OLIVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A TURKEY LEG!!!

familykwi

Ed did a lot to change my mind as someone who was indifferent to keeping him around long term.  

That was an Aaron Donald type performance.  

Time for the young guys to step up.   This is now Ed O and Greg Rousseau’s DL.    They’ve got to hold it down until we (hopefully) get Von back for the stretch run/playoffs. 

23 hours ago, familykwi said:

Bass?  Bass?  Dude almost put us in overtime.  Oliver was a monster today and deserved to be fed.

End of story

Does he have a charity that we can donate to?  Or maybe we should all just send him our leftover turkey legs. 

For the record, I completely agree.  He should have been recognized nationally for that performance.  I was really surprised that Josh did not call him up there to "give him a bite". 

While I have been pretty disappointed in Oliver overall, particularly given his draft position (and fully understand he had nothing to do with that), he has played much better lately.

Yet considering how underwhelming he has been for the last couple of years maybe we wait until he strings together a couple of these performances before we annoint him anything? If he can play like this for 4 or 5 games of the next 6 - sure I will completely pivot on him. Until this seems like a severe overreaction to Ed's performance yesterday. The reverse of the "Allen is terrible" crowd, I suppose.

Also, if we are being honest Ed played well against the back-ups to the back-ups of the Lions IOL. That should get acknowledged at some point.

The irony of some posters here who state "He is a beast this is his best game thus far" do not fully understand if he were a beast, he would have 13-14 games a year like this, not a handful or less. Simply stated you are not a "beast" if you perform in a single game so well, compared to your body of work, that it stands out.  A "beast" is someone who dominates game to game to game to game. No one with any football acumen can state that Ed has dominated for years now.

I get the excitement, I do as I am pleasantly surprised by Ed...but in the eyes of McD and others he has not earned any particular accolades as compared to some of our true stars, like Allen and Diggs. 

DaQuan had just an impactful game as Ed yesterday, where are those clamoring for that? Also, why diminish the Bills players themselves who shouted out "Settle" as McD was trying to get the 3rd game ball to give out (that eventually went to TBass)? Clearly we do not see what the Bills see. 

Finally, TBass absolutely deserved acknowledgement.  He is the leading scorer on the Bills over the last 2 games, if I recall correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.