I'm out on Romo

Dan Darragh

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Is this your first time listening to any type of sporting event?!?!?!

Beth Mowan

Leah Hextall

Jack Edwards

Look those 3 up and listen to them for 10 minutes. You will want to pierce your eardrums

Ok maybe I exaggerated a wee bit. But he stinks.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The commentators didn't even notice that Dawkins was out of the game.  With the limited view of personnel that we get on TV, I immediately saw that Quess was in the game and figured out that Dawkins was down.  I'm saying "Where's my left tackle?" but Tony is yammering about nonsense.  Took them about 10 minutes to realize that our all-star LT was out of the game.  Not that it's important or anything.

Also when he said Dane had had a couple of bad games but he couldn't remember who we'd played.  

• Agree 1

From The Athletic:

"Allen was way off and completed just 6 of 15 passes for 54 yards and an interception, and it seemed like each time Allen misfired, CBS analyst Tony Romo would pelt viewers with his belief that the elbow injury was playing a role. If a fan took a shot every time Romo said it, well, let’s just say there might not have been many memories of Thanksgiving dinner."

https://theathletic.com/3933575/2022/11/24/bills-lions-thanksgiving/

• Haha (+1) 1

I have never liked Tony Romo. He talks too much.  He also has to tell us what they're gonna do next in between plays and is wrong probably 60% of the time at least.

We had it turned down kindof low so I couldn't really hear all that much and I had him tuned out.  I did hear "13 seconds" several times. I tune out most announcers.  With the down and distance and clock on the screen all the time I really don't need them to tell me anything, so I don't listen.

When Tommy starts doing games I will mute and listen to rock'n roll instead

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

The commentators didn't even notice that Dawkins was out of the game.  With the limited view of personnel that we get on TV, I immediately saw that Quess was in the game and figured out that Dawkins was down.  I'm saying "Where's my left tackle?" but Tony is yammering about nonsense.  Took them about 10 minutes to realize that our all-star LT was out of the game.  Not that it's important or anything.

Also when he said Dane had had a couple of bad games but he couldn't remember who we'd played.  

I don't know what team you've been watching, but we don't have an all-star LT. Him and Morse are our 2 best OL, but he's not even close to an all-star. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Until now I've enjoyed Romo's commentary and his insights into the game.

Today I thought he talked too much about nonsense and was poorly prepared.  I'm done with him.

I guess you don’t have more important things to worry about than to “be done” with a n NFL analyst.  We’re analyzing analysts now.

he was pretty amped up for the lions and I believe was hoping they would pull it off. I was real glad his wishes didn't come true.

detroit has a good thing going with campbell and they played tough. I remember a time when the bills would not of won a close game like this. it was great to be on the winning side and gave me another thing to be thankful for yesterday.

GO BILLS!!!

4 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Or that White wasn't in the entire second half. Romo made some rambly point at the start about White "being on a pitch count but starting" then they never mentioned it again. Tony was too busy telling us Dan Campbell is aggressive and Dane Jackson is a couple of years away from being really good. 

I'd have got as much insight if I'd let my neighbours dog do the color commentary.

• Like (+1) 1

I took a walk during the first half and listened to the WGR feed and really appreciated Eric Wood. He corrected Murph’s constant errors, updated personnel and injuries, and immediately broke down each play, telling why it did/did not work. No hyperbole, just info. 

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

He also called Mike Love by number only and had no idea who he was. Plus that Dane Jackson budding superstar nonsense. I am sure that there were lot of other things as well.

I tend not to get annoyed by any commentators, so I don't mind him. I just think it is very unprofessional to be unprepared. I know I know nothing about players on other teams, but I am not being paid millions for that. He's just not prepared as he should be (he isn't the only one ofc).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.