McDermott Locker Room Speech.

stevestojan

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's all crap---all coaches and all teams do this silly theatre--they all learn how to do everything from each other and it's a little inbred community where everyone copies everyone else.

Gotta have your emotional heart felt pow-wow in the locker room after every game, win, lose, or draw.

Family!

It's childish and idiotic for adults being paid this much.  But a part of "football culture".

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47imado4mvchb7volroc

Debbie Downer Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 9

4 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol McDs post game speeches do nothing for me…. I feel like they are all the same.

Am I alone on feeling that way?

Judging by the reactions you  had at the time of this post, you're on a very small island with a couple of other people. Out of 24 reactions:

People who agree with you - 12.5%(3)

People who don't - 87.5%(21)

• Like (+1) 2

McD is a disciplinarian... Why he probably sours on some. Yet, he knows how to handle it with humor. Of course it's always easier when it's gonna be "VictoryFriday!"  AND of course, Josh knows how to tack around the tension. With some of the comments in this thread, I assume the lockerroom is no different, some not feeling the love. BUT McD has to pump up Allen more considering the Vikings game results fluke... 

It just comes natural Josh's leadership.

JA17: "[hushed undertone]: Hey hey, I know what you're doing here. [more boisterous]: I THINK we have a VictoryFriday coming up!!! [points to McD in submission]"

McD: "Hey, I make that call. Yeah you got it boy [LOUD APPLAUSE]!

NICE!

"Buffalo became the third NFL team to play two games in five or fewer days on the road in the same stadium, and the first to win both."

"Allen had a passing and rushing touchdown in the first half, finishing 24 of 42 for 253 yards to more than make up for throwing his 11th interception of the season. He has accounted for 162 touchdowns, trailing only Hall of Famer Dan Marino's total of 171 for the most by an NFL player in his first five seasons."

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

James Cook wasn’t impressed.

Very divisive.

He's a rookie. He can get onboard like it or not.  Since when should the newbs call the shots. Of course they need love to. But, let's not get too cerebral here with a lockerroom speech. The game still needs structure and hierarchy to be successful... And the rooks need to stay humble.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Coach speak has gone downhill since Rockne's "lets win one for the gipper".

Quick! We need a dying cancer patient on the team! 😏 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's great for the locker room & the team. 2 wins in 5 days on the road isn't easy. I get they're weathering adversity & injuries. But the coaching & execution has to improve a lot, quickly (especially on offense). Right now they don't look like a team that gets passed their 1st round wild card game & no speech is fixing that.

9 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol I’m not hating on him by no means…. I just get the feeling the speech will resemble the last few post game speeches.  
Next win we get the speech will be, “that was a great win men…. Nothing comes easy, we know where we want to be, stay humble and hungry”

Ok, so you admit you didn’t even watch it, yet stumbled in here to post that all of his speeches are the same?

You do realize there is no requirement that you post in a thread, right?

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol I’m not hating on him by no means…. I just get the feeling the speech will resemble the last few post game speeches.  
Next win we get the speech will be, “that was a great win men…. Nothing comes easy, we know where we want to be, stay humble and hungry”

You’re missing the essence of it by focusing on the words rather than the emotion. 
In a text or any transcript it would sound pedestrian, but McDermott sounded like a man who had just been through battle, his voice cracking. The normally subdued McDermott was struggling to hold back tears of joy and relief following a week of physical and emotional rollercoasters. 
What shame for anyone not able to feel that moment. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well you’ve surprised me yet again, TBD. 

I never considered this fun little video of our team’s head coach celebrating and having some fun with his team could possibly be a controversial post. 

I’ll go ahead and start another fire McD thread to keep some of you trolls sustained. 

😒

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

McDermott is a lousy in-game manager, but people like his ooh rah locker room speeches, after Allen and Diggs bail him out. You take away Allen, and McDermott wins six or seven games a season, tops. There are other coaches doing much more with much less.

Take away Mahomes and Andy Reid wins about the same number. They’re barely scraping by with Patrick against lesser opponents, just like we are.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.