Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

The fact that Von walked off the field means nothing. Cue: Clay Tomson and Steph Curry. Both tore their ACL and continued to play in the very same game. Clay tore his and continued to shoot the free throws, ran into the tunnel, came back out to play until he finally said "im done".

Anyway, let's hope for the best with Von. We need you Vonny!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Almost nobody said that actually.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chao definitely invoked Tommy John.   

He may have not said he definitely needed it, but he, and some others, put that out into the Twitterverse. 

Chao is a Fanduel-paid betting line influencer.  His "diagnosis" of Allen was borderline unethical.

• Like (+1) 3

Now that Von Miller has been hurt and will miss games, EVERY STARTER on defense, with the exception of Daquan Jones, has been injured and missed time. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that since I started following the Bills religiously from ‘97 on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Now that Von Miller has been hurt and will miss games, EVERY STARTER on defense, with the exception of Daquan Jones, has been injured and missed time. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that since I started following the Bills religiously from ‘97 on.

Taron Johnson hasn’t missed a start.

14 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

That is crazy.  What about Taron Johnson?  Is he not considered a starter?  

He’s a starter.

• Thank you (+1) 2

My online diagnosis is that Von has a knee injury, but not season ending.  I got my M.D. degree at Twitterversity.

My course of action would be to shut him down for the rest of the regular season.  Continue to be hype machine for the guys at practice and game days.  Allow him to get healthy and then unleash his fury for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Miller is a good enough athlete to play without an ACL like Thurman Thomas did for his entire pro career, given proper bracing and strengthening of the support muscles. 

I disagree.

Yes he maybe COULD play but should he?  I saw no.  Miller is too athletic and makes dynamic movements to the ball rotating his knees, he could really do serious damage if he plays plus mentally he will always have that in the back of huis mind taking away his aggressiveness which is a key to his game.

He is not a one year rental, he is here or at least paid up for years.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

7 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

when you reach Rappaport’s level you build your reputation on never reporting inaccurate news. However, Ian’s the same guy who reported the AB signing.  

Well , there you go , never say never.  He very well could be right.  Hey personally I am not affected one way or the other as it’s all speculation unless you examined the knee or you read the mri before it was done. Lol. 😊. I was just saying the younger Dr has proven to be very good at explaining injuries this year. He wasn’t o and couldn’t be definitive as that’s impossible. I think he said something like he feared , etc etc,    Nothing wrong with making an educated GUESS.  He is paid to do that. All Drs are paid for educated guesses , until an image or tissue oath comes back. It’s called a working differential diagnosis. That’s how they are taught to think   Make a list with most likely things at the top and other less likely things down the list. The hunan baody is not a car , it’s a dynamic organism, ever changing so you are trained to think expansively. Let’s sY you go I. With a cough and the Dr says it’s bronchitis. Well, many things act the same. It could also be a pneumonia, asthma, cold, a pulmonary embolus etc.  They make a differential diagnostic list if POSSIBULITUES, and the.n work thru that list. I doubt Rap makes a list or has knowledge to do so !  

in this case it could be a sprain, it could be a a l tear, it could be an Mcl sprain or tear, it coukd be a medial meniscal tear, etc. Only the Drs reading the MRI will know as close to 100% as possible , until if required, someone scopes and actually sees the extent of damage. So Rap might know what he was told , there  in no way his report can be 100% a fact or von would not need aN MRI would he ?  So if he doesn’t get or require an mri , then the examining Drs exam is compatible with a sprain and that’s possible. Not Every knee injury tears an ACL , and if there is no laxity , no swelling from bleeding , then there’s likely no tear!  That would be great! Alll those Drs were saying is the injury looked suspicious with the awkward medial strain on the joint as he bent , and he was obvioulsy in discomfort for quite a while and didn’t seem to want to place his weight on the leg. Heck, he could have been dancing in the locker room for all we know. and Rap saw that and reported it as a sprain.

The drs just saw the initial injury and reaction , and based on their extensive experience, SUGGESTED, it looked like a possible tear. That’s true, but not a fact., just a working diagnosis. It’s their job just like Raps is to be first to spue  something!    Neither is Fact until more time passes and either he is re examined or an mri shows definitive issues. Hope that makes sense. Time is truths friend in this case. Hey we NEVER FOUND OUT on JOSHS REAL INJURY DID WE?  Can Rap tell us that  w 100% accuracy , NO, BUT HE CAN SAY JOSH HAS A SPRAINED ELBOW.    HE Is REPORTING SOMETHING HE DOESNT KNOW FOR SURE, but his rep is still intact. We will know to some degree if von stays on the active roster or is placed on IR which suggests structural damage. They may not say exactly until it’s reported he is having surgery. If not , it’s a sprain and great news. Raps rep is not held to the high standards a board certified docs is who is licensed every two years based on tested  knowledge.  
I don’t think Rap has to pass a national test or earn a certain number of cme hours every two years to be able  to continue to write an opinion.  However,  a board certified dr must’ Document on a states website proof that he has done so. Take home point: we won’t know unless an actual mri is reported. , and that includes Rap. If no mri is done / required , it’s a minor sprain and that’s amazing considering how it initially looked   No one is taking sides , just reporting observations now and that Drs rep is no less credible than Raps! I am hoping for a sprain as I love the Bills., yet initially it appears  a little more involved. These guys are truly freak individuals so heck tomorrow he could be dancing , or. In a brace / crutches  waiting in a surgery date.  Time is always a friend to the truth. Go Bills 😀 best wishes ! 

• Eyeroll 1

All we know is that the team hasn’t acknowledged that they “fear a potential season ending knee injury”.   Instead we’ve heard “cautiously optimistic”.  

That’s it.  That’s all we know for sure. 

What that tells me is they did tests on him at the stadium and didn’t have the tell-tale signs of an ACL tear.   Teams usually know fairly quickly, which is why you hear statements like “team fears etc etc..”. 

Doesn’t mean they’re in the clear… just means the initial tests weren’t conclusive, which likely gives them hope … considering ACL tests are usually diagnosed pretty quickly with the MRI used to confirm. 

i.e. Tre last year .. they knew immediately. 

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Man… You better not have just jinxed Daquan!  Ha!

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

The fact that Von walked off the field means nothing. Cue: Clay Tomson and Steph Curry. Both tore their ACL and continued to play in the very same game. Clay tore his and continued to shoot the free throws, ran into the tunnel, came back out to play until he finally said "im done".

Anyway, let's hope for the best with Von. We need you Vonny!

I walked off the basketball court and torn my ACL, MCL, lateral meniscus. Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I've never seen that and I've been following them since 73!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.