The last throw to Diggs

Simon

23 hours ago, njbuff said:

EJ Manuel

Yes .  EJ has shown he can 

the ball with good velocity  .   Only issue is that the ball may not end up in the right zip code .  

On 11/24/2022 at 7:10 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

According to some of the morons on this board?

Tuel

Orton

Leinart  

Shady when they ran the wildcat

and of course the GOAT

Nathan Peterman  

yes .  I recall reading how Peterman had significantly increased his arm strength while with Bills and that he could throw as hard as Deshaun Watson 

51 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

yes .  I recall reading how Peterman had significantly increased his arm strength while with Bills and that he could throw as hard as Deshaun Watson 

But I bet he doesn't have the skills Watson has when it comes to getting massages from random women.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, Buddo said:

For anyone who doesn't think that was a special throw and catch, watch McDermott in the Locker Room, giving Allen and Diggs, game balls pretty much for that one play.

There isn't anyone playing in the NFL today, who would have made that throw. Without the velocity that Allen can put on the football, that simply doesn't get there in time. 45 to 50 yards, and it still hit Diggs hard.

I'm with Beast on this one, I think only Elway and Favre had enough juice to make it, out of the QBs I've been able to watch, and tbh, I think the only one of them who would have gone for it, was Favre.

If Josh is not injured, that throw would have been there like a laser even a second earlier.  You can see in the video that he is using the arm to make that throw and not his shoulder.  He definitely is not 100%

Watching this vid all I can see is how much longer it takes Favre's ball to get home than it does Allen's.

Favre was rightfully considered to have a big arm but the difference in velocity between his throw and Allen's is stunning.

On 11/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, Beast said:

Remember that throw he made to win a game for the Vikings on the end line in the endzone from about 40 years out?

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Marino and Elway. I don’t think Elway gets  enough credit. The guy had wheels along with a cannon for an arm. If he played with the rules we have today, he would be top 3 right now. With Mahomes and Josh. 

Elway had an absolute bazooka of an arm and i agree he played in the wrong era  

On 11/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, Beast said:

I don’t want to start a new thread on this topic but this being an Allen thread, I’d like to throw this idea out there…

I think we can all see Josh is struggling a little bit. But what I have witnessed, even during this stretch of blah play, is that Allen looks as good as ever when he’s up against the clock.

Maybe a semi-hurry up offense should be in order? Could that bring his and the offenses play in general out of this funk?

I’d give it a shot because I personally think it would work. A sense of urgency and they all look a bit better.

This is how the 90s Bills were born.  We saw how effective we were in the 89 playoff loss to Cleveland and decided to give that a shot full time (or close to it). 

On 11/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, Beast said:

Remember people saying that the BIlls should have held last year (13 seconds)?

Should the Lions have taken a 15 yard penalty and head hunted Diggs? Or held themselves coming off the line?

In hindsight, yes, although that was hardly their most egregious coaching issue. 

Just a couple of things I noticed on that throw:

1. The CB in trail position is Mike Hughes, ex Viking and Chief CB who got his ankles broken by Gabe Davis in KC playoff game.  Must have Josh PTSD!
  2. The Lions rookie S Kerby Joseph was the near S and was 1/100th of a second late trying to break up that pass.  Pretty sure he's never seen a pass like that down the seam and probably thought he had a good shot at the pick.  Now he knows!
Edited by freddyjj

On 11/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, BillsFanSD said:

I loved being on the winning end of this sort of thing.  

Honestly, I think Josh Allen has officially passed Thurman for my favorite Bill of all time.  So much fun to watch.

Agree... and that's a tough one for me. I became a Bills fan because of Thurman (when he was drafted from my alma mater, Oklahoma State). 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:41 AM, RyanC883 said:

Another aspect here: what other WRs besides Diggs catch that?  Amazing throw and catch!  

I mean, there are plenty, honestly. Jefferson, Hopkins, Kelce, Adams, etc are all capable of making that catch. They've all had big catches in big moments like that, including some against the Bills.

But absolutely it was a great route and a great catch and a great competitive play from Diggs. I think the moment of it was the most impressive thing. Diggs has had more impressive catches than that with the Bills. Plenty more. But what sets this one apart is how NEEDED it was at the time. Big time players show up in those big time moments.

Okay, I am going to bump this thread because of update from last night (and I dont like starting threads unless its truly something new)

That TD to Davis was something to behold. Allen was scrambling to the right, with a defender on his tail. He kept his eyes downfield at all times, recognizes that the Pats** defenders have given up on the play, launches himself in the air before his feet land OOB and throws, WHILE IN THE AIR, to his left where only Davis can catch the ball. Touchdown and imo, sucked any remaining motivation out of the Pats** Defense.

Allen is other wordly and I sometimes think he literally is (alien who came to earth cos all the TV broadcasts that got to his planet made him want to rule the NFL) 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Okay, I am going to bump this thread because of update from last night (and I dont like starting threads unless its truly something new)

That TD to Diggs was something to behold. Allen was scrambling to the right, with a defender on his tail. He kept his eyes downfield at all times, recognizes that the Pats** defenders have given up on the play, launches himself in the air before his feet land OOB and throws, WHILE IN THE AIR, to his left where only Diggs can catch the ball. Touchdown and imo, sucked any remaining motivation out of the Pats** Defense.

Allen is other wordly and I sometimes think he literally is (alien who came to earth cos all the TV broadcasts that got to his planet made him want to rule the NFL) 

It was a Gabe Davis TD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.