So how good has Allen been?

78thealltimegreat

Josh is the main reason we have won 8 games. He is also the main reason for 2 of the 3 losses. There is still an element of "the Josh Allen experience" about it, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone. 

Get him 100% healthy in time for the playoffs and we will have a shot in any game, anywhere.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How many did Mahomes have in his first 5 years as a starter 🤔 I’m a huge Josh fan but don’t like stats that are misleading. Josh will end up with the record but if it was changed to first 5 seasons as a full time starter, without looking, I’m sure it’s Mahomes by a landslide 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

How many did Mahomes have in his first 5 years as a starter 🤔 I’m a huge Josh fan but don’t like stats that are misleading. Josh will end up with the record but if it was changed to first 5 seasons as a full time starter, without looking, I’m sure it’s Mahomes by a landslide 

You can appreciate Mahomes being a great QB while still appreciating your own QB

When it’s all said and done, Josh Allen is going to be the best QB the Buffalo Bills have ever had and a first ballot Hall of Famer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Is it Josh's fault, or anyone else's for that matter, that Mahomes didn't play in his 1st 15 games? The record is for their 1st 5 years in the league, not as a starter. That would be a totally different record, such as the best 5 year span of their career.

• Like (+1) 1

We live and die with Josh Allen, and there isn't a quarterback on the planet I'd rather have than # 17. 

It's a wonderful feeling knowing that when we need a game winning drive, doesn't matter who we're playing, that we ALWAYS have a chance with him under center.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Being that Allen started from his second game and Mahomes got to sit for a year you’re comparing apples to oranges here as Mahomes had by far superior talent from the get go to play with. Unless you’re the only person on this planet that thinks Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin are on the same planet as Hill and Kelce 

37 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Being that Allen started from his second game and Mahomes got to sit for a year you’re comparing apples to oranges here as Mahomes had by far superior talent from the get go to play with. Unless you’re the only person on this planet that thinks Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin are on the same planet as Hill and Kelce 

Everyone in the record books had different levels of teammate talent. My point is that FIRST X AMOUNT OF GAMES STARTED is the better measuring stick for a record like this. Or else you can say things like Zach Wilson ranked waaaay higher than Aaron Rodgers on most TDs in first 2 seasons. Allen has plenty of legit records but to me this isn’t one. Just my imo.

Yes Josh is awesome, and likely will go down as the best Bill of all time. 

But when it comes to total touchdowns, Josh’s running is in addition to. Not in place of. 

It feels disingenuous to try and compete with a record set by Marino, one of the greatest pure passers of all time, by adding in rushing TD’s in a different era of football all together. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.