Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Anyone sitting at home with a few weeks of legs left? Dee Ford, Pernell McPhee, Alex Okafor? Back up plan if Von is out longer and Greg R does not heal up quick. 

It seems to me that with IR only a minimum of 4 weeks they should put Von on it and bring up Mike Love full time.

Then if Von is ready, he would be eligible to come back for the Bengals and New England games to tune up for the playoffs.

If Love gets poached or he uses all his "call ups", they could get in trouble if there are any more injuries.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Hilarious in a completely unfunny way how before the season folks were arguing that the entire AFC West could make the playoffs and it turns out the Chiefs are yet again gifted a weak division, while the AFC East has four teams above .500 last week of November.

Miami came on a bit towards the end of last season and many predicted Miami to be right behind the Bills... if it was not for a game played in 120 degrees with no shade that is likely where they would be.

The Jets have a defensive coach with a defensive system that he brought from the 49ers that was very good. With an embarrassment of high draft picks that team is coming together behind it's defense.

Belichick has probably the weakest roster, but usually finds a way to get the most out if it.

Thinking they would all sit idly by and watch the Bills own the division was a bit hopeful, but unrealistic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Von said on his twitch stream today that he will be back, hopefully in 1-2 weeks

He said he'll be back playing, or back in the building to test his knee out? Because the latest report is that they won't know how severe it is for another couple of weeks.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Do you happen to have a clip? Not doubting you I would just like to hear exactly what he says. If he knows he'll be back playing within 2 weeks that is incredible news and our Super Bowl hopes are still alive.

No, no clip.  I understand if people will not believe me.  I just subscribe to his channel 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

What gets me is that you post this, which is actual news, and people keep up the doom and gloom speculation below. The human psyche is endlessly fascinating.

Von Miller is a fine DE, but he is not a doctor. He can talk all day about how he'll be right back, but it's up to the knee, not to him.

I'm assuming that Miller will need surgery at some point on his torn meniscus.  The question is, do they do the surgery now or slap a brace on his knee and let him have surgery in February (after the Super Bowl).  If Miller opts to wait on the surgery, and the tear isn't too bad, he may only need a week or two for the inflammation to calm down so he can play.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Miami came on a bit towards the end of last season and many predicted Miami to be right behind the Bills... if it was not for a game played in 120 degrees with no shade that is likely where they would be.

The Jets have a defensive coach with a defensive system that he brought from the 49ers that was very good. With an embarrassment of high draft picks that team is coming together behind it's defense.

Belichick has probably the weakest roster, but usually finds a way to get the most out if it.

Thinking they would all sit idly by and watch the Bills own the division was a bit hopeful, but unrealistic.

I have to admit to having gotten this one wrong.

I thought Miami would be a fringe playoff team this year, but not one that would give us any real problems.  That was based on me having a comparatively low view of Tua.  I'm still not convinced that he's legitimately good, but he's obviously good enough to take advantage of the weapons that the team put around him.  

I thought this would be the year that New England would just go away.  The talent level of their roster is really pretty bad, and Jones is probably not the answer at QB.  But as you note, Belichick figures out a way to make this team relevant even when it has no business being relevant.  I should have learned that lesson last year, when he got a 5-12 roster into the playoffs somehow.  

I've really like the last two Jets draft classes, but I thought they were still a year or so away.  I actually still kind of stand by this one.  They're not as good as their record and we had no business losing to them.  If they address the QB position this offseason I see them as a legit playoff team next year, but they don't have a playoff-caliber QB on their roster right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Someone has a voodoo doll and doing a number on the Bills.  Never seen this team so decimated on one side of the ball with injuries.  The staring lineup against the Rams only two of them have not missed time due to injuries.  Brutal but this defense has kept the Bills in games.   

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Anyone sitting at home with a few weeks of legs left? Dee Ford, Pernell McPhee, Alex Okafor? Back up plan if Von is out longer and Greg R does not heal up quick. 

Bradley Chubb was available but draft capital 

Can’t just dump the 25th - 31st pick

If we have to watch him and Jeff Wilson Jr lead Miami to a division title or more, OBJ go to Dallas, CMC lead the 49ers to a SB well -   Boogie Basham James Cook Terrel Bernard AJ Epenessa and Matt Araiza’s lawsuit - these are the reasons we won’t.  Not counting on the 2022 rookies but they should have been expendable capital (trade up for Hall?  Pickens?) for this years team.  The future is now.  Ffs

They built this team they get all the credit in the world for turning it around.  

