Very disturbing to see how many fans have turned against Allen.

BuffaloBills1998

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Quite a few posters were calling for josh to be benched in the gdt

I was one who said they should put Keenum in after watching Josh unable to hit several short timing type throws.  Never said he sucked, but he was clearly too injured to hit easy throws to make the offense go at that point.  Then he throws a piss missile to win the game...great, I'm happy.

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

I was one who said they should put Keenum in after watching Josh unable to hit several short timing type throws.  Never said he sucked, but he was clearly too injured to hit easy throws to make the offense go at that point.  Then he throws a piss missile to win the game...great, I'm happy.

The big throw he missed that was almost intercepted was cook trying to adjust his route super late…wasn’t really on josh at all.  Cook essentially faked josh out rather than the defense lol

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I will say this, if Josh was not behind center, the game plan for this offense would have to totally change from what it is now or you would possibly see 10 sacks

How can you say that? They were only down their two best offensive lineman (Morse and Dawkins) and Spencer Brown hasn’t looked right since he returned from his injury. But still…

Ok, two things - 1) why can we not RB/TE screen. We are a passing team, d-line’s are pinning their ears back, and we are down o-linemen. Why not use their aggression against them, 2) when we are so unsettled on the o-line, why not move the pocket for Josh? He looked like he did not trust the patchwork line and wanted to be on the run to make throws or run for much of the game. Why not move the pocket to take advantage of all this? Anyway…

3 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

How can you say that? They were only down their two best offensive lineman (Morse and Dawkins) and Spencer Brown hasn’t looked right since he returned from his injury. But still…

Ok, two things - 1) why can we not RB/TE screen. We are a passing team, d-line’s are pinning their ears back, and we are down o-linemen. Why not use their aggression against them, 2) when we are so unsettled on the o-line, why not move the pocket for Josh? He looked like he did not trust the patchwork line and wanted to be on the run to make throws or run for much of the game. Why not move the pocket to take advantage of all this? Anyway…

Really they were essentially down 3 linemen, since Bates was not playing his normal position

5 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

I would love to see screens, unfortunately, for some reason this line can’t walk for them

Not really thinking there was a need for this thread.  

There’s been frustration, but most people have pointed out the following:

Elbow injury 

Mid-season swoon last year

WR’s not stepping up

Dorsey struggling so far in his first year 

Allen also deserves some criticism for trying to do too much, but most here qualify that with one, or more, of the above statements. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not really thinking there was a need for this thread.  

There’s been frustration, but most people have pointed out the following:

Elbow injury 

Mid-season swoon last year

WR’s not stepping up

Dorsey struggling so far in his first year 

Allen also deserves some criticism for trying to do too much, but most here qualify that with one, or more, of the above statements. 

I think there are some of us that - while clearly not himself - Josh is still engineering an offense still putting up 30-ish points a game in an offseason rut.  I mean, that’s plenty to win in the NFL.  After the weekend, will be interesting to see what our scoring offense is per game since the bye (when  Josh started scuffling a bit in the second half of the Pack game) or even since the Viking game (post elbow injury).  I suspect we are top 3 or 5 across either timeframe. So, while the eye test says “Josh/offense isn’t clicking on all cylinders”, the results still say “elite”. 

As a long time Buffalo sports fan I am not surprised. You are going to get a few that fall in love with QB Frank Reich instead of starting QB Jim Kelly. Trust BSF I ignore the back up is better Buffalo sports fan that is rarely the case. There are exceptions like Dominik Hasek for an aging Grant Fuhr but like I said it is rare. The backup QB’s on the Bills presently are terrible and the thought they ever have to start is scary then the Bills fan blaming Josh Allen for everything in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.