Cook or Singletary?

ngbills

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

We’ll find out next year, no matter what. 

Simgletary likely won’t be back with this team as a back up, or a starter, due to the financial restraints this team will make.

You can post a video that shows Cook making a good cut. There are 100 more for Singletary doing the same. 

The photo you posted re: Singletary was heavily discussed and questioned the accuracy due to it being a still shot and lack of EZ angle.

You can pick and choose videos, photos and statistics all you want to support your claim. When it comes down to it, THIS YEAR, it isn’t even close who is the more reliable and appropriate option for this team to lean on. 

Again, Singletary has years as a proven rusher, receiver and pass protector. Cool is a pipe dream for the future that I fear Beane reached on. 

We can disagree, that is fine. I never said he was the truth a RB, or an all pro, or even a pro bowler. But I guarantee you in NFL circles he garners a ton of respect from players and coaches for his abilities and results on the field. 

I'm not picking and choosing statistics,  i posted his athletic profile in comparison to the league by percentile lol.

Advanced stats have been posted on the past showing he's a negative runner, less yards than expected. 

You keep saying Singletary is proven... proven what? Career best year 870 yards rushing on the most explosive offense in the league that affords him ask the opportunity in the world? Any average RB would be cranking 1k plus at will on this team. They face an average of 6 defenders in the box, he's got light boxes all day. 

For sure we can disagree. Im totally comfortable at the fact so many love Singletary just because he's a Bill and tries hard. And we can disagree on certain things, but not indisputable facts such as his athletic profile, bottom of the league.

Edited by ArtVandalay

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'm not picking and choosing statistics,  i posted his athletic profile in comparison to the league by percentile lol.

Advanced stats have been posted on the past showing he's a negative runner, less yards than expected. 

You keep saying Singletary is proven... proven what? Career best year 870 yards rushing on the most explosive offense in the league that affords him ask the opportunity in the world? Any average RB would be cranking 1k plus at will on this team. They face an average of 6 defenders in the box, he's got light boxes all day. 

For sure we can disagree. Im totally comfortable at the fact so many love Singletary just because he's a Bill and tries hard. And we can disagree on certain things, but not indisputable facts such as his athletic profile, bottom of the league.

Re:bolded - I meant the clip of Cook reading a block, single clip. 

You can’t qualify his ability by if he rushed for 1000 yards…as he does not see a similar work load to other top RBs. 

Look at last years statistics: 188 carries for 870 yards.

The fewest number of carries a 1k rusher saw was 228.

Given he ran last year averaging 4.6 ypc, an additional 40 carries (+184 yards) last year would have put him around 1054 yards. 

That’s right on par with:

Derrick Henry 207 carries for 937 yards

Zeke Elliot - 237 carries for 1002 yards

Antonio Gibson - 258 carries 1057 yards 

I am not suggesting he is any of those backs. I am supporting my point that his production is effected by his usage, and you cannot dismiss him as being unproven because he hasn’t reach some arbitrary statistical landmark. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is nothing about Cook's potential but what and who is helping us now. I hear how Cook needs more touches, Cook has elite speed, Cook has receiver like ability. I dont see any of that yet. Drops, bad routes, bad reads on runs, slow side to side.

The offense seems most efficient when Singletary is getting involved. Lets stop experimenting with Cook if he is not ready for primetime. Go with Singletary and Hines. Singletary had been solid when he is not forgotten by Dorsey. Bring Cook in once we have a big lead. But the on and off the field with these guys seems to create stalls in the O. 

I actually surprisingly agree here. Cook has been too inconsistent and played poorly today. Wierd angles and routes. I wish Motor had Cook's speed but for now he's our true RB1.  Start mixing in more plays for Hines. This is getting ridiculous. 

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

That’s on McDermott. Hines is a polished professional and was ready to go immediately. But McD doesn’t play it that way with noobs on his team. Hines will get there. He’s a great addition to the team. Just watch.

The more he learns the play book the more we are likely to see him on the field making plays !! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is nothing about Cook's potential but what and who is helping us now. I hear how Cook needs more touches, Cook has elite speed, Cook has receiver like ability. I dont see any of that yet. Drops, bad routes, bad reads on runs, slow side to side.

The offense seems most efficient when Singletary is getting involved. Lets stop experimenting with Cook if he is not ready for primetime. Go with Singletary and Hines. Singletary had been solid when he is not forgotten by Dorsey. Bring Cook in once we have a big lead. But the on and off the field with these guys seems to create stalls in the O. 

Definitely Motor. He's been getting about 70% snaps lately and he deserves it. Cook/Hines are a nice change of pace to motors running style. 

3rd and 1 from the Lions 47 with 4:16 left in the first.

Shotgun snap, draw to Singletary. We have 7 to block 8. Unblocked DT #96 taken out of the play by an immediate jump cut by Motor and he puts his foot in the ground and plows ahead for the first down. 

Nothing revolutionary, extravogent or ultra impressive. Just a reliable RB1 who can get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.