Interesting tidbits and random thoughts you may find interesting

Einstein

This is not listed in matter of importance - Just the order I thought of them.

1) Despite the cluster mess of the past month, your Buffalo Bills are still an excellent 8-3 and control their own destiny to winning their third straight division championship and need just one loss by the Chiefs to make a run at the #1 seed. The big picture is smiles.

2) Allen’s final throw was GOLD. A rope. A diamond missile from heaven. He stuck that right into Diggs’ chest. Incredible.

3) Diggs said to Allen on the sidelines after the touchdown; “Hey! I told you! I got you bro!” I think he wants Allen to trust him more even in tight coverage.

4) Allen is the first QB in NFL history to win

Thanksgiving in all 3 time slots (early game, afternoon game, and night game).

5) Spencer Brown is an absolute liability on an offensive line with several liabilities. When we signed Saffold, I visited the Titans forum and witnessed their fans celebrating that a rival had signed the “dud”. We now see why.

6) Anyone else think Bass may have missed that first or second extra point that was called good? I never saw another angle and the announcers didn’t mention it, but it didn’t look right. Just curious if I had too much Thanksgiving wine or that really happened haha.

7) The Lions play caller was excellent today, and presumably all year looking at their statistical numbers and the very little high-end talent they have. Several points during the game I found myself quite jealous of their play calling, motion, and creativity. Watching Daboll against the Giants is making me yearn for him as well. Outside of Barkley, the Giants have very few playmakers. Daboll is getting the most out of them.

😎 Gabe Davis has shown zero ability to make contested catches. Receivers around the league make receptions with guys draped all over them and defenders hands poking at the ball. We had a receiver (Jefferson) catch a ball while having approximately 3 fingers on the ball and Cam Lewis having 2 full hands on the ball. Enough of the excuses for Gabe Davis (ie: “the pass was defended, not dropped”). If he cant make contested catches, then enough with throwing him the ball in those situations.

9) One concern I have with the defense is lack of situation awareness. One example: Why, on 4th down and goal, would you not instruct the CB’s to chuck the Lions wide receivers? Why allow a free release? Why not disrupt the timing of the routes and motion receiver? To quote the NFL rule book; “Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.” So as soon as the ball is snapped, chuck the wide receivers and maintain contact. Mess up the timing. Give the pass rush an extra second to get to the QB. Ruin the motion WR. Instead, we allow a free release for EVERY wide receiver. They instantly run pass our defensive backs for a TD.

10) Why would McD call the timeout with 7 seconds left in the game? Or was it someone on the field (a player) that made the mistake? Regardless, you want to call the timeout with 3 seconds left so the field goal is the final play. One may argue you want to leave time for a botched snap - except you didn’t have any more timeouts so that doesn’t matter. You should not have to kickoff and field a last second desperation play or return by the Lions.

11) Maybe it’s in my head, but just LOOKING at Josh, I see a different player than earlier in the season. His expressions and composure screams that something is wrong. Remember when he used to run and then get up yelling and signaling first down? That’s seems gone.  Something FEELS off with him. I don’t see the same tenacity and fire. Maybe i’m overthinking it, because that piss missile he flung through the stratosphere to Diggs was prime Josh Allen.

12) One team building thought: Florio mentioned over the off-season that if the Bills had been the team to make the trade for Von Miller in 2021 (rather than the Rams), he believes the Bills would have made the 1 or 2 extra stops needed to beat the Chiefs, and the Bills would have won the Super Bowl. I agree, and I would trade a second and third pick right now for a Super Bowl win last year. I would trade James Cook (2nd round pick) and Terrell Bernard (3rd round pick) for a Super Bowl win last year. Injuries are such a huge factor in winning it all and I think you need to pull the trigger and go all-in on the years where you are having good injury luck. Last year was one of those years - we were relatively lucky. I hope Beane learns from this going forward and makes a key trade during a year where we have the injury luck and can make a push. “F them picks” to quote the Rams - Yeah, they suck this year, but i’d trade a year of suck for a Super Bowl win. Maybe that’s just me. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Go Bills! God bless you and your family. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Bills won.  Gutted the game out and won.

nuff said.

I started a thread saying expectations need to change for this team. Our key to victory until we get out of our funk and get healthy is a bend but don’t break defense and an offense that can give us a TD and a FG per half……2019 recipe.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Allen is trying to conserve throws with the elbow. I think it's bothering him more than he is letting on.

But when he has to have one...my Lord did that ball get up and down in a hurry right into Diggs chest.

That ball to Davis was also a great throw right on the hands but he dropped it. Shoulda caught it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

I started a thread saying expectations need to change for this team. Our key to victory until we get out of our funk and get healthy is a bend but don’t break defense and an offense that can give us a TD and a FG per half……2019 recipe.

