Getting sick of "Last year was our year."

The Red King

Don’t say that, don’t ever say that. Bills Fans never say die.

Don't you realize? The next time you see the Superbowl, it'll be with another town. The next time you take in a playoff game, it'll be in some other stadium.

Our ownership, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time.

Their time! Up there!

Down here, it's our time.

It's our time down here.

That's all over the second we watch Mahomes take the field in OT..

Mahomes has blown the last 5 years. 2018 chokes vs Brady. 2019 nearly choked vs 49ers finally won. 2020 choked vs Brady. 2021 choked vs Burrow. Mahomes has blown Tyreek Hill, and now has a tight end near the end Travis Kelce age 33, and a bunch of players who have never done anything in big moments. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m sick of people making excuses and not admitting that last year was the closest we’ve had a shot to win a SB in at least 20+ years 

The loss in KC was painful, 13 seconds, we would have beat Cincinnati, etc  But what you say here  is FALSE. 

Last year we lost in the Divisional playoffs.  In 2019 we lost in the Conference playoffs.  We wnet further in 2019.   It is a FACT that we were closer to the SB in 2019 than we were in 2020.  This should not even be a debate but for the emotion of having KC on the ropes and then blowing it.  

The excuses are made by fans who just assume we would have beat Cincinnati and then the Rams.  We will never know that. The only FACT out there, the only thing written in the history books, shows that we made it further in 2019 than we did in 2020.  

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m sick of people making excuses and not admitting that last year was the closest we’ve had a shot to win a SB in at least 20+ years 

Honest question. Why does that matter?

What is the benefit of constantly bringing up a past failure, or even worse, assuming it will never get better?

That, to me, just seems like a loser mentality.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

The loss in KC was painful, 13 seconds, we would have beat Cincinnati, etc  But what you say here  is FALSE. 

Last year we lost in the Divisional playoffs.  In 2019 we lost in the Conference playoffs.  We wnet further in 2019.   It is a FACT that we were closer to the SB in 2019 than we were in 2020.  This should not even be a debate but for the emotion of having KC on the ropes and then blowing it.  

The excuses are made by fans who just assume we would have beat Cincinnati and then the Rams.  We will never know that. The only FACT out there, the only thing written in the history books, shows that we made it further in 2019 than we did in 2020.  

I was actually just joking about everything. But regardless what the record books say. The 2021 team was definitely closer to winning a SB than the 2020 team despite how much farther we made it. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

What is the benefit of constantly bringing up a past failure, or even worse, assuming it will never get better?

Hit the nail on the head. 

Easy to tell who is successful in real life and who isn't on this board. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

I wasn’t bringing up failure. Or assuming it will never get better. I was simply stating that it was the closest we’ve been in 20+ years. Maybe since SB25. Despite being a full game away. 

last years team was just incredible on paper. We definitely suffered with White being out. 

Coaching cost 17 his first ring last year, I’ll go to my grave believing that but it’s in the rear view mirror at this point.

That being said, if this staff has a another obvious post season gaffe costing us another ring…. I’ll personally being handing out the torches.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

You can't move forward by looking in the rearview mirror.

For all those who do and want to wallow in it, that's their business.

I for one don't care what they say.

We're on to New England.

• Like (+1) 1

We have to get fully healthy and peak around playoff time. Allen and Dorsey need to figure out their games. Davis, McKenzie, Cook and Knox need to step it up a notch.  The defense needs to get healthy and we need Von for the stretch run.  However we get in, we can run the table if we are at full strength.  Adding OBJ would be a huge boost right now, but this team can make it if they get over this hump of injuries and have a full roster come January.  

When Mike Love and Van Rotten are getting crucial snaps, we ain't right.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Thank you.  This is exactly what I was trying to say in my OP, except you said it more elegantly then I did.

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

So I’m just supposed to pretend like last year didn’t happen and everything is going to be fine? No. It was such a colossal wasted opportunity where the team was mostly healthy and only had to beat the Bengals and Rams. Did you watch the Super Bowl? That game was a joke. 

No.  But what good does bringing it up do?  It's done.  It's over.  There is absolutely nothing constructive in bringing it up every single time the Bills suffer a setback.

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

You mean we were closer in 2020 than in 2021. We lost to Houston in the Wild Card in 2019

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Mahomes has blown the last 5 years. 2018 chokes vs Brady. 2019 nearly choked vs 49ers finally won. 2020 choked vs Brady. 2021 choked vs Burrow. Mahomes has blown Tyreek Hill, and now has a tight end near the end Travis Kelce age 33, and a bunch of players who have never done anything in big moments. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o66l7jytpuyt69xipq

7 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Don’t say that, don’t ever say that. Bills Fans never say die.

Don't you realize? The next time you see the Superbowl, it'll be with another town. The next time you take in a playoff game, it'll be in some other stadium.

Our ownership, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time.

Their time! Up there!

Down here, it's our time.

It's our time down here.

That's all over the second we watch Mahomes take the field in OT..

All good, but it could be a "Rocky Road".😉

images.jpeg-2.jpg.cbd83559a70db094d28ff88aef091d00.jpg

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.