Dane Jackson was toast 😬

Buffalo_Stampede

18 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

He's forced to play because of injuries. He isn't a starter caliber CB. 

He's forced to play because of injuries. He isn't a starter caliber CB. 

Who is the other starter opposite White? The way they’re rotating Benford and Elam I’d say it’s going to be Jackson.

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I was all about Dane last year and most of this year…the last 2 weeks have been embarrassing. Need Elam and White on the field 

Elam is #3 right now, even before White returns. Benford is getting more reps than him and Jackson never comes off the field.

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

Who is the other starter opposite White? The way they’re rotating Benford and Elam I’d say it’s going to be Jackson.

That's a real problem because all three can and will be exposed by quality teams in the playoffs. Benford and Elam are learning on the job. Both I think will be good to very good corners under McD. However, right now and likely for the playoffs they are not a strength of the team. Jackson is a whole different story. The guy is a fantastic nickel guy and situational back. He makes big plays and knows the system well. However, he is not a starter and he's clearly showing us that. I do believe he can be an asset in the playoffs when used effectively. 

Edited by newcam2012

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's a real problem because all three can and will be exposed by quality teams in the playoffs. Benford and Elam are learning on the job. Both I think will be good to very good corners under McD. However, right now and likely for the playoffs they are not a strength of the team. Jackson is a whole different story. The guy is a fantastic nickel guy and situational back. He makes big plays and knows the system well. However, he is not a starter and he's clearly showing us that. I do believe he can be an asset in the playoffs when used effectively. 

#2 guys do not get exposed typically because they are not going against #1 receivers. A couple teams have 1a and 1b receivers like Miami and Minnesota. Most don’t. KC doesn’t unless you consider Kelce a wr.

Will Dane ever be Sauce Gardner? Nope… not a chance. When you add in the experience he is getting subbing for Tre, he might just be one of the better #2 guys once the pressure is off, (assuming Tre gets back to 100%). Add in Elam & Benford next season and beyond, and you have the makings of a top corner corps.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

#2 guys do not get exposed typically because they are not going against #1 receivers. A couple teams have 1a and 1b receivers like Miami and Minnesota. Most don’t. KC doesn’t unless you consider Kelce a wr.

Will Dane ever be Sauce Gardner? Nope… not a chance. When you add in the experience he is getting subbing for Tre, he might just be one of the better #2 guys once the pressure is off, (assuming Tre gets back to 100%). Add in Elam & Benford next season and beyond, and you have the makings of a top corner corps.

I agree but this year is a different story. Benford and Elam are more of a liability this season vs a strength due to inexperience and learning the professional game. Dane is getting tourched as a starter. Very good situational back who makes big plays. He's limited due to his physical limitations. 

What I have seen is... Teams are not often throwing the type of passes our cornerbacks are good at defending (simple square ins and outs, short slants, deep square ins, come backers). They are challenging downfield or on double moves that get the defenders to turn their back to the quarterback or sideline, running towards holes in the coverage. And the line hasn't been getting as much quick pressure to beat these longer developing plays.

47 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

The last 3 or 4 weeks any ball that went near the WR was caught against him. 

Lol. Man has been getting COOKED. 

Not true.  He had a nice PBU vs the browns and one vs the Lions.  

i also don’t think good coverage and not turning around is getting COOKED.  Dude just needs to turn his head.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not true.  He had a nice PBU vs the browns and one vs the Lions.  

i also don’t think good coverage and not turning around is getting COOKED.  Dude just needs to turn his head.

Im going to respectfully disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

I thought Rhodes looked really good paired with Tre. JMO though

Rhodes got smoked on that long TD catch. 

Dude looked like he had cement boots on. Poor old man. 

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was purely a backup. Came in for Tre when he had the stinger and then again once the Bills and the game in control.

At one moment he nearly had a tipped INT, I was hoping he’d get it. He needs one.

I think Dane will still be a quality zone corner in this league. Hoping this is just a blip the last few weeks that drives his value down for us to re-sign. 

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Rhodes got smoked on that long TD catch. 

Dude looked like he had cement boots on. Poor old man. 

I think Dane will still be a quality zone corner in this league. Hoping this is just a blip the last few weeks that drives his value down for us to re-sign. 

Dane will continue to play in the league, definitely.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.