I'm out on Romo

Dan Darragh

On 11/24/2022 at 7:14 PM, KHAN said:

Loved what he brought when he first started doing games. But I agree, he seems lazy now, and is just using a bunch of cliches. It doesn't seem like the prep is there anymore.

His penchent for babbling on during a play drives me nuts. Nance's job is the play by play. Get prepared and shut up are two things he needs to work on immediately

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/25/2022 at 2:07 AM, Dan Darragh said:

Until now I've enjoyed Romo's commentary and his insights into the game.

Today I thought he talked too much about nonsense and was poorly prepared.  I'm done with him.

I guess it's not just me...

https://nypost.com/2023/02/02/cbs-execs-tried-intervention-to-address-tony-romos-slippage-in-booth/

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know... I guess we're all supposed to not like Romo now but I think the reason we (Bills fans) don't is simple: Romo plays up the emotional parts of a game, and that "OH NO JIM!" or "this could be it right here...." while we're watching our season circle the drain makes us angry at Romo, even though he's just playing up the drama.

Before the Bills were really good it was just fun to listen to him draw out another fanbase's misery. 

Also, every fanbase seems convinced that he is rooting for the other team's QB during the game. 

I like his work, because he is something different. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.