I'm out on Romo

Dan Darragh

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

The commentators didn't even notice that Dawkins was out of the game.  With the limited view of personnel that we get on TV, I immediately saw that Quess was in the game and figured out that Dawkins was down.  I'm saying "Where's my left tackle?" but Tony is yammering about nonsense.  Took them about 10 minutes to realize that our all-star LT was out of the game.  Not that it's important or anything.

Also when he said Dane had had a couple of bad games but he couldn't remember who we'd played.  

Nantz mentioned it at the beginning of the 2nd half then Tracy Wolfson later on gave us an injury update on him 

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have been out for a while. He was interesting early on when he wad tipping plays. You were getting a sense of what a QB is seeing and thinking before the ball is snapped. CBS bizarrely decided he should stop doing that and without it he is a rambling, overly excited, talk too much color guy. 

There was another game he did recently where the ref was announcing a call and Romo talked right through it.  Usually they pause so the viewers can hear but he just kept rambling.

• Like (+1) 1

He's bought into his own hype and it kind of ruined him IMO. Lot of babble at this point, lot of repetition..........

27 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

He also called Mike Love by number only and had no idea who he was. Plus that Dane Jackson budding superstar nonsense. I am sure that there were lot of other things as well.

I tend not to get annoyed by any commentators, so I don't mind him. I just think it is very unprofessional to be unprepared. I know I know nothing about players on other teams, but I am not being paid millions for that. He's just not prepared as he should be (he isn't the only one ofc).

That really took me back to the bad old days when we got one primetime game a year if LUCKY and NO ONE knew our roster. And they would just....say things.

• Agree 1

I am normally okay with Romo, but he was annoying to me yesterday.    Most of the time making random comments and could not seem to hide that he wanted the Lions to pull off the holiday upset.     Even after yesterday, I would still take ten games with Romo over one with Collinsworth.  

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Until now I've enjoyed Romo's commentary and his insights into the game.

Today I thought he talked too much about nonsense and was poorly prepared.  I'm done with him.

I thought his observation about Allen’s elbow causing him issues was really interesting

13 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Today I thought he talked too much about nonsense and was poorly prepared.  I'm done with him.

I think I saw on Romos board that he’s done w Dan Darragh, so it’s mutual

8 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

The commentators didn't even notice that Dawkins was out of the game.  With the limited view of personnel that we get on TV, I immediately saw that Quess was in the game and figured out that Dawkins was down.  I'm saying "Where's my left tackle?

That I was surprised about. I too saw he was out and wondered WTH happened. But let's face it, that's pretty rare they miss it, especially since injuries are typically obvious.

I'm glad I like Romo and can even stand Collinsworth 😁. I wouldn't want to be bitching and complaining while watching a Bills game ha ha. Sound off? Nope, I want to hear the CROWD, grunts, hits, whistles, etc. 

As for the Dane Jackson comment, he did also mention that he had a horrible game against the Brown, and had to point out he was having another real bad one. But it's true that before those two AWFUL outings, Dane had been taking all the snaps, and had been the better CB, a pleasant surprise. People forget quick.

Edited by Jerome007

14 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

So you liked him for several years now then one game he didn’t do the commentary to your liking and you’re done with him?  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

Romo does a great job breaking down late-half clock situations. He rightfully blasted the Lions' end of half clock management at the end of the 1st half. I also think he does a terrific job of explaining two-minute situations and what you want to do, essentially putting you inside his head on what he thinks when he's on the field. 

Too many analysts don't have a clue what to do with the clock. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you don’t like facts?  

Sure, if they are interesting. Not spilled grivel all game. Put it this way, if you didn't already know that Josh was "banged up" you have been living under a rock. Give us some interesting play calling. The best way to watch football is without the announcers and just the crowd sound via the twitter feed. Best technology ever created!

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Sure, if they are interesting. Not spilled grivel all game. Put it this way, if you didn't already know that Josh was "banged up" you have been living under a rock. Give us some interesting play calling. The best way to watch football is without the announcers and just the crowd sound via the twitter feed. Best technology ever created!

You realize Romo calls the game for people across the country right, not just Bills fans?  

Not everyone knows Josh is banged up, to what degree, that it could be impacting his play, etc.  And everyone is getting the perspective from a former QB who has actually also had the same injury.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.