I'm out on Romo

Dan Darragh

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You realize Romo calls the game for people across the country right, not just Bills fans?  

Not everyone knows Josh is banged up, to what degree, that it could be impacting his play, etc.  And everyone is getting the perspective from a former QB who has actually also had the same injury.  

Very true.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You realize Romo calls the game for people across the country right, not just Bills fans?  

Not everyone knows Josh is banged up, to what degree, that it could be impacting his play, etc.  And everyone is getting the perspective from a former QB who has actually also had the same injury.  

Imo, when Romo calls Bills games, he should basically be talking about the Bills with the nuance we see on TBD. Talking about how Reggie Gilliam has gone from seeing 21 snaps a game to 22.  This is a normal expectation. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It almost seemed like Romo was intentionally trolling at times especially with the ridiculous comment about Dane Jackson being a budding superstar.

The sad thing is Frazier and McD might actually believe that because there's no reason he should still be on the field at this point and is the worst player on this defense.

I thought he was alright when he first started out. It was neat to see him basically predict what offenses were gonna run in certain situations. 

Beyond that tho, his tendency to overexaggerate mundane things gets pretty irritating. I dunno if his ADHD kicks in or what but he gets a little hyperactive and emphasizes on everything. But most of the talking heads are like that. They're all directed to emphasize and create drama, excitement, spectacle, blah blah blah. It just gets so friggin' old after hearing it for so many years. Mute!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought he was awful today & I thought he was great in his first year as an announcer.

He started a little quirky, but he brought so much insight it was refreshing. Now he's jist a dumbed down, awkward version of what he once was. Not really a fan

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Estro said:

I thought he was awful today & I thought he was great in his first year as an announcer.

He started a little quirky, but he brought so much insight it was refreshing. Now he's jist a dumbed down, awkward version of what he once was. Not really a fan

It feels like they molded him into every other analyst so what made him interesting early on has disappeared and he's just kind of annoying like most announcers now. You'd think the success of the manningcast would get these networks to start trying something new. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't unearth the thread to pile on the guy. I remembered seeing this thread and was like ok, lets really tune in on him. It was awkward listening to him. Weird Madden like sounds, tailing dialogue, long pauses. Very little value added. I'm really curious if CBS is seeing it this way or if they're getting negative feedback. I have no horse in the announcer race. This has just been a pretty drastic decline.  

15 minutes ago, Malazan said:

It feels like they molded him into every other analyst so what made him interesting early on has disappeared and he's just kind of annoying like most announcers now. You'd think the success of the manningcast would get these networks to start trying something new. 

I always found Romo annoying but was able to look past it due to the insight he brought. 

Manningcast is a novelty for me. I'll tune in if I don't care about the game, it can be amusing but I have no doubt I'll grow tired of it. The celebrities can be entertaining - as long as they don't comment on the game action. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

I'm really curious if CBS is seeing it this way or if they're getting negative feedback. I have no horse in the announcer race. This has just been a pretty drastic decline.  

No they do not. Romo is part their top announcing team and will be for the next decade. Romo will announce multiple Superbowls. This is not a Trevor Noah situation.

1 minute ago, DrDare said:

No they do not. Romo is part their top announcing team and will be for the next decade. Romo will announce multiple Superbowls. This is not a Trevor Noah situation.

Ya, but don't you think when they invested in a different guy than the one we are seeing right now?

3 minutes ago, DrDare said:

hr has also positive general population views vs a relatively small group of those who dislike him.

I've noticed he raves about QBs wayyy too much.

Between Mike White, and Kenny Pickett it is unbearable. Not every QB is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. And that's just our games I recall offhand. Other non bills games he has done the same, I just can't recall which ones.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.