Very disturbing to see how many fans have turned against Allen.

BuffaloBills1998

17 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s really disheartening and disturbing these last 5 games how many have turned against Allen. Guy gives it his all and puts his heart and soul on the team. Has he played reckless? Yes he has. But the team around him outside of Diggs has not helped him much at all. Davis is not the true number 2 WR that we all hoped he would become after his playoff stint against the Chiefs. Knox has also taken a big step back since getting his new contract and that’s becoming a growing theme not only for us but to every team around the league. Also the o line has regressed and large part due to injuries. Chances are we’re going to need a new center and move on from Morse. 

to all those who dislike Allen now. Just remember what we had for 17 years before Allen came to us. Remember Bledsoe, Losman, Fitzpatrick and Edwards, Van Pelt etc

I don’t think it’s a “turn against Allen”.  He hasn’t played to the level he is capable of.  There’s nothing wrong as fans to call that out.  What’s more disturbing are the fans that believe Allen is never the problem. 

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Did you see Josh’s postgame presser? When asked about Romo’s comments about how injured he really is, his response was very telling. Watch it.

He didn’t say “I’m okay” or anything of the sort. If you ask me, his facial expression and non-answer tells me he is in pretty rough shape, physically.

This explains a whole lot about his recent play, the interception and even the play calls. It’s really interesting, actually.

What does this have to do with my post? 

i hope Josh gets it together….  Do you?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

What does this have to do with my post? 

i hope Josh gets it together….  Do you?

Apparently nothing to you, Bevis.

The guy is hurt more than anybody is letting on. Wouldn’t you be confused if you had a crazy amount of pain? What I hope for is that Josh gets to feeling better!

13 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Apparently nothing to you, Bevis.

The guy is hurt more than anybody is letting on. Wouldn’t you be confused if you had a crazy amount of pain? What I hope for is that Josh gets to feeling better!

I agree he’s hurt.  He’s also making some bad decisions and throwing bad passes.  He wasn’t hurt vs the packers or the jets (until the final seconds) and threw 4 terrible interceptions….

Get right Josh.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't think anybody is turning on Josh. We just get upset/frustrated in the moment and post stupid hot takes. I, for one, don't really mean them. It's just been a frustrating run of games since the bye week and this board is a place to vent. 

The GDT, especially, is a place to vent our most basic, unfiltered, often irrational, certainly frequently idiotic, and typically anxiety induced human emotions in real time.  Its a "get it off your chest" space - at least for me.  I'm not ashamed to say I've posted some really embarrassing things in there over the years in hindsight.  

Bottom line - we all love the Bills and love Josh and want them to succeed.  Outsiders began telling us early in the year that this team and Josh Allen were essentially perfect and going to stroll to a championship, and some of us started to buy into that.  Last few weeks we've discovered that this team is actually a collection of human beings and not T100's.  This realization has been a blow to our fanbase's collective psyche.  The increase in "moronic take" and "hate posting" is a byproduct of that. 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

I don’t think it’s a “turn against Allen”.  He hasn’t played to the level he is capable of.  There’s nothing wrong as fans to call that out.  What’s more disturbing are the fans that believe Allen is never the problem. 

But w a qb like him you take the good w the bad. Like that last laser beam yesterday to diggs.  It was a hell of a throw, on target and won the game. Everyone is happy. If it had have sailed, people would have been all over him for being too agressive blah blah blah. You take the good and the bad bc thats ur qb. We are used to way more good than bad now, but if dents and dings are prohibitive of that until we get a bit of a rest then we have to accept that too. He lost us the Jets game and arguably the Vikings game. But he wins so many others ya just have to deal and it is what it is. Im not sure why people seem to have such a hard time with this relatively simple concept...

57 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

But w a qb like him you take the good w the bad. Like that last laser beam yesterday to diggs.  It was a hell of a throw, on target and won the game. Everyone is happy. If it had have sailed, people would have been all over him for being too agressive blah blah blah. You take the good and the bad bc thats ur qb. We are used to way more good than bad now, but if dents and dings are prohibitive of that until we get a bit of a rest then we have to accept that too. He lost us the Jets game and arguably the Vikings game. But he wins so many others ya just have to deal and it is what it is. Im not sure why people seem to have such a hard time with this relatively simple concept...

For sure, but as fans, you should be able to call out the bad without being crucified. 

