Patriots @ Vikings - Turkey Day Special

Scott7975

54 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I understand we've had some redzone turnovers of late and we've punted more than we usually do, but this keeps getting repeated and is an over reaction.

Our offense last year averaged 381.9 yards a game and 28.4 points per game. This year we're averaging 415.9 yards and 28.1 points per game against a far harder schedule than last year. 

Now some will say, yeah but the hot start on offense this year is inflating the season averages. Ok, if you go off our last 3 games we are averaging 414.7 yards and 29.4 points per game.

That's not to say the offense is playing perfect, by no means are they, but the results are just as good, if not better, than last season when we had an easier schedule and far less injuries.

Just looked up 2020, when we all thought the offense was really humming. We scored about fg more, but gained about 20 yards less per game than this year. Still pretty close when everything is factored in. We're still a top 3 offense, fix the redzone turnovers and they'll be #1.

I understand all that but this offense just is not in sync like it was the last part of the year last season.  This season has been mostly Diggs since teams have started bracketing Davis.  Davis is dropping balls left and right, Knox is hardly used in the passing game at all.  I expect they will fix this but even with the yards and points they are getting it just is not there yet.  

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I understand all that but this offense just is not in sync like it was the last part of the year last season.  This season has been mostly Diggs since teams have started bracketing Davis.  Davis is dropping balls left and right, Knox is hardly used in the passing game at all.  I expect they will fix this but even with the yards and points they are getting it just is not there yet.  

But I'll go right back to it, the end results are the same. Last 4 games last year, all wins with 3 of them no punt games, they averaged exactly 30 points a game, our last 3 games we've averaged 29.4

Now if it's the playoffs you're talking, it's not going to happen this year or any other year by this team or any team for that matter. A game where they went 7 drives, 7 TDs, I can confidently say it'll be the only time I see that in my lifetime by any team. If you want to combine the 2 games, no one is going to score TDs on an average of 12 of every 16 drives, which is what the Bills did in those 2 games. A .75 touchdown per drive ratio is not sustainable by anyone.

Do they look as crisp, no they do not, but this was not a dominating offense at any stretch of the regular season last year, a game here and there, sure but there weren't really any stretches. Heck there were 3 losses in between weeks 9-13 last year with point totals of 6, 10 & 15. 

Josh is hurt right now and our defense is so injured it's having a hard time getting off the field and giving up long drives that it wasn't earlier in the year. Much easier to stay in a rhythm that way also.

Just remember things can change quickly. In our week 16 victory against Atlanta last year Josh had one of his worst throwing days ever going 11/26 for 120 yards, 0 TDs 3 Ints and a QB Rating of 17.0 Week 17 against the Jets he barely completed 50% of his passes, throwing 45 times for only 239 yards. Then the next 2 weeks he statistically had the best 2 game stretch by a QB in the playoffs ever and the highest QB Rating ever in a playoff year. IMO when it's go time, in a few weeks, Josh and the offense will be ready.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes, walking the green mile. How is it your takes are repeatedly this bad? Since the start of 2020 Josh is 4-1 against Belicheat with the only loss coming in a wind Strom that had gusts almost as powerful as a cat 1 hurricane. During those games Allen has 13 TDs, only 1 Int and 1 rushing TD. 

The last time we played them in the regular season we traveled to their place with an offensive line that was struggling and Dawkins wasn't starting. The first of 2 straight dominating performances by the offense against Belicheat's defense that saw our punter never see the field except to hold for extra points.

After both those games Belicheat was quoted as saying we had no answers for Josh Allen today. I don't expect anything different when we play in their place next Thursday.

Belicheat? Boy that guy is in your head.  Josh Allen has been pretty spotty with his play for some time now.  I expect the Bills to win but it won’t be easy.. especially if Allen throws to the other team a few times.

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

True, but the game in Gillette was closer than it should've been. On 1 drive Buffalo went for it on 4th down from the 1 when Emanuel Sanders dropped a sure TD. Another drive they were at NE's 12 and on 1st down had a TD taken off the board because of penalty that had nothing to do with the result of the play. Only to follow that up with another penalty the next play making it 1st and 25 from the 27. And another drive stalled inside the 10 resulting in a fg. NE on the other hand scored nothing but TDs when they were inside the redzone.

The total yards for the game was 428 for Buffalo vs 288 for NE, NE had 2 turnovers, Buffalo had none and Buffalo had the ball for over 10 minutes more than NE. It's amazing it was only a 12 point victory.

Oh it could have been worse! Jones made it a game late… and I won’t lie when I saw that ball hit Jackson I thought they were going take the lead and make an improbable comeback.  My point was just that while the Bills didn’t punt the Pats were within a whisker of actually taking the lead and GOD knows how that effects the Bills team.. 

Again the playoff game it looked like the Bills were playing offense on rookie mode in Madden lol. 

