The last throw to Diggs

Simon

14 hours ago, NUT said:

Mahomes is more like Rodgers, incredible arm talent. Allen is more like Elway, incredible arm power.

Mahomes arm strength is pretty close to Josh’s.  They were even flirting with a throw off to see who could throw it further.  

So I’d leave Mahomes on this list too.  If Allen wasn’t in the league, Mahomes would have the strongest Arm in the NFL right now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That throw was brilliant, but to me, the credit has to be split equally between Josh and Steph.  
45 yards on a strait line like a missile (wow!) and Diggs, running and cutting who had to have laser-like concentration to snag that speeding bullet with defenders converging, still gain a couple extra yards, and then quickly have the presence of mind to immediately signal for a timeout!  
Quite the tandem!

• Like (+1) 4

One thing I've noticed these past 4 or 5 weeks is how good the bills have been in the 2 min drill. Despite how bad they looked yesterday, they went right down the field at the end of the 1st half and also the very end of the game to win. Thinking they should just run the 2 min drill all game 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

One of the best I have ever seen. 

Besides the actual beauty of the throw, it was very significant as it won us the game before we go into a divisional stretch of games. 

The thing I am wondering is, how did he make that accurate throw with a painful elbow? Must have hurt like a moth********

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

I didn't have sound but apparently Romo said that only about 5 guys in the history of the NFL could make that throw.

Who are they?

John Elway

Aaron Rodgers

Dan Marino

Steve Young

maybe Michael Vick?

For an in-game throw with pads on, bodies swirling around you, and a hurt elbow to boot, 59 mph is utterly blazing. Especially after you’ve already thrown it 41 times already and otherwise taken a physical beating.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mahomes arm strength is pretty close to Josh’s.  They were even flirting with a throw off to see who could throw it further.  

So I’d leave Mahomes on this list too.  If Allen wasn’t in the league, Mahomes would have the strongest Arm in the NFL right now.  

Mahomes really ain’t that close although to be sure he has a GREAT arm and can make all of the throws. He is great. No on in league history was able to match Allen in velocity until Malik Willis came along. Allen shattered the Senior bowl record for velocity with 66.1 mph and has been measured at 74 mph in a different setting also. Malik Willis truly has a cannon, though: https://theathletic.com/3116058/2022/02/08/high-upside-traits-is-atlanta-native-malik-willis-the-perfect-pick-for-the-falcons-or-too-risky/

Edited by dave mcbride

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

For an in-game throw with pads on and bodies swirling around you, 59 mph is utterly blazing. Especially after you’ve already thrown it 41 times already and otherwise taken a physical beating.

Mahomes really ain’t that close. No on in league history was until Malik Willis came along. Allen shattered the Senior bowl record for velocity with 66.1 mph and has been measured at 74 mph in a different setting also. Malik Willis truly has a cannon, though: https://theathletic.com/3116058/2022/02/08/high-upside-traits-is-atlanta-native-malik-willis-the-perfect-pick-for-the-falcons-or-too-risky/

74 mph omfg that is insane. Amazing even w controlled throw for max speed only.

i thought human max was low 60's. cool.

27 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

That throw was brilliant, but to me, the credit has to be split equally between Josh and Steph.  
45 yards on a strait line like a missile (wow!) and Diggs, running and cutting who had to have laser-like concentration to snag that speeding bullet with defenders converging, still gain a couple extra yards, and then quickly have the presence of mind to immediately signal for a timeout!  
Quite the tandem!

And, Diggs was a hair short of breaking it for the score. He even spoke about that in his postgame presser.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He’s been off.

Another one today that he tried to throw in the ground and it went right to a linebacker.

That's not what happened. Cook released and was crossing shallow toward a hole in the zone aligned with a gap in the line. Just as Cook was about to arrive at that hole which is where he should have sat done, he stopped and hopped back the other way. It's actually a major credit to Allen that the ball he threw ended up being not interceptable even though Cook made no play at all on it. That'll get picked 80%+ of the time in the NFL but because of how Allen placed the throw toward where Cook's belt should have been and with the over the top angel, the throw managed to turf before that could happen. I was thinking at the time, that seemed lucky but was actually a great instance of "my guy or nobody."

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Apparently Josh didn't make that throw, or even played in the game

That watchband and what it's attached to are going to haunt my fever dreams.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Airseven said:

There’s no way that was the right read. Some of those throws are his magnificent highlights and others of those same (forced) throws are his crippling turnovers.

This is like saying the lights on the Christmas tree are too bright. Way to be a wet blanket. 

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

For an in-game throw with pads on, bodies swirling around you, and a hurt elbow to boot, 59 mph is utterly blazing. Especially after you’ve already thrown it 41 times already and otherwise taken a physical beating.

Mahomes really ain’t that close although to be sure he has a GREAT arm and can make all of the throws. He is great. No on in league history was able to match Allen in velocity until Malik Willis came along. Allen shattered the Senior bowl record for velocity with 66.1 mph and has been measured at 74 mph in a different setting also. Malik Willis truly has a cannon, though: https://theathletic.com/3116058/2022/02/08/high-upside-traits-is-atlanta-native-malik-willis-the-perfect-pick-for-the-falcons-or-too-risky/

Not sure if the math on that tweet is correct, the ball has an arc to it so the actual distance is more then the hashmarks on the field. Accounting for arc puts velo higher. 

• Agree 1

I don’t want to start a new thread on this topic but this being an Allen thread, I’d like to throw this idea out there…

I think we can all see Josh is struggling a little bit. But what I have witnessed, even during this stretch of blah play, is that Allen looks as good as ever when he’s up against the clock.

Maybe a semi-hurry up offense should be in order? Could that bring his and the offenses play in general out of this funk?

I’d give it a shot because I personally think it would work. A sense of urgency and they all look a bit better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

A terrific throw absolutely and if you watch the highlights of the full play, no doubt we all agree it was an incredible catch....Diggs got jarred at the moment of the catch and we have all see those types of hits cause a no catch.  Yet, Diggs being Diggs and Allen being Allen allowed that play to happen and count.

Good stuff for sure.

Edited by IndyMark

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.