McDermott Locker Room Speech.

stevestojan

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

Most are yep.  But this one today was different for sure. You could tell he went through all sorts of highs and lows today.  And his little sideline interview in the 1st half he sounded very frustrated. An emotional day for McD.

To me, he was just very locked in on being a very good NFL head coach & did his civic duty by being interviewed in the first half for the NFL & TV overlords.

The truth is, many Bills fans are now WAY TOO SPOILED by our recent successes.  McD's post-game victory speeches do nothing for me. 🙄  The wins are not dominant enough for my liking. 🙄  Something is off with Josh, he's regressing! 🙄  And can you believe we lost to the Jets?! 🙄  And c'mon, what about that Jacksonville game last year?!!? 🙄

Y'all need to just stfu & fully embrace McDermott as our organizational savior & continue to Trust the Process!!!!

Or do us all a favor & gtf off the bandwagon.

SIncerely,

Bills football enthusiasts who have been waiting for this kind of team since the SB years!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

To me, he was just very locked in on being a very good NFL head coach & did his civic duty by being interviewed in the first half for the NFL & TV overlords.

The truth is, many Bills fans are now WAY TOO SPOILED by our recent successes.  McD's post-game victory speeches do nothing for me. 🙄  The wins are not dominant enough for my liking. 🙄  Something is off with Josh, he's regressing! 🙄  And can you believe we lost to the Jets?! 🙄  And c'mon, what about that Jacksonville game last year?!!? 🙄

Y'all need to just stfu & fully embrace McDermott as our organizational savior & continue to Trust the Process!!!!

SIncerely,

Bills football enthusiasts who have been waiting for this kind of team since the SB years!

You presume much; "...waiting for this kind of team since the Super Bowl Years!" I, and others like me, and so many who shuffled off of this mortal coil, have been and were, respectively, waiting for a Champion since January 1, 1967. The "Super Bowl years teams" were exactly like this team (to date): they didn't win the big one, despite the ballyhoo and bravado of " where would you rather be than right here, right now". I reserve the right to dissent when I see deficiencies on the field, schematically, execution and otherwise. If you want to disagree, that's okay, but don't tell other fans with whom you disagree "stfu".

15 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Apparently only 5 of 46 agree w you......just saying.

Then again, that may be grounds for an echo chamber.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You presume much; "...waiting for this kind of team since the Super Bowl Years!" I, and others like me, and so many who shuffled off of this mortal coil, have been and were, respectively, waiting for a Champion since January 1, 1967. The "Super Bowl years teams" were exactly like this team (to date): they didn't win the big one, despite the ballyhoo and bravado of " where would you rather be than right here, right now". I reserve the right to dissent when I see deficiencies on the field, schematically, execution and otherwise. If you want to disagree, that's okay, but don't tell other fans with whom you disagree "stfu".

I respect your seniority & opinion.  The stfu part was more directed at those that somehow now expect this team to waltz through the schedule and go 17-0 while covering every week since Vegas had us as the favorites - it's just not realistic.  As Dick Jauron would say, it's hard to win in this league!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

My god.  The drama. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm still not a fan of McD in terms of the bigger picture and his long term viability here, but you have to give him a certain degree of credit for holding everything together these last few weeks and pulling out wins against 2 teams they probably should have beaten more soundly if they were a real contender.

Bigger question is how this team responds now against much better competition starting next week in NE where they have to avoid going 0-3 in the division to keep any faint hopes of a 3rd straight division title alive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm still not a fan of McD in terms of the bigger picture and his long term viability here, but you have to give him a certain degree of credit for holding everything together these last few weeks and pulling out wins against 2 teams they probably should have beaten more soundly if they were a real contender.

Bigger question is how this team responds now against much better competition starting next week in NE where they have to avoid going 0-3 in the division to keep any faint hopes of a 3rd straight division title alive.

