense.  Second, you ignore the loss of Crowder.  Third, Allen is not 100%. Fourth, the ripple effect on the line is huge.  Van Roten is not a real guard.  Van Roten instead of Bates plainly adversely impacts Brown's play.  Quesseberry at LT is basically a joke.  Bates at center is no Morse.  Our OL is OK when healthy, but it sucks with the injuries.  Very hard to have a great O with no line.  And still they put up 26 points.  People may think injuries are "no excuse"  but if you don't think it impacts performance you are a fool.  Let's see where we are in January. But the clip is awesome!!!

Edited by Casey D
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Take away Brady and Bellichick is mediocre.

Take away Montana and Rice and Bill Walsh is average.

Take away Starr and the Super Bowl trophy isn't named "Lombardi."

Funny how that works.

Here's the difference: Every QB and HC you cite won multiple world championships.

Just now, Sargent Hulka said:

As any Bills fan knows, it's a fine line between pleasure and pain.

I suggest you hop in your Urban Assault Vehicle and take a road trip to Wisconsin.  It'll clear your head and put you in a much better mood!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

McDermott is a lousy in-game manager, but people like his ooh rah locker room speeches, after Allen and Diggs bail him out. You take away Allen, and McDermott wins six or seven games a season, tops. There are other coaches doing much more with much less.

Like when he won 9 with Tyrod Taylor as his starting QB and broke a 17 year playoff drought??

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.