Very disturbing to see how many fans have turned against Allen.

BuffaloBills1998

Josh's elbow obviously isn't quite right (I think Romo said it best yesterday). Which is playing with his accuracy and sometimes limiting his strength.  In addition, Josh seems to have some  recent self confidence issues after making some bad mistakes. Finally, opposing teams are really studying ways to try and limit him and Dorsey has not been throwing any new wrinkles into the offensive game plan.  I think Josh is going to be fine once the elbow heals and his self belief will back 100%. We need that gunslinger mentality back before the playoffs! Also Dorsey has got to throw in some new plays in the game plan as this offense has grown a little stale. 

40 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

You have 70 posts and I think every one of them has been either bashing Josh or defending bashing Josh. There are limits.

Some people like to use the “all opinions should be valued card”.

Some other people realize that that is often used as an excuse for trolling behavior. I’m not talking about anyone in particular, but it’s pretty obvious when you see it. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Josh's elbow obviously isn't quite right (I think Romo said it best yesterday). Which is playing with his accuracy and sometimes limiting his strength.  In addition, Josh seems to have some  recent self confidence issues after making some bad mistakes. Finally, opposing teams are really studying ways to try and limit him and Dorsey has not been throwing any new wrinkles into the offensive game plan.  I think Josh is going to be fine once the elbow heals and his self belief will back 100%. We need that gunslinger mentality back before the playoffs! Also Dorsey has got to throw in some new plays in the game plan as this offense has grown a little stale. 

This could just be me, but it feels like even prior to the injury Josh was, for lack of a better term “flicking” the ball and throwing off platform more than in the past. Is that just me? His motion seems just a bit different at times. (If you want to call me crazy, this should not be near the top of the list of reasons why.) 

10 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

For sure, but as fans, you should be able to call out the bad without being crucified. 

I mean... i suppose? Allen isnt perfect, but its pretty evident whats good and whats not. When you do call out the bad, its then often to your detriment and peril bc it just comes off as being a bit of a tool. Im not saying that to you but generally its the person who just kinda half pays attention, doesn't know what they are talking about and ends up looking like a bit of a knob as a result.  Granted, this dude hasnt brought home a championship yet and to some thats the end all be all but he's not some robot who is expected to be perfect all the time and has improved this team in spades just by stepping on the field wearing #17 in red white and blue. Its a game, and he's top 5 in the world at his profession. Maybe I'm in the minority but theres a difference in a well thought out constructive criticism and coming off like a jackash because from your recliner you think he should have 'thrown it better '.... 

Edited by gobills1212

I don't think anyone has turned on Allen, but the expectations around him have definitely gotten out of control. He is still a human being, not a god. As usual I'm not sure how many people here watch other QBs across the league consistently. I hate always using Mahomes as the comparison point but Allen's game against Detroit was on par with Mahomes' games against the Titans and Chargers. In some ways Allen has become his own worst enemy in this conversation. We've seen him play historically elite football several times within the last year so anything less than that looks bad by comparison.

I know I'm a little biased but I feel crazy reading some of the Josh Allen takes on here this week. There are people in this thread saying Allen has played like trash the last 4 games. I mean I thought he was excellent against the Lions and pretty much the only reason we moved the ball at all. Clearly in the 2nd half his elbow was affecting his accuracy, but that was far down the list of issues with the offense in that game. Poor pass protection, predictable route combinations, receivers not getting open, refusal to commit to the run even when Dorsey can see Allen's arm deteriorating - this is what Allen was dealing with while playing with an injured elbow in his throwing arm. What do people expect?

I see so many comments trying to lump his red zone INT against Detroit in with the one he threw against the Jets, as if they are even remotely comparable plays. I see comments blaming him for the near-pick in Cook's direction even though the broadcast broke down exactly what happened. He also made a number of jaw dropping plays that many fans just gloss over because we're used to it. Not me. I'll never take those plays for granted.

I guess I just wish people on here would stop trying to build some kind of 5 game narrative about Allen regressing. He actually was bad in the 2nd half against Green Bay and all game against the Jets, everyone knows it including him. What's happened the last 3 weeks is not the same thing. He's getting elbow injections before games and wearing a brace and still trying to rehab a small UCL tear instead of getting full practice time. Meanwhile the offense as a whole is going through a bit of a slump and almost nobody on that side of the ball is playing (or calling plays) to their fullest abilities right now. Some people just want to blame the QB because it's the thing to do. Try watching every play of other games with top tier QBs and pretend you're a fan of that team. You're almost never going to come away 100% satisfied.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh Allen doesn’t make that throw if his confidence is still shot.  I think we will see regular Josh starting against the Pats.  You can tell by the emotion he had in the hug with Diggs that it’s been a challenging few weeks for him.  I think he’s back.

He is definitely on the way back from whatever caused that little dip. 

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I guess I just wish people on here would stop trying to build some kind of 5 game narrative about Allen regressing. He actually was bad in the 2nd half against Green Bay and all game against the Jets, everyone knows it including him. What's happened the last 3 weeks is not the same thing. He's getting elbow injections before games and wearing a brace and still trying to rehab a small UCL tear instead of getting full practice time. Meanwhile the offense as a whole is going through a bit of a slump and almost nobody on that side of the ball is playing (or calling plays) to their fullest abilities right now. Some people just want to blame the QB because it's the thing to do. Try watching every play of other games with top tier QBs and pretend you're a fan of that team. You're almost never going to come away 100% satisfied.

My take is it was sloppiness in a game they had won vs the Pack. I thought he was just flat out bad vs the Jets (no idea why, he just had a clunker) and then while obviously affected by the injury he was bad against the Vikings because he was pressing and made mental mistakes. I thought early in the Cleveland game he  looked lacking in confidence and his footwork was a mess but from the moment he hit Stef in the back of the endzone before halftime in that game he has been on an upward swing and he played really well against the Lions. 

No idea what caused it but he had a little funk for two and a half games (during which time he also picked up the injury). It happens. Mahomes had a very similar spell around the Bills game last year, I remember him being atrocious at Tennessee. Even the best ones will have little spells of poor play here and there over a 15 year career. 

On 11/24/2022 at 6:04 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s really disheartening and disturbing these last 5 games how many have turned against Allen. Guy gives it his all and puts his heart and soul on the team. Has he played reckless? Yes he has. But the team around him outside of Diggs has not helped him much at all. Davis is not the true number 2 WR that we all hoped he would become after his playoff stint against the Chiefs. Knox has also taken a big step back since getting his new contract and that’s becoming a growing theme not only for us but to every team around the league. Also the o line has regressed and large part due to injuries. Chances are we’re going to need a new center and move on from Morse. 

to all those who dislike Allen now. Just remember what we had for 17 years before Allen came to us. Remember Bledsoe, Losman, Fitzpatrick and Edwards, Van Pelt etc

“let’s create a cadre of imaginary villains so I can feel better about myself”

There isn’t a wave of people turning on Allen. He hasn’t had his A+ game in a few weeks. People pointed that out. No big deal.

• Agree 1

Last year they where throwing Allen’s jersey on the highway outside the stadium when the Bills lost to Pittsburgh. Part of this fanbase and about 10-20 people on this board will always find a way to hate a Allen since draft night almost like they are hoping Nick Wright will like them for hating Allen so much. 
Just deal with it and realize they keep moving the goal posts with everything Allen does. 
Those of us who remember people trying to get Kyle Orton out of retirement are savoring every moment of his future hall of fame career. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.