The last throw to Diggs

Simon

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

For anyone who doesn't think that was a special throw and catch, watch McDermott in the Locker Room, giving Allen and Diggs, game balls pretty much for that one play.

There isn't anyone playing in the NFL today, who would have made that throw. Without the velocity that Allen can put on the football, that simply doesn't get there in time. 45 to 50 yards, and it still hit Diggs hard.

I'm with Beast on this one, I think only Elway and Favre had enough juice to make it, out of the QBs I've been able to watch, and tbh, I think the only one of them who would have gone for it, was Favre.

Spot on.  I think you’re right about Favre. A lot of guys have tried those throws, and they get picked, but Favre and Allen are cut from the same cloth. They’ll bet on themselves every time.

Hearing Romo gush over Josh like that was sweet. As a “locker room guy”, you know he’s feeling a twinge of his QB pride knowing he could never have made that throw. 

Here’s what I’m thinking.

For a 1/2 century, I’ve watched the NFL.

Let me be generous in saying that when you only have 23 ticks left until OT, EVERY team kneeled it.

Now, with the Allens & Mahomes of the world, only a timeline of less than 10 seconds is virtually safe against going 50-65 yards in that time to win the game!

Today, as Romo has opined, nothing is safe against these magicians!

It’s no longer that you think it’s a remote possibility, rather it’s a logical result! 

An expectation.

Never before.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Here’s what I’m thinking.

For a 1/2 century, I’ve watched the NFL.

Let me be generous in saying that when you only have 23 ticks left until OT, EVERY team kneeled it.

Now, with the Allens & Mahomes of the world, only a timeline of less than 10 seconds is virtually safe against going 50-65 yards in that time to win the game!

Today, as Romo has opined, nothing is safe against these magicians!

It’s no longer that you think it’s a remote possibility, rather it’s a logical result! 

An expectation.

Never before.

It's a good example of why you don't waste your time-outs.  That drive doesn't happen without the ability to use the middle of the field and call TO. I'd rather they get a delay of game penalty and lose 5 yards than burn a time-out in the second half.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not taking anything away from that laser, but as amazing as this throw was, I still think the 70 yd bomb that Davis dropped at the end of the Jets game, 2 plays after spraining his UCL, was even more impressive. Gabe just choked.

Edited by transient
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

I didn't have sound but apparently Romo said that only about 5 guys in the history of the NFL could make that throw.

Who are they?

John Elway

Aaron Rodgers

Dan Marino

Steve Young

maybe Michael Vick?

The throw came right at where I was seated.

It was an absolute missile. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, foreboding said:

If I had to guess who Romo would be thinking of...

in their prime:

Elway

Rodgers

Favre

Marino...

ALLEN.

I think all of these CAN make that throw but only Josh and Favre are crazy enough to try it in that moment. Marino and Rodgers especially risk averse.

Edited by Best Williams Available

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

There’s no way that was the right read. Some of those throws are his magnificent highlights and others of those same (forced) throws are his crippling turnovers.

He’s been off.

Another one today that he tried to throw in the ground and it went right to a linebacker.

But that throw to McKenzie across the field was a beauty. 

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Because yeah, this needs its own thread.

That was a AAAA rip; Arm, Accuracy, Anticipation, Arrogance

I didn't have sound but apparently Romo said that only about 5 guys in the history of the NFL could make that throw.

Who are they?

John Elway

Aaron Rodgers

Dan Marino

Steve Young

maybe Michael Vick?

That’s about right, I’d also throw in Brett Favre and Patrick Mahomes in that list. Not many others. What an incredible throw! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.