Dion Dawkins updates?

Simon

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We were supposed to look for a starting left tackle at the trade deadline?

I am certain the 49ers would have traded Trent Williams for a conditional 6th round draft pick and a bucket of Buffalo Wings (celery/ carrots included). 

It is shocking we don’t have at least 4 all-pros as backups ready to move in to position at a moments notice.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I feel like we’ve had every player get hurt that we would list as a player that we can’t afford to get hurt. Well almost every player, there’s one left standing.

Don't mention his name here. It's bad karma. I thought that he has a concussion on that late hit in this past game. 

Sad part is, it was barely noticeable he was out bc Allen had been under fire all year long anyway, just coming from a different place this time.  I don’t know if it’s a scouting issue or a priority thing, but if they don’t help JA out, they are never going to get the returns.  It looks so much like the Carolina w Cam theory of 1 Playmaker and a QB can carry the O, spend all the money on D and then play a soft ass scheme so the playmakers you paid for don’t have an impact anyway.  Great way to find yourself sitting at home with an MVP QB on ice in January.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope he doesn't need Tommy John Surgery! 😉😏 

Begs the question if the thigh doctor is qualified to assess injuries to other body parts - ankle, elbow, spleen.. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was testing it on the sidelines right after the half.  He was putting full weight on it and moving laterally but was wincing a bit.  He wanted back in.  Talked to Morse on the sideline but the trainer appeared not to clear him.  We were about 30 rows up and all this was happening in front of us.

Other than that he was in a great mood.  

Even when the momentum clearly swung against the Bills with the Miller injury, the Dawkins injury, the crowd, etc. the sideline was always dialed-in and loose.  They found a way to win even down a ton of players.  Ed Oliver had an Aaron Donald game.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Sad part is, it was barely noticeable he was out bc Allen had been under fire all year long anyway, just coming from a different place this time.  I don’t know if it’s a scouting issue or a priority thing, but if they don’t help JA out, they are never going to get the returns.  It looks so much like the Carolina w Cam theory of 1 Playmaker and a QB can carry the O, spend all the money on D and then play a soft ass scheme so the playmakers you paid for don’t have an impact anyway.  Great way to find yourself sitting at home with an MVP QB on ice in January.

I'll tell ya what they can do. Instead of wasting high draft picks on stiffs like Epenesa & Basham,  go out and draft OL. Last I checked Josh doesn't play defense, so how bout you surround your elite cyborg unicorn franchise player with better olineman. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Seems last year all of the pieces lined up.  Only one major injury (Tre White).  That scenario is not going to happen again.  

In the TSW tradition of "But, but didn't you hear?"  Not having Tre White cost the team a Super Bowl!   The Chiefs version of Tre White....Tyrann Mathieu.......got knocked out a few plays into that game and their secondary was a mess that night but to some Bills fans the Chiefs stole the victory because the Bills were without Tre. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.