Does that mean Philly isn’t a real contender because they barely beat a bad Indy team last week?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

There's something happening with this team the last 5 years that is unbelievable. Enjoy the ride. Sometimes what you THINK are schematic deficiencies are due to injuries or outside factors. If you are a Sergeant then you know that when dealing with large teams that there is entropy that you need to deal with as a leader. Sometimes you can't just snap your fingers and get rid of it, no matter how high up you are. You have to ride it out and compartmentalize the problems until the time is right to fix them. 

Trust the process! 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

A win is a win, sorry to tell you style points don't make anyone a "real contender". Winning by 1 point or 20 points matters not. All that matters is winning. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

My god.  The drama. 

My connection to this team, to its fans, to this city, is multi-generational, and is unapologetically visceral. If this football team (or hockey team) ever win a championship, I assure you that as a fan I will shed a tear for those who came before me, but who were no longer here to see it happen in person. Then, I'll go to the parade.

If it makes you feel superior to call that "drama", so be it.

Edited by Sargent Hulka

2 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You do have a right as a fan to feel any way you want.  As a fan of this team "almost since inception" frustration has been prevalent.

11 other NFL teams fans are in the same boat.  

You cite the Superbowl years and its frustration.  The thing the separates me from you is, that group of owners, coaches and players have nothing

to do with the current cast.  The current group of men (and women) who daily represent my hometown team have yet to realize

their final ultimate outcome.  So, until that unfolds, I prefer to look toward the possibility of a championship and see no correlation

to past teams.

I guess after all the analysis, discussions, arguments and expectations are over, I'll always be a "homer".

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's all crap---all coaches and all teams do this silly theatre--they all learn how to do everything from each other and it's a little inbred community where everyone copies everyone else.

Gotta have your emotional heart felt pow-wow in the locker room after every game, win, lose, or draw.

Family!

It's childish and idiotic for adults being paid this much.  But a part of "football culture".

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47imado4mvchb7volroc

You don't seem to really enjoy football. Why do you spend so much time on a football forum?

I rarely post here but have been a Bills fan for 5 decades; first game in Rich Stadium as a kid was watching OJ run wild over the Colts in the first half but Joe Ferguson getting knocked out in the second and the Bills grinding to a halt, losing 42-35. And so it began. I have not lived in Upstate NY since I left for college in 1987 but have been back for a few games and in Bills Backers bars everywhere I have lived. In Seattle since 1999, and picked them up as my #2 team when the Hawks traded for Marshawn Lynch. And went to the Seattle-Denver Super Bowl. My dominant feeling after that game was that I had not fully realized until then how big the void in my heart is that can only by filled when the Bills win the big one.

the point of this long winded wind up is to say that when I see something like the McDermott speech, not to mention his moment with Diggs on the sideline on Sunday in Cleveland, and the craziness of #17 pulling off the 35 yarder to Diggs with half a right arm, which was a gutsy call, and the weariness in that locker room that McDermott acknowledges and treats with respect, I get the feeling that with this special team—and make no mistake, this is really, really special right now—there is a kind of quiet emotional leadership needed that McDermott appears to provide. I also don’t think he is God’s gift to game time coaching decisions; wish he were better. And strongly believe that no coach is perfect, and you kind of have what you have when your run takes place; new head coach midstream potentially can disrupt things quite a bit. But I think we have a good part of the formula of what is needed with McDermott. If I were Beane I would be thinking really hard with McDermott about whether we need a new OC or DC that can complement him in new ways. But would ride McDermott, who brings a lot, just not everything, which no coach does. 

• Like (+1) 1

We should rename TSW to WBH…Wet Blanket Headquarters.  

No one cares about your whiney complaints about McDs post game speeches.  Seriously this thread has got to be one of the whiniest narcissistic threads I’ve seen.  

Who really gives a **** what any of the fans think about his speech?  Doesn’t matter if you love it or hate it…all that matters is the players were HYPED and LOVED it.  