Human nature.  Of course, it's not everybody, but lots of people can only remember back to the last thing a person did.  Josh Allen and the whole offense is working through some stuff, but the team would look for the next decade and not find a replacement for Allen who has his talent.  The team needs to keep their focus and work through the challenges.  Detroit is a good team, and Buffalo managed to win despite wrestling with their own mistakes.  If at some point it becomes obvious they can't work through their issues, then maybe Beane will need to look at a personnel overhaul, but we are nowhere near that point at the moment.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Lmao Josh himself has said he keeps playing like *****. 

That's because that's what a leader does.

14 hours ago, Airseven said:

Based on pure athleticism, yes of course. But Allen has yet to prove he can WIN like Kelly. And that’s what matters.

I loved Kelly, but the only games he has won that Josh hasn't are AFCCGs.  And none of the teams he played in those games -- Raiders, Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs -- were close to the level of Kansas City today.  Plus he got to play three of those games at home because the AFCE was largely horrible other than the Bills, which isn't the case now.

• Like (+1) 1

Any fan who turns on Josh deserves the purgatory we resided in for 30 years. This guy leaves his everything on the field and when the Bills lose, he takes full responsibility  unlike many pro QBs. He had a 2 game hiccup. Deal with it, he’s in the conversation for best QB in football and finds a way with a diminished roster. He is Bills football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

I loved Kelly, but the only games he has won that Josh hasn't are AFCCGs.  And none of the teams he played in those games -- Raiders, Broncos, Dolphins, Chiefs -- were close to the level of Kansas City today.  Plus he got to play three of those games at home because the AFCE was largely horrible other than the Bills, which isn't the case now.

Yeah exactly, they say I’m playing like ***** when they are playing like ***** lol

Just now, FireChans said:

Yeah exactly, they say I’m playing like ***** when they are playing like ***** lol

No, lol, they say they're playing like ***** to take the pressure off the guys that ARE playing like *****.  I'm sure that in the room Josh has plenty to say to the guys that are playing like *****, but he wouldn't call them out publicly.  Remember when Kelly publicly blamed House Ballard, and Thurman came out and said he'd better look at himself as well?  And when Flutie would say "we fumbled the ball" or "we threw an interception" instead of saying that HE fumbled or threw a pick?  I don't miss those days.

Whether he's playing like ***** or not, Josh is saying all the right things.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree he’s hurt.  He’s also making some bad decisions and throwing bad passes.  He wasn’t hurt vs the packers or the jets (until the final seconds) and threw 4 terrible interceptions….

Get right Josh.  

There is a massive difference of being critical of a mistake vs trashing Allen.  It’s fair to be critical and analyze a mistake by Allen…then there’s idiotic statements saying he’s been total trash for 4 weeks when he’s been the only reason we have even been in games, let alone won them.  

Im not up to speed on your take, just making a general comment.  There are some realllllllly stupid comments about Allen going around these boards, shout box, etc.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is a massive difference of being critical of a mistake vs trashing Allen.  It’s fair to be critical and analyze a mistake by Allen…then there’s idiotic statements saying he’s been total trash for 4 weeks when he’s been the only reason we have even been in games, let alone won them.  

Im not up to speed on your take, just making a general comment.  There are some realllllllly stupid comments about Allen going around these boards, shout box, etc.  

my comments are tame.  He’s hasn’t played well.  Partly because of his injury and partly because of poor decision making/execution. Partly because of the new OC and missing Daboll.  Partly because he and his targets aren’t always in sync.  Lots of reasons.  

bottom line- he isn’t the same qb that we saw prior to the 2nd half of the GB game.  17 and the rest of the offense need to get back on track or we won’t win a super bowl. 

He’s still a god in my book.

I do my best to stay away from the individual comments after a loss or bad performance.  I usually stick to OPs and responses to my posts.  So I can’t really chime in on these ridiculous comments.  I have yet to see a comment in which the poster had “turned on him”.  From what I’ve read, people say they exist….I’ve yet to witness any.  

maybe someone can put together a multi quote post pointing out these takes….. I have no motivation for such a thing

3 hours ago, BRH said:

Kelly was also 31 before he played in his first AFCCG. 

• Like (+1) 1

The last 6 games they have been "struggling" the Bills have averaged the 6th most points per game at 26.2 and the 4th most yards at 396 per game.

So basically even when they are "struggling" they are a top 5 offense in the NFL. 

That should be absolutely terrifying for the rest of the NFL.

They have 16 TDs and 15 FG during that timeframe, so I think the more accurate thing to say is they are struggling to score TDs as efficiently as they normally do.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

For sure, but as fans, you should be able to call out the bad without being crucified. 

You have 70 posts and I think every one of them has been either bashing Josh or defending bashing Josh. There are limits.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.