Fire Frazier Now

Behindenemylines

15 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The OP doesnt realize that detroit has had a really good year offensively. Based on Detroit's defensive record, the bills should have 40 points....

Exactly. The Lions put up 35 and lost to the Eagles. They put up 45 and lost to the Seahawks. They put up 27 and lost to the Dolphins. Those were all one score games they could have easily won and instead been 7-3 going into the game like us. They can score points. 

Edited by Buffalo03

13 minutes ago, Dafan said:

4th and 16 and a practice squad safety goes for a pick on a deep ball instead of batting the ball down....D makes a huge goal-line stop to pretty much secure the game...until offense fumbles ball in endzone.   How people are blaming the D over the last few weeks with missing half their starters amazes me.

This is the kind of thing that you here whenever the team is losing and people can’t make rational thought the amazing thing is we’re eight and three and people are still doing the crazy irrational thoughts

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

He’s gotta fix third down D, it’s been killing is for weeks.  We have them backed up all the time, we know they are passing and we can’t cover. It’s brutal to watch. 

Exactly.  That’s coaching to put our players whomever they are, in the position to not fail.   Say practice squad going for a pick instead of knocking down the ball but a coach should have “coached” that knowing his players. 

we can make all the excuses we want but getting eaten alive on passes play after play isn’t good coaching. These are all professional players and if our depth is this bad, we’ll that’s coaching too in my book.

the goal line stand was amazing to watch but why were we even in that position-because we let them March down The field virtually uncontested. 

things need to change because what was looking like an easier tail end of the season is looking more like a gauntlet

At this point in our franchise history the only acceptable expectation should be Super Bowl.  Making excuses for poor performance due to injuries etc is weak by my standard. Good teams recognize this and work to solve the problem.  

Belicheck has made a career of making non superstars look like superstars-we should be able to do the same with our depth players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

You are making the point I have been making all along. Frazier is playing last years defense-which at times was suspect-without last years playmakers. Yes injuries are huge but you need to adjust which he appears to be incapable of.  Jefferson killed us and it appeared we made no adjustments and that allowed the long 4th play to beat us. 

same for the last 5 plus games.  That’s not mastermind level coaching it’s stubbornness.   Same issues last year in many games 

people don’t like my opinion but all of last years stats don’t mean anything today.  If he can’t make some solid changes to get off the field 3rd and long he’s not that good a coach in my book. It’s unacceptable to continually allow it. 

You said it yourself. So can you please stop bringing up last year's defense. Stop bringing up Justin Jefferson. That's all in the past. You realize that McDermott is the head coach and everything goes through him regardless of what Frazier tries to do.

Perhaps. Just perhaps... Frazier and McDermott view things differently from you. In their minds, they made the adjustments. But you don't see the adjustments you want. You're also NOT accounting that opposing coaches make adjustments against us. They study what we do.

We JUST lost Von Miller, most likely for the rest of the year along with the other major injuries. Remember when everyone was healthy to begin this season? Yeah, we looked like the number one defense. Were you complaining then?

Having rookies and 2nd stringers on the field, with barely any experience, to perform like experienced play makers, is nearly impossible to pull off.

I'm content that we're 8-3. We should be 9-2. That loss against the Jets hurt us. Not the Vikings loss. It's the Jets. We should have won the game. Oh well. That's why they play the games.

Once again, the run defense held up, holding the Lions’ backs to under 4 yards/carry. 

Yes, the pass defense is struggling at times, especially against opponents’ no. 1 receivers. Injuries, especially to Hyde, Tre and Edmunds, are at least partially to blame there. 

in other words, a “fire Frazier” thread is wholly unwarranted. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

You are making the point I have been making all along. Frazier is playing last years defense-which at times was suspect-without last years playmakers. Yes injuries are huge but you need to adjust which he appears to be incapable of.  Jefferson killed us and it appeared we made no adjustments and that allowed the long 4th play to beat us. 

same for the last 5 plus games.  That’s not mastermind level coaching it’s stubbornness.   Same issues last year in many games 

people don’t like my opinion but all of last years stats don’t mean anything today.  If he can’t make some solid changes to get off the field 3rd and long he’s not that good a coach in my book. It’s unacceptable to continually allow it. 

I am sorry but they DID make changes in the Minnesota game which is why after the 1st quarter Jefferson disappeared for a long stretch. Yes he made a miracle play on 4th down. You know what that comes down to? Talent vs Talent. Theirs was an elite receiver. Ours was a bottom of the roster / practice squad defensive back. None of our starting secondary played that game. Whoever was going to be on him would have been a mismatch. The same yesterday. Detroit had more talent on thr field offensively than the Bills had defensively. They did a hell of a job to hang in and two of their few remaining playmakers - Milano and particularly Oliver - made enough plays to allow the offense to win us the game. If you are expecting Leslie Frazier to come up with some super clever, complex defensive scheme to stifle talented offenses with Dane Jackson, Christian Benford and Damar Hamlin starting and Boogie Basham and Shaq Lawson playing defensive end then I respectfully suggest the problem isn't Leslie. It's you.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Imagine actually firing him now though. Like right this moment.

Fire him now. Start recruiting for his replacement. A few games without a defensive coach. And then, eventually, getting players used to the new coach and the new approach. 

It's just a really brilliant idea from the mind of a genius. 

FIRE FRAZIER NOW 

1 minute ago, LondonBill said:

Imagine actually firing him now though. Like right this moment.

Fire him now. Start recruiting for his replacement. A few games without a defensive coach. And then, eventually, getting players used to the new coach and the new approach. 

It's just a really brilliant idea from the mind of a genius. 

FIRE FRAZIER NOW 

The same people are calling for Josh to be benched! My favorites are the ones calling for Josh to be benched for a quarter, that’ll get him right! So fire the defensive coordinator AND bench the starting QB

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

This title is all that needs to be stated. 

call it injuries if you want to but this D is pathetic and that’s on the coaches. 

faith is lost in him 💯 

Typical Bills fan ... It has nothing to do with the fact that 3 all pro starters were sitting on the bench & freakin Miller was out due to a injury WTF !!! 

• Disagree 1

• 1 month later...
  • Simon locked this topic