We did not deserve this win, but....

TwistofFate

6 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

We have to win by 30 or our coaches need to all get fired, also all our positions including backups need to be all pro players. No exceptions 

We have to win every close game and simultaneously win by 30, while never committing a turnover or dropping a pass.

I hadn’t realized how far into la la land expectations got. Jesus Christ would get roasted on this board for a 3 and out. 

We didn't deserve it imo.  Deserving to win is capitalizing on the other teams errors, playing mistake free football and executing at a high level. 

Missed extra points, turnovers in the red zone and multiple 3 and outs is not doing any of the the aforementioned points. 

We got the win and I'm happy about that, but I can go back to the GameDay thread and quote many of you here that are now saying we deserved to win this game but we're far from saying that during the game. 

We played like crap and won in spite of it. 

25 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

"I'll take it"?

What would happen if you didn't take it?

Yes, I'll take a ***** undeserving win over a loss. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

We didn't deserve it imo.  Deserving to win is capitalizing on the other teams errors, playing mistake free football and executing at a high level. 

Missed extra points, turnovers in the red zone and multiple 3 and outs is not doing any of the the aforementioned points. 

We got the win and I'm happy about that, but I can go back to the GameDay thread and quote many of you here that are now saying we deserved to win this game but we're far from saying that during the game. 

We played like crap and won in spite of it. 

Why does every game have to be a work of art exactly? The wins count the same, and along the way, we get to debunk the “Bills can’t win the one-score games and that clear ‘out-coaching’ will hold them back from the Super Bowl” nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

That pass to Diggs gave me hope we can get points with little time on the clock. That was about the only thing that made me feel good about the game. Run game was anemic, Josh wasn’t MVP Josh and the D struggled a bit. I’m so glad we pulled it out and showed we have the talent and coaching to get it done in the clutch. 

7 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

We have to win by 30 or our coaches need to all get fired, also all our positions including backups need to be all pro players. No exceptions 

7 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

Just accept the idea of great teams finding a way to win. Limiting teams to fgs instead of tds. Then taking advantage of loose coverage to get the winning score. Gotta love to he resilience.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tim Tindale said:

Why does every game have to be a work of art exactly? The wins count the same, and along the way, we get to debunk the “Bills can’t win the one-score games and that clear ‘out-coaching’ will hold them back from the Super Bowl” nonsense. 

It's OK to say the Bills played like trash and clenched a victory from the Jaws of defeat. 

How anyone who isn't currently intoxicated can honestly say we played a good game and deserved that win, is beyond me. 

We barely won against a 4 win team.  We made a plethora of mistakes, and in spite of that pulled off some last second magic. 

I won't complain about a win, we looked terrible.

I am so glad for a Thursday game. Even with a win, we still have the complainers. Being a Thursday game, we have to move on to NE real soon. That means less days of negative Nancies creating dumb posts. After all this team has gone through the past week and a half, now is not the time to complain. Right?

Just now, Dopey said:

I am so glad for a Thursday game. Even with a win, we still have the complainers. Being a Thursday game, we have to move on to NE real soon. That means less days of negative Nancies creating dumb posts. After all this team has gone through the past week and a half, now is not the time to complain. Right?

I'm not complaining about a win, but that was a horrible looking one that we didn't deserve. 

On to NE. 

Just now, Dopey said:

Yes. We scored more than the other team. Hence, we won. Deservedly so. WTH were you watching!?!

The pileup of injuries is absurd. If someone told me two weeks ago that Mike Love, Bobby Hart, Greg Van Roten, Tanner Gentry, and AJ Klein would have to give us meaningful snaps in the same game on a short week, I’d say that we’d be in serious trouble.

Our top 3 pass rushers are now out. 

We are going to have to grind out some wins in sloppy games. It’s just where this roster is right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

We have tons of injuries, had a super difficult week last week, had to turn around on a short week and play this game, and came out with a win with 23 seconds on the clock. 

Despite all the challenges this team has faced this season, we're 8-3 and winning games. I don't see how this team isn't deserving? For God's sake, this team just needs to get healthy and it will be crushing everyone again!

15 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

It's OK to say the Bills played like trash and clenched a victory from the Jaws of defeat. 

How anyone who isn't currently intoxicated can honestly say we played a good game and deserved that win, is beyond me. 

We barely won against a 4 win team.  We made a plethora of mistakes, and in spite of that pulled off some last second magic. 

I won't complain about a win, we looked terrible.

No one is saying the Bills played good

Detroit is better than their record.  Mistakes happen.  By your logic KC doesnt deserve to win half their games because they play like trash and then turn it on in the 4th quarter just to pull out yet another close game as it expires.

You are complaining just in your thread title alone.  We all know it wasnt pretty.

If we didnt deserve the win, according to you... explain why Detroit did.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.