We did not deserve this win, but....

TwistofFate

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Why didnt we deserve it?  I dont get this attitude.  Two tough teams playing a tough game and the Bills made more plays than them.  That simple.

I hate the “they deserved to lose that game” quote more than any other football cliché. Detroit deserved to lose bc they scored less points. Idc if Allen turned in over 6 times as long as he gets the W, it is well deserved. Awesome game and I am proud of the team. Blow outs are cool but it’s fun to see a good back & forth game coming down to the final drive. That’s what builds resilience. Those close 1 score games bc that’s most likely what they’ll be dealing w/ in the post-season more often than not. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hate the “they deserved to lose that game” quote more than any other football cliché. Detroit deserved to lose bc they scored less points. Idc if Allen turned in over 6 times as long as he gets the W, it is well deserved. Awesome game and I am proud of the team. Blow outs are cool but it’s fun to see a good back & forth game coming down to the final drive. That’s what builds resilience. Those close 1 score games bc that’s most likely what they’ll be dealing w/ in the post-season more often than not. 

Detroit is better than their record is.  This team is struggling with injuries and learning a new offense, because it isnt the exact same as Daboll's offense, and having a lack of real playmakers on offense.  

People think that other good teams blow everyone out every week.  Everyone jumps on how good KC is because they lose all game long but have a couple drives at the end of the game to pull it out and this happens a lot.  When the Bills do that we get threads like "Fire everyone, Bills arent a playoff team, Bills didnt deserve to win."  Amazing the hypocracy.

• Like (+1) 1

The better team won. 

not an ounce of hesitation saying that. 

the lions will talk about moral victories and boneheaded mistakes from their staff managing clock… we will continue to watch for home field advantage in the playoffs while they watch our team on tv.

Bills won.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I'll take it.  I wish this team got back to playing the whole game like they do in the last 2 minutes of halves.  Detroit came to play and came on a mission.  Thank the football gods for the win....Happy Thanksgiving.

The hell we didn't deserve it. We earned that win 100%. We stared down a good team and won it in the clutch.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

30 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

We won the game…..we deserved it. I hate when people say that! The Lions did enough to lose it and we did just enough to win!

Thank you. Road game against a tough team playing w desperation.  So glad we pulled it out.  Would’ve been a rough T-day otherwise. 

Great finish. And good victory 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I'll take it.  I wish this team got back to playing the whole game like they do in the last 2 minutes of halves.  Detroit came to play and came on a mission.  Thank the football gods for the win....Happy Thanksgiving.

"I'll take it"?

What would happen if you didn't take it?

32 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

You have to be kidding. This game was won by a team that wanted it more. They get the ball with 27 seconds and Josh throws a 40 yard seed to Diggs. Then our QB runs it to makeable fg range and our kicker makes a pressure fg to win. We won this game without any help from the football gods .

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Why didnt we deserve it?  I dont get this attitude.  Two tough teams playing a tough game and the Bills made more plays than them.  That simple.

For them to overcome all of the crap that's happened in the last week mentally, unexpected travel, injuries that continue to pile up in games and still come out with 2 wins in 5 days is pretty much all you could have asked from them. It doesn't matter how they look, they all count the same.

Like this isn't Madden where real life things don't matter. It matters a ton. As Romo said, they aren't robots.

They just looked tired today and I can understand why. But when they needed their big players to step up and make big plays, look what happened.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

How many games did Bills lose like this in past years because we were someone else's stepping stone to get to playoffs. 

With all the injuries, weather, etc... this feels like a MLB 162 games season so far.  A marathon.

Remember end of season last year, playoffs included ( yes, I know, 13 seconds). 

Remember this year & last, 1st 2 games, no punts, stupid % on 3rd downs, 4th..

To almost quote Al Davis, Just get there baby!

We have a chance.

Oh! Happy Thanksgiving.

45 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

We didn’t?  That’s why they play 60 minutes. Anything can happen. I never agreed with the “we didn’t deserve to win” mantra. 

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

You have to be kidding. This game was won by a team that wanted it more. They get the ball with 27 seconds and Josh throws a 40 yard seed to Diggs. Then our QB runs it to makeable fg range and our kicker makes a pressure fg to win. We won this game without any help from the football gods .

Vegas Gods too 😀

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Down Morse, Rousseau, and Edmunds and losing Von and Dawkins midgame on a short week on the road against a team on a 3 game win streak - I'll take a win any way we can get it.

I’ll admit I thought the sky was falling. Glad I was wrong. Happy thanksgiving everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

That pass to Diggs gave me hope we can get points with little time on the clock. That was about the only thing that made me feel good about the game. Run game was anemic, Josh wasn’t MVP Josh and the D struggled a bit. I’m so glad we pulled it out and showed we have the talent and coaching to get it done in the clutch. 

2 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

The angst in the second half thread was ridiculous. The lions were at home, Thanksgiving, the bills have spent two weeks being jerked about, injuries, etc....

People talking about a lost season down by three.

I get knee jerk reactions, but some on this board are too bloody much.

I was there in my mind I have to admit. Please forgive this sinner. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.