Sit benford and jackson...

Hebert19

22 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Jackson and Benford have been bad. White, Elam and Rhodes should be top 3.

absolutely agree with this. Benford, especially with his size, has real potential.  Dane was a starter from a big program (pittsburgh) and almost wasn't drafted - that says a lot.  I think he has a lot of talen but seriously lacks basic DB instincts....and....I think oyu either have that or you don't.  He was terrible the last 2 weeks and was burned for a last second TD yesterday (3rd and 1 with 32 seconds left) if Goff didn't badly misthrow a pretty routine QB throw.

Elam wasn't shown much yesterday because Detroit saw no reason to throw in his direction.  A top 4 of White, Elam, Rhodes and Johnson sounds great to me

• Agree 1

On 11/24/2022 at 2:56 PM, Hebert19 said:

This is Elam and tre time. 

Benford came out of the game with an oblique injury and is week to week, so you get your wish on Benford I guess

Since Elam is still healing up from his ankle and struggled when he went in for Benford the last third of the game, I'm not sure the results be what you imagine there

Tre played 1/5 of the snaps (15).  He's going to ramp up, not suddenly replace a player, and when he does, it may be Elam/Benford he replaces, not Jackson.

Our secondary was playing much better when our DL wasn't down to 3rd string DE

On 11/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, streetkings01 said:

Might be a hot take, but we should’ve resigned Levi Wallace. He’s not the fastest, but he’s superior in coverage to Jackson, Benford and Lewis.

They did offer him a deal and he said he was just about to re-sign with them when he looked down and realized he was wearing black and yellow shorts and this somehow was a sign from the universe that he should sign with Pittsburgh so that's what he did. This is all true. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, and not only for his pass D in the middle.  He helps keep everyone on the same page.

Add Hyde being gone who also helped keep guys assigned right, it puts way too much on the CBs.

Hydes excellent positioning and instincts was a huge plus to the CBs.

Not having Edmunds out there has been huge. He makes such a difference in the middle. I know many expect him to rack up big sack numbers and picks and all the splash plays, but he's just a steady, consistent presence in that defense. He has a quite a few TFLs this season and had been flying around pretty good out there until the injury. I'm in the camp that says pay the man. They've spent five seasons bringing him along and he's still just what, 24, 25? He's also been a captain three seasons running and the QB of the defense since his rookie year. I'd like to see him stick around. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, and not only for his pass D in the middle.  He helps keep everyone on the same page.

Add Hyde being gone who also helped keep guys assigned right, it puts way too much on the CBs.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, Bob in STL said:

GREAT Strategy.  Play two players that are coming back from injuries and completely ignore the others.   Put the whole load on them.  That will work.  

Umm. Nope.  Rhodes and tre split time and Elam could have played more and they thru him back out in second half.  So. Ya.  That's the plan. 

• Dislike 1

On 11/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, streetkings01 said:

Might be a hot take, but we should’ve resigned Levi Wallace. He’s not the fastest, but he’s superior in coverage to Jackson, Benford and Lewis.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:01 AM, blacklabel said:

They did offer him a deal and he said he was just about to re-sign with them when he looked down and realized he was wearing black and yellow shorts and this somehow was a sign from the universe that he should sign with Pittsburgh so that's what he did. This is all true. 

Not only did we make Wallace an offer, but we would have made a competing/winning offer had we not gotten dicked around by McKissic in Washington. Beane was very upfront and transparent (read:pissed off) that had they known McKissic was going to stay in Washington, and had they known Washington was going to make a matching offer, he wouldve spent those resources on bringing back Wallace.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, Mr Info said:

“I think Dane Jackson is a budding superstar in the making.”
Tony Romo 10:23 Q1 vs Lions

I like Dane more than most and I was crying when he said that.  The kid is usually in great position.  He’s actually been really good in coverage.  It’s just his ball skills have been all time bad.  On passes targeting him while his back is turned to the qb, I can only remember him turning his head one time all season.  I think it was vs the Browns.  He broke it up.  

I think Romo was on the right track, but maybe a bit overstated.  If he can learn to turn his head and play the ball, he’ll be a very good corner.  It’s a tough skill to learn and excel at or there would be a league full of great corners.

On 11/25/2022 at 1:14 AM, AlfaBill said:

Horseshoes and hand grenades? What is that like from the 50’s?

Son, I'm heading for my 7th decade and this 50's - 60's comment is part of me. Not to mention, whether it suits you or not, it still applies. Have a good one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/25/2022 at 2:57 PM, ColoradoBills said:

This combination of Key Players certainly affect the young ones and less experienced players we have been fielding lately

Good points

Not sure why we dont see more over under coverages at times

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Rhodes has been unemployed in a passing league. Unless you're planning to turn back the clock to 2014, I'm not sure he's going to be the upgrade you think he is.

Imagine he is more mentor than executioner. That fine by me Bull

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.