Dion Dawkins updates?

Simon

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In the TSW tradition of "But, but didn't you hear?"  Not having Tre White cost the team a Super Bowl!   The Chiefs version of Tre White....Tyrann Mathieu.......got knocked out a few plays into that game and their secondary was a mess that night but to some Bills fans the Chiefs stole the victory because the Bills were without Tre. :rolleyes:

You missed my point.  We ONLY lost one major player.  It will never get better than that.  We had the golden opportunity last year and did not close. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

You missed my point.  We ONLY lost one major player.  It will never get better than that.  We had the golden opportunity last year and did not close. 

I didn't miss your point.   We have a lot of fans who will always think that other teams aren't as impacted by injuries.   Even when the Bills are incredibly healthy like last season.

The new one now is "yeah but the Bills injuries are to GOOD players".    The Lions had both of their starting guards out.......their #1 CB got ruled out late in the week.......and they also had to elevate a DE from the practice squad and they were a 4-6 team with a 31st ranked defense to start with.

But "woe are we" who had to deal with injuries to what is generally regarded as one of, if not the best,  rosters in the league.   Injuries didn't level the playing field by any means.   The better team won.   It still would have been an upset if that team with those players and that winning culture would have lost to THAT team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I didn't miss your point.   We have a lot of fans who will always think that other teams aren't as impacted by injuries.   Even when the Bills are incredibly healthy like last season.

The new one now is "yeah but the Bills injuries are to GOOD players".    The Lions had both of their starting guards out.......their #1 CB got ruled out late in the week.......and they also had to elevate a DE from the practice squad and they were a 4-6 team with a 31st ranked defense to start with.

But "woe are we" who had to deal with injuries to what is generally regarded as one of, if not the best,  rosters in the league.   Injuries didn't level the playing field by any means.   The better team won.   It still would have been an upset if that team with those players and that winning culture would have lost to THAT team.

Agreed. Every team has injuries. 

Last week the Chiefs went to LA and were down JuJu and Hardman, and Toney then went down after one play. Thats 3 starting WR out for the game. Watson and Kelce stepped up and they left LA with a last minute Win. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Agreed. Every team has injuries. 

Last week the Chiefs went to LA and were down JuJu and Hardman, and Toney then went down after one play. Thats 3 starting WR out for the game. Watson and Kelce stepped up and they left LA with a last minute Win. 

Kelce is the Chiefs top dawg tho. Juju is not Diggs. Diggs are Kelce.

18 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

What is with all the high ankle sprains this year? (Oliver, Kumerow twice, Edmunds, Brown, Elam, Morse, Rousseau, Dawkins). They need to go with a different shoe, make changes @ strength & conditioning or something. This is ridiculous.

Maybe they need to stop playing on slit film turf

We seemed to have a lot of injuries the last 2 games

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It looks very much like we play a defensive scheme that we cannot execute without our starters and to compensate for that, Dorsey calls the most predictable offense in the league.  I don't like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

It looks very much like we play a defensive scheme that we cannot execute without our starters and to compensate for that, Dorsey calls the most predictable offense in the league.  I don't like it.

Have to agree on the defensive scheme. Have to adjust with this many injuries and we haven’t see much flexibility. As for Dorsey, has he just been figured out? He was strong out of the gate, but an offense has to evolve over the season to break tendencies. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Have to agree on the defensive scheme. Have to adjust with this many injuries and we haven’t see much flexibility. As for Dorsey, has he just been figured out? He was strong out of the gate, but an offense has to evolve over the season to break tendencies. 

Sources that I follow that seem to know ball have broken down our red zone woes and are pointing the finger at Dorsey.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/25/2022 at 7:10 AM, Chaos said:

Seems last year all of the pieces lined up.  Only one major injury (Tre White).  That scenario is not going to happen again.  

Last year happened.  We lost the game.  It is over.  Move on to this year. 

Anything can happen this year.  Lots of football to be played and we are a strong contender.  Enjoy the ride.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

That could conceivably be the case this season come playoff time also.  We’ve had a ton of injuries but only one ‘season ender’

I have even heard talk of hyde returning for the playoffs so who knows 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Agree.  And it shouldn't be that way with the defense,  the reserve safeties and LB's should know their assignments inside and out because they have been here for 2-3 seasons now.   The promise of the McDefense was that you could do more with less talent in the secondary because it was more about being assignment sound than matching up individually.    But additionally they have been running this D for 6 years now and teams know their tendencies when they put together a game plan.........so the Bills are trying to change things up while also dealing with injuries and limited practice time. 

On offense it's frustrating but there is also the school of thought that doing less things well is better than trying to fool opponents and doing it to a fault.  Daboll was the latter much of last season.    "Gotcha'" plays make you look brilliant when they work and stupid when they don't and you keep doing it anyway.  

I totally buy that Daboll wanted out,  just like he wanted out of Alabama.   That Wyche/Mularkey style of play calling grates on people like Saban, McDermott and Cowher.    

The Bills problem now is that simple doesn't work when you don't match up......and after 2 offseasons of neglecting to improve the offensive side of the ball they just don't have the horses to just line up and beat the men across from them the way they did in 2020 and to a lesser extent in 2021.    I think they clearly over estimated their personnel coming into the season.   Right now,  "simple" is actually harder on Josh Allen because he's having to break down defenses with his feet........whether it be holding the ball to get covered receivers free or tucking and running with it.    

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In the TSW tradition of "But, but didn't you hear?"  Not having Tre White cost the team a Super Bowl!   The Chiefs version of Tre White....Tyrann Mathieu.......got knocked out a few plays into that game and their secondary was a mess that night but to some Bills fans the Chiefs stole the victory because the Bills were without Tre. :rolleyes:

The Chiefs stole the victory because of the absolute junk scheme we ran with 13 seconds left.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.