To come on here after another important and gritty win in 5 days after all this teams been through in 2 weeks and whine you don’t like the post game speech is stunning.  

I swear some of you don’t deserve this team right now.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

A win is a win, sorry to tell you style points don't make anyone a "real contender". Winning by 1 point or 20 points matters not. All that matters is winning. 

Agree but it doesn't inspire confidence knowing the gauntlet on deck including 5 of 6 games against teams currently in the playoff picture. This includes 4 division games in which we already have an 0-2 hole.

3 hours ago, Ta111 said:

Does that mean Philly isn’t a real contender because they barely beat a bad Indy team last week?

Philly is a good team and likely on their way to the playoffs. But I think their hot start is/was smoke and mirrors like the Cardinals last year and they are destined for a similar fate in terms of being one and done in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree but it doesn't inspire confidence knowing the gauntlet on deck including 5 of 6 games against teams currently in the playoff picture. This includes 4 division games in which we already have an 0-2 hole.

Philly is a good team and likely on their way to the playoffs. But I think their hot start is/was smoke and mirrors like the Cardinals last year and they are destined for a similar fate in terms of being one and done in the playoffs.

The team winning 2 games in 4 days with the amount of craziness that has happened with weather and injury should inspire some form of confidence to overcome imo. It's understandable to be weary of the fact that they haven't been playing like world beaters but don't sell them short either. I take this team one game at a time, so yes we have a tough division game in New England next but I'm not lacking in confidence that we can beat them. And if it's another ugly win so be it, as stated before a win is a win.

Edited by BillzFreak

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

That’s not a fair assessment.  Beane is a pretty good drafter, he just has blind spots, as does everyone.  

He hit on Rousseau, who looks better, with more potential, than other guys in the mid-late RD1 (Oweh and Phillips)

Epenesa, I can’t really kill him for.  The guy was the projected top pick entering his last college year.  He didn’t have the season he wanted, but was still regarded as sliding when we took him.  It was worth a shot, given his ability and our need to bring in a pass rusher with no RD1 pick.   Epenesa, at least, flashes sometimes. 

Basham, I don’t get.  I saw him at college.  He was ok.  Seemed destined to be a rotational DE.  Furthermore, we had a deal in place to trade back unless Basham was there… ok.   Reminds me of how high they were on Cody Ford… like they just secured an All-Pro.  

What I do think Beane needs to do religiously … mid-round WR and late-round DB every year.   Davis was a hit for a 4th rounder.  We’ll see what Shakir becomes.  While not studs… Jackson, Hamlin, Benford etc are all fringe starters, good depth… Hamlin/Benford potentially more. 

Let someone else draft Day 2 pass rushers from now on … 

Maybe I should re-phrase.  His early round drafting is mediocre outside of Allen.  Late rounds he’s done fairly well.

The lack of attention to the offense is offensive. 

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

SIncerely,

Just cause one says McDs post locker room speeches all seem the same doesn’t mean anything but his speeches seem the same.

Ive been a fan for nearly 35 years. Josh Allen is my favorite Bills player ever. Mainly cause we were born and raised in the area. Lol to ask people to have zero opinion and kneel for our savior sounds a little crazy. I’m just simply pointing out McDs post game speeches don’t fire me up obviously as much as everyone else and simply stated they all feel the same.

That has nothing to do with being spoiled. And we should have beat the Jets and Jacksonville…. KC fans would feel the same way if they lost to those 2 teams. But Andy Reid and Mahomes would be hard pressed to lose games like that. Why is that? Just curious what you think why that is….. be careful what you say or your response cause you may be called spoiled and told to stfu.

Stay humble and hungry ok!

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's no faint hope. Bills play the whole division one more game.  Two for the Cheatriots. 

Who says they gotta sweep. Just split Division and win the Bengals game... Bills are sitting pretty in the Conference,  Dolphins lost to Bengals. 

0-2 means squat. Just split and win the other games and they win Division.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.