The last throw to Diggs

Simon

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

There’s no way that was the right read. Some of those throws are his magnificent highlights and others of those same (forced) throws are his crippling turnovers.

It was the right read because no one on that team but Diggs makes that catch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Marino was the only gunslinger there. Fouts threw long but was schemed open, and Montana was more precision. Very few NFL players could DREAM of making some of the plays Josh makes while he makes them look almost routine. 

Yes, Montana did not have a big arm.  Read something once about Bill Walsh’s obsession with precision. He expected the ball to be placed with the receiver’s hands in a particular location.  In practice Walsh would have them run a play over and over until it was done to his satisfaction.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You couldn’t hold your piss during the game ?

I figured it would be a longer commercial after Lions field goal. Went outside to baste the turkey on the smoker. My father in law doesn’t have DVR so my relatives couldn’t pause the game for me. I got back inside the house and I heard cheering…they all said “Don’t come in here…you’re obviously bad luck”

So I waited in the kitchen and peeked around the corner when Bass kicked the game winner. 

14 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

I didn't have sound but apparently Romo said that only about 5 guys in the history of the NFL could make that throw.

Who are they?

John Elway

Aaron Rodgers

Dan Marino

Steve Young

maybe Michael Vick?

Montana.  I don’t think some of the others mentioned make it.  The awesome thing about Allen is he can do that multiple times a game—clearly the elbow is preventing that for now. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

I didn't have sound but apparently Romo said that only about 5 guys in the history of the NFL could make that throw.

Who are they?

John Elway

Aaron Rodgers

Dan Marino

Steve Young

maybe Michael Vick?

Simon, I agree with the entire list except Vick.  He was accurate, but not that accurate.

13 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

One of the best throws of his career easily…pretty close to if gabe Davis had come down with that final throw against the jets 

I’m still curious how that would work in a game…you’re not allowed to hold to manipulate the clock

you can hold anyone coming off line.

maybe you are confusing when player goes down and players try to lay on them, hold them down, to run clock. And some hit ball out of hands of player as player tries to run to spot it for ref or hand to ref. 

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Dan Fouts, Dan Marino and Joe Montana can make that throw. 

Joe Montana is not even close to elite arm power. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.