Agree.

Team is still great.  An injury here or there, even a star can be overcome.  This team has seen an incredible a number of injuries and still shows up.  

• Like (+1) 1

Condensed formations/stacked/bunched receivers motioning guys in and out of it gave our young DBs trouble all day. There were guys wide open numerous times because we didn’t sort out the combo or play our bunch rules correctly in man coverage. We played out of phase in man quite a bit because we were slow on all these.

EDIT: We also were horrific tacklers again…

Edited by HoofHearted
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HoofHearted said:

Condensed formations/stacked/bunched receivers motioning guys in and out of it gave our young DBs trouble all day. There were guys wide open numerous times because we didn’t sort out the combo or play our bunch rules correctly in man coverage. We played out of phase in man quite a bit because we were slow on all these.

First time I've watched the Lions this year.

Was really impressed with their OC; been a while since I've seen anybody manipulate a Bills defense like that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Davis is a bust in comparison to the expectations put on him this year, people wanted him to be a 1A, he’s a 3B.  The team has no legit #2.

Allen is not right, the receivers are not helping.

The D can’t cut it with this many injuries.

if they don’t get healthy, this season is toast regardless of the regular season record.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Davis is a bust in comparison to the expectations put on him this year, people wanted him to be a 1A, he’s a 3B.  The team has no legit #2.

Allen is not right, the receivers are not helping.

The D can’t cut it with this many injuries.

if they don’t get healthy, this season is toast regardless of the regular season record.

Luckily lots of things change between now and when the playoffs start. None of it matters other than wins. If we played 3 of these games to win the SB are you going to complain they didn't deserve to win it?

A win is a win. The injuries keep piling up for this team, it's ridiculous. I've never seen such a rash of injuries. Game after game. Sucks. 

That said, when they're in there playing with backups that can cause changes in the game plan on both sides of the ball. They had all of two starters playing on the OL, one playing out of position. 

Pile that on with the six feet of snow, tons of players having to dig out then get robbed of a home game, then turn around and play on a short week. Always room for improvement but I'll take 8-3. Hopefully they get Tremaine and Groot back soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Was really impressed with their OC; been a while since I've seen anybody manipulate a Bills defense like that.

It was almost embarrassing. We had no edge twice in the game. That should not be able to happen. Like ever. I’ll have to go back and watch the film, but live it looked like Elam might have buried himself on one, but the other looked like we got formationed into a horrific defensive alignment.

• Agree 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

Luckily lots of things change between now and when the playoffs start. None of it matters other than wins. If we played 3 of these games to win the SB are you going to complain they didn't deserve to win it?

Absolutely not.  The team is battling through right now and getting wins, that’s a good thing.  They are playing like garbage in comparison to the beginning of the year / the expectations they set.  With the D missing  5/6 starters and another playing banged up, it’s not hard to see what the issue is.  Now the lack of talent at WR was something I was concerned with going into the year and it’s really proving to be a problem.. OBJ would be a hell of an add.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Absolutely not.  The team is battling through right now and getting wins, that’s a good thing.  They are playing like garbage in comparison to the beginning of the year / the expectations they set.  With the D missing  5/6 starters and another playing banged up, it’s not hard to see what the issue is.  Now the lack of talent at WR was something I was concerned with going into the year and it’s really proving to be a problem.. OBJ would be a hell of an add.

Agreed...they are slogging through right now. But they are still scoring points and put up over 400 yards today.  Doesn't always look pretty, sometimes looks disjointed but when they need it, they buckle down and make it happen on offense for the most part.

That 40 yard rope to Diggs that stuck in his chest on the last drive was just jaw dropping.

Agree about OBJ. Would be a nice piece to add to the offense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

He is really smart. Doing a great job.

18 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Yep. Numerous time you saw Taron Johnson sprinting around as the snap happened because the Bills were out of position.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed...they are slogging through right now. But they are still scoring points and put up over 400 yards today.  Doesn't always look pretty, sometimes looks disjointed but when they need it, they buckle down and make it happen on offense for the most part.

That 40 yard rope to Diggs that stuck in his chest on the last drive was just jaw dropping.

Agree about OBJ. Would be a nice piece to add to the offense.

That throw is what makes Josh special.  I think the announcer said there are “5 guys ever that could make that throw get there before it was broken up” , I don’t know if that’s true, but I don’t think I could name more than that so maybe it is. 

I don’t put a lot of stock in yards gained, show me points and execution when it matters, the last 4 games, that’s been the struggle.  Hopefully they get that figured out.

30 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Yes sir.

Although close, the extra point was definitely good. I saw enough good angles of it to be certain.

Tbh, it wasn't until I saw the replays, that I was certain, so I wasn't surprised that people might have thought otherwise, but it was definitely good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.