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was a TD! SORRY... But refs got it wrong.  Boy did that help the Bills:

1525569016_OverTurnedTD_Pats@Vikes_11242022(ThnxTh).thumb.jpeg.e1f4ef5ab6b074e380660805914e408a.jpeg1237553096_OverTurnedTD_Pats@Vikes_11242022(ThnxTh)_2CloseUp.thumb.jpg.fff399c7efe121b151b704c2c6e1206b.jpgOverTurnedTD_RuledNoCatch!.jpg.57043e8ccd75709bcaf47940d5bdaa39.jpg

LOOK! Hunter Henry's fingers under ball. He would know!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35103514/patriots-hunter-henry-disputes-overturned-td-loss-vikings

The refs were AWFUL!  This call, the multiple missed penalties on the kick return, the missed Facemask on Jones as well as PI/illegal contact on the same play that ended a drive..  just so many! I j Unlike your Bills the Pats are not good enough to overcome extremely bad refs!  The refs been getting worse every year.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Success said:

Pats fans online complaining about officiating.  It's kind wonderful

This is the greatest thing of all.  They have zero self-awareness - its laughable

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

This is the greatest thing of all.  They have zero self-awareness - its laughable

Lol I would think by now BILLS fans would be a little self aware and realize the calls go with the superstar/ face of the league QB. I fully expect the Bills get the calls when we face them. I don’t expect a journeymen like Cousins to get that effect.. That said it isn’t bad calls we or I am upset by.. it’s so many missed calls!  The penalties called on NE were legit and dumb! Especially running into the kicker! Ugh that led to 7 points.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That was a TD! SORRY... But refs got it wrong.  Boy did that help the Bills:

1525569016_OverTurnedTD_Pats@Vikes_11242022(ThnxTh).thumb.jpeg.e1f4ef5ab6b074e380660805914e408a.jpeg1237553096_OverTurnedTD_Pats@Vikes_11242022(ThnxTh)_2CloseUp.thumb.jpg.fff399c7efe121b151b704c2c6e1206b.jpgOverTurnedTD_RuledNoCatch!.jpg.57043e8ccd75709bcaf47940d5bdaa39.jpg

LOOK! Hunter Henry's fingers under ball. He would know!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35103514/patriots-hunter-henry-disputes-overturned-td-loss-vikings

Sure, in that cherry picked photo he "caught it" but immediately following this pic the ball slightly rolls and touches the ground, then it bobbles.  Stupid rule, but based on the rule, it's probably the right call.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Sure, in that cherry picked photo he "caught it" but immediately following this pic the ball slightly rolls and touches the ground, then it bobbles.  Stupid rule, but based on the rule, it's probably the right call.

Rule is if the ball Moves and touches the ground, even for a split second it’s incomplete. Good call.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You are probably right! A very dumb rule! It is what it is, I will take the positive move forward by Mac in this game.. that was such a beautiful pass and Henry didn’t have to do the stretch as he already broke the plain.. but hey 388 yards and 2 TDS a damn good move forward for the QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You are probably right! A very dumb rule! It is what it is, I will take the positive move forward by Mac in this game.. that was such a beautiful pass and Henry didn’t have to do the stretch as he already broke the plain.. but hey 388 yards and 2 TDS a damn good move forward for the QB.

He is right and thats why they ruled it incomplete.  If his hand stayed under it then it would have been ruled complete.  It doesnt though and the ball hits the ground. Also if he caught it and turned and took a couple steps the ground wouldnt have mattered I dont think because they got rid of the surviving the ground rule in favor of making a football move. In this case going to the ground was his football move

FibEYRVWQAQLs5w?format=jpg&name=4096x409

His hand in on the back of the ball.  Most of this ball is on the ground

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The refs were AWFUL!  This call, the multiple missed penalties on the kick return, the missed Facemask on Jones as well as PI/illegal contact on the same play that ended a drive..  just so many! I j Unlike your Bills the Pats are not good enough to overcome extremely bad refs!  The refs been getting worse every year.

But... Like other posters said... You have ZERO right to complain.  OR, at least take a #:

"...Looks like I'm next..."  NOT!

Finally coming around, refs are still bad with Bills... But they are getting help with finally the calls going against the Cheatriots! I will take it! 😏 

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

BUT... The call on field was TD. I'd agree with you if it was the other way around.

He even said, his hand caused it to move. 

9 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Belicheat? Boy that guy is in your head.  Josh Allen has been pretty spotty with his play for some time now.  I expect the Bills to win but it won’t be easy.. especially if Allen throws to the other team a few times.

Why because I called him out on his past discretions? It's a fact that he's a cheater, it's been proven with announcements, fines & loss of draft picks that have been levied against the team for doing so. He's not in my head, never has been, I just call them as I see them. One more thing...Josh has owned him & that team as of late.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But... Like other posters said... You have ZERO right to complain.  OR, at least take a #:

"...Looks like I'm next..."  NOT!

Finally coming around, refs are still bad with Bills... But they are getting help with finally the calls going against the Cheatriots! I will take it! 😏 

BUT... The call on field was TD. I'd agree with you if it was the other way around.

He even said, his hand caused it to move. 

I hear you, but I’m not talking about the other team getting calls just how many the refs missed! Hell they missed an obvious false start by the Pats near the end.. it’s just scary how much they missed?! Do they need glasses. Lol

Patriots were the better team last night and should have won if not for rare miscue of running into the kicker and some other questionable calls and non calls. And now they are going to be angry and refocused heading into a big matchup against the Bills next week so this team better be ready because a slow start in this one could spell disaster.

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh it could have been worse! Jones made it a game late… and I won’t lie when I saw that ball hit Jackson I thought they were going take the lead and make an improbable comeback.  My point was just that while the Bills didn’t punt the Pats were within a whisker of actually taking the lead and GOD knows how that effects the Bills team.. 

Again the playoff game it looked like the Bills were playing offense on rookie mode in Madden lol. 

To be fair in that playoff game, if Hyde doesn't pick off that certain TD to Agholor the game might been different.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

To be fair in that playoff game, if Hyde doesn't pick off that certain TD to Agholor the game might been different.

That was an amazing play! I still say 99 times out of 100 or any other safety l.. it’s a TD! I gave him props for that play.. Mac IMO threw a damn good ball there and he made a spectacular D play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.