Jump to content

Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He has 8 sacks….playing on a crappy D.  He never played alongside The current DL.  You’re just a guy that looks at box scores to determine worth.  Worthless

He has had no more than 4.5 sacks in his last 3 years with us. He's having a good year this year. Does that mean his previous years with us which he did next to nothing should be ignored?

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

He has had no more than 4.5 sacks in his last 3 years with us. He's having a good year this year. Does that mean his previous years with us which he did next to nothing should be ignored?

No.  

 

It means that hes never played this this group of DTs and opposite Von Miller before……. O

 

it means that his sack totals from years past don’t mean that he wouldn’t have more this year.  He’s always been one of the better pass rushers in the league, regardless of his sack total.  

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He has had no more than 4.5 sacks in his last 3 years with us. He's having a good year this year. Does that mean his previous years with us which he did next to nothing should be ignored?

 

Maybe you failed to notice that Hughes was amongst the league leaders in QB pressures during that time too, something that is as important as sacks because it forces bad throws, creates turnovers, etc etc.  

 

Just tracking sacks is a poor barometer for evaluating the play of a DE. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Limeaid said:

Rule about threads related to game do not apply to YoYo right?


given the fact that you are not a moderator, I’m gonna go ahead and say that you have no idea what the rules actually are. I have actually clarified this many many many times and given to the fact that you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about then maybe you should not comment on these things. How about that?

 

If I need to give an obvious explanation to the busybodies who can’t help themselves from playing hall monitor, things that happened in the game that are of importance beyond the game are 100% reasonable topics. Miller’s injury would be one of them.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

I hope we get Von back for the playoffs as a healthy weapon. Did anyone else notice AJ Klein yesterday? He was on fire. Played a great game for us. I always liked him but man, yesterday he made 3 plays that were drive stopping. Romo commented, or started to before being cutoff, that Klein is underrated. Good to have him back on a D that is banged up. Now if we could only get rid of Hamlin somehow.... He costs the Bills too many plays.

 

He did his best Edmunds impression on that ball that was thrown right to him though.    They finally have reached the season where they miss Edmunds when he is not out there but watching Klein play is a reminder that an instinctive LB can be good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SDS said:


given the fact that you are not a moderator, I’m gonna go ahead and say that you have no idea what the rules actually are. I have actually clarified this many many many times and given to the fact that you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about then maybe you should not comment on these things. How about that?

 

If I need to give an obvious explanation to the busybodies who can’t help themselves from playing hall monitor, things that happened in the game that are of importance beyond the game are 100% reasonable topics. Miller’s injury would be one of them.

Word to the mutha👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

You're satisfied with having Basham, Lawson & Mike Love as our DE group?

 

I'll be glad when Epenesa is back.

I like Shaw a lot. He is really solid and dependable. Often not flashy but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Very good on the run. I've seen years of Epenesa and I'm hoping he's not with the team next year. I don't think he's very good. He misses gaps like crazy and often that's how you know he's on the field. Granted he's made a few plays this year. I'll give you that. The Bills can and should do better than him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

well this sux for Von, the Bills and the fans.   what's the recovery time?

tough to say. swelling should be gone after 3 or 4 days and at some point he will need surgery like a partial meniscectomy since hes a relatively young and a athlete. if he gets surgery now and starts rehab next week, then we should have him back by the playoffs. but i just learned about this ***** so it really goes on a case-by-case basis and the reality of the fact is we dont know his full health history or the extent of the damage in his knee.

 

if its just the menisci like is being reported, then we are really lucky and there is a really good chance he should be back by the playoffs

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad to hear that Von didn't tear his ACL. I tore both my meniscus in both knees. I  had my left knee repaired in 2003 when a was 43. 

I was in no way a pro athlete, just a over weight teacher who liked to ride his bike. The surgery was no big deal and I rehabbed pretty quick.

 

I bet if he got his knee scoped today he would be ready to play in two weeks. Have you seen this guys legs? Hard to believe to it tore at all.

He should wear knee braces from now on.

 

Get well soon, next three games determine AFC East champs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

 

There's reports saying if he can brace it he can play & get surgery after season, but if he can't & has to have surgery now, then his season is done. (Per Rapsheet quoting to Rapoport).

 

So back to wait & see.

 

Even if he is able to play again this year the bigger question is how effective is he going to be?

 

Just can't believe that one year to the day after losing White to a season ending injury, lightening seemingly strikes twice with a key player we can't afford to lose for an extended period of time.

Edited by FilthyBeast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

Even if he is able to play again this year the bigger question is how effective is he going to be?

 

Just can't believe that one year to the day after losing White to a season ending injury, lightening seemingly strikes twice with a key player we can't afford to lose for an extended period of time.

 

Yeah, thought the same thing. I'm definitely done with these Thanksgiving games. Make KC play them. I'd like some breaks to start going the Bills way. Frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

Even if he is able to play again this year the bigger question is how effective is he going to be?

 

Just can't believe that one year to the day after losing White to a season ending injury, lightening seemingly strikes twice with a key player we can't afford to lose for an extended period of time.


Josina Anderson reported that he’s played with a brace before.  
 

Guys play with meniscus tears and/or minor surgery quite frequently and don’t look worse for the wear.  Just depends on how severe.  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Maybe you failed to notice that Hughes was amongst the league leaders in QB pressures during that time too, something that is as important as sacks because it forces bad throws, creates turnovers, etc etc.  

 

Just tracking sacks is a poor barometer for evaluating the play of a DE. 

I've never once in my life seen a sack become a completed pass for a td. But I've seen hundreds of qb pressures result in tds. Just saying.....

  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What other term would you use for Epenesa? 

I've not called Basham a bust yet. He's been underwhelming at best for q 2nd round pick.

He is a 3rd year player that had zero development his rookie year due to COVID when he, for some strange reason, trained wrong and reported to camp too small to play DE.    He has since rebuilt his body and his strength.  

 

He has 3.5 sacks in 10 games this season and is a rotational DE on a pretty stacked DL.  He has 3.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovered and 4 passes defended - not setting the world on fire but he is contributing.   On a pace for 6 sacks if healthy.   I can give you long list of Bills first round draft busts that never did this  much.  

 

It is too early to call him a bust, but with the benefit of hindsight we could all list better players that could have been picked.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've never once in my life seen a sack become a completed pass for a td. But I've seen hundreds of qb pressures result in tds. Just saying.....

 

And I've never seen a sack become an interception. But I've seen plenty of QB pressures result in an interception.

Pressure creates mistakes and guys who create that pressure regularly are every bit as valuable as guys that pick up sacks occasionally.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I like Shaw a lot. He is really solid and dependable. Often not flashy but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Very good on the run. I've seen years of Epenesa and I'm hoping he's not with the team next year. I don't think he's very good. He misses gaps like crazy and often that's how you know he's on the field. Granted he's made a few plays this year. I'll give you that. The Bills can and should do better than him.

Maybe so.

 

Until that time comes, we should use him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...