Sit benford and jackson...

Hebert19

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Might be a hot take, but we should’ve resigned Levi Wallace. He’s not the fastest, but he’s superior in coverage to Jackson, Benford and Lewis.

That 4M spent on wallace would’ve been better used on Jerry Hughes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It needs to be White and Elam the rest of the way. Why did White come out after the first drive? Was he not ok?

That is my suspicion. I think he asked to come out. Others think that was always the plan. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I think there is a mental block with Tre atm. 

We need more Elam for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

When your DL can’t get any pressure and QB has all the time in the world it’s hard for any DB  to stick with a WR for more then 5 seconds 

Kind of goes both ways…qbs are also getting the ball out quick against us cuz their 1st/2nd reads are wide open out of their break 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Whkfc said:

White played what 1 series?

Two.  Makes sense to let him get comfortable.  You’ll see him on a pitch count next Thursday as well.  That’s my WAG.

We need him a full go for the Fish and the Bungals.  The other games I’m cool with him on a 50-60% so he gets his sea legs.

Then I want his butt for every play of the playoffs.  I’m not scared of the Cheats, Jets, or Bears.  If Edmunds gets healthy, we need him Klein and Milano for the Cheats, jets and Bears.  Shut their freakin run game down.  Mac, whoever is backing up Wilson, and Fields is going to beat us in the air.

Jackson is awful & has been awful for several weeks. McD makes 0 adjustments & stubbornly insists on playing him (bc Tre's hurt & the other 2 are rookies). But the lions targeted Dane today successfully. NE is going to go after him every play. It's similar to how McD reacted to Nathan Peterman. McD should get asked some tough questions this week. (Doubt he will).

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Missed tackles....

Benford is not necessarily the problem as Jaquan, and Hamlin have started with a flash, but really regressed.  Having Poyer really helps, but a healthy Tre, Hyde, Poyer and Taron makes that unto so instinctive and shut down.  Wallace was the weak point, so we’ve been spoiled having those four all playing.  We’ll get Hyde back next year,  it these gaps on Poyer should show how they have to find $ for him.

For all those crapping on Edmunds, now you see what it’s like against the pass without him.  He’s not Ray Lewis and that’s ok.  That’s another off season challenge for Beane.

Add all that up and I hate to think of this offense without Motor, but that will be a tough one, not to mention we need Oliver long term.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

When your DL can’t get any pressure and QB has all the time in the world it’s hard for any DB  to stick with a WR for more then 5 seconds 

So true. The whole plan revolved around Von & Groot staying healthy. That didn't happen.  AJE & Basham were to contribute as rotational pass rushers. That didn't happen. Too many mid tier qbs look better than they should because of our inconsistent pass rush. This all trickles down on our rookie/backup DB's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dane Jackson gave more hugs to receivers today than my aunt at Thanksgiving. Someone tell Dane the goal is to try and stop them from catching the ball, not hanging 10 yards back and then hugging them once they catch it

our secondary’s ball awareness has been abysmal for several weeks now.

Dane Jackson was atrocious today and has been much of this season.  Benford absolutely benefited from Jackson being on the field with him because having Jackson be so bad that he was targeted on just about every throw, Benford wasn't picked on as much.  But from what I saw during the game, he actually wasn't much better.  He was getting beat consistently as well and would have been lit up himself several times had Jackson not been absolute trash on the other side of the field. 

Tre and Elam are the best CB options on this team and it isn't even close.  Once healthy, those guys should be playing every snap.  Rhodes is actually better than both Benford and Jackson but can't see the field because they don't want to waive either of the other guys to make room for him on the roster.  It's a tough situation because Rhodes should be playing until White and Elam are healthy and can handle a full workload.  Just can't get him up on the roster.

Anyway, if we can get White and Elam back to 100%, get Edmunds back on the field ASAP (he has been sorely missed much to the dismay of many on this board), get Groot back, and pray that Miller is able to return soon, this defense will improve.  These aren't bit players we're missing.  They are impact starters and will improve this defense immediately when they get back on the field at 100%.  This isn't even including Hyde who's out for the year (most likely).  Injuries have been an absolute killer this year on both sides of the ball.  Never seen anything like it.  Guys just dropping like flies.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He did have trouble but he didn't get much help either. 

Hamlin is the real issue, to be honest. I can't tell you the number of times they would say a guy was doubled and Hamlin was extremely late getting to where he needed to be, which you aren't doubled if your their late so the receiver wasn't really doubled. 

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is my suspicion. I think he asked to come out. Others think that was always the plan. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I think there is a mental block with Tre atm. 

We need more Elam for sure.

Not true. McDermott said after the game that the plan was for him to play 15-20 snaps. He played the first 2 series(15 plays). 

5 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Might be a hot take, but we should’ve resigned Levi Wallace. He’s not the fastest, but he’s superior in coverage to Jackson, Benford and Lewis.

Guess they should have sent him some red, white, and blue boxers to wear on signing day.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I’ll get crap for this but Dane has been playing great in my opinion. This is 3 weeks in a row where the opposing WR makes a perfect, extremely difficult catch when Jackson is right there in coverage. Everything has to go right for the offense on that play and it does. Jackson has been a bit unlucky. 

I don’t see great. I see ok coverage and positioning but completely unable to use the position to prevent catches or pick off the ball. That’s why they keep attacking him. He’s losing and it’s on film repeatedly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.