But the Miller contract was needed because Boogie and AJ weren’t enough and Groot was still an unknown.  Miller is 33.  We gave him that deal hoping for 2-3 years of great to elite production.  

Injuries NEED to be planned for.  They are INEVITABLE.  

You don’t want just 1 elite WR you need two.  You don’t want just one elite DE find a way to get 2.  You don’t just want one good RB you need 2.  Some of us were pounding the table for this all off season.    

Eagles 49ers Dolphins Bengals Chargers Vikings all understand this.  

What about the Chiefs?  They have the ultimate cheat code in Kelce.  But they’re as flawed currently as us - JuJu and “the others” are enough so long as Mahomes plays great.  If Mahomes is off they won’t win.  And he’s been great since they lost to us.  

Because our D is decimated, that’s us now.

Allen will need to catch fire for this team to win it all.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bradley Chubb was available but draft capital 

Can’t just dump the 25th - 31st pick

If we have to watch him and Jeff Wilson Jr lead Miami to a division title or more, OBJ go to Dallas, CMC lead the 49ers to a SB well -   Boogie Basham James Cook Terrel Bernard AJ Epenessa and Matt Araiza’s lawsuit - these are the reasons we won’t.  Not counting on the 2022 rookies but they should have been expendable capital (trade up for Hall?  Pickens?) for this years team.  The future is now.  Ffs

They built this team they get all the credit in the world for turning it around.  

But the Miller contract was needed because Boogie and AJ weren’t enough and Groot was still an unknown.  Miller is 33.  We gave him that deal hoping for 2-3 years of great to elite production.  

Injuries NEED to be planned for.  They are INEVITABLE.  

You don’t want just 1 elite WR you need two.  You don’t want just one elite DE find a way to get 2.  You don’t just want one good RB you need 2.  Some of us were pounding the table for this all off season.    

Eagles 49ers Dolphins Bengals Chargers Vikings all understand this.  

What about the Chiefs?  They have the ultimate cheat code in Kelce.  But they’re as flawed currently as us - JuJu and “the others” are enough so long as Mahomes plays great.  If Mahomes is off they won’t win.  And he’s been great since they lost to us.  

Because our D is decimated, that’s us now.

Allen will need to catch fire for this team to win it all.  

This is a bit unfair. It is really rare for teams To have two all-pro defensive ends. I think the Bills’ plan B if Miller got injured was the young guns at end they invested a ton of high draft capital in. To me, that is acceptable planning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is a bit unfair. It is really rare for teams To have two all-pro defensive ends. I think the Bills’ plan B if Miller got injured was the young guns at end they invested a ton of high draft capital in. To me, that is acceptable planning. 

True I don’t disagree with our approach to DE at least.  Doesn’t excuse the AJ and Boogie picks but teams whiff.  My point about valuing those picks as if they’re sacred and to get more of them is for teams looking to rebuild imo.  For the “trade back” crowd.  

Hoping that your 2 are Groot and Miller is fine.  They have done a good job with D line depth.  Everywhere else is not the depth we thought - I’ll remain open to Davis needing more time.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

True I don’t disagree with our approach to DE at least.  Doesn’t excuse the AJ and Boogie picks but teams whiff.  My point about valuing those picks as if they’re sacred and to get more of them is for teams looking to rebuild imo.  For the “trade back” crowd.  

Hoping that your 2 are Groot and Miller is fine.  They have done a good job with D line depth.  Everywhere else is not the depth we thought - I’ll remain open to Davis needing more time.  

How can anyone say this?  We’re currently 8-3 (better record than last year) and we’ve had to rely on our depth players all over the field since week 1.   We’ve had day 1 starters miss multiple games at pretty much every position except QB and RB.   I would say our roster depth has been tremendous. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me that with IR only a minimum of 4 weeks they should put Von on it and bring up Mike Love full time.

Then if Von is ready, he would be eligible to come back for the Bengals and New England games to tune up for the playoffs.

If Love gets poached or he uses all his "call ups", they could get in trouble if there are any more injuries.

Or they could sign Love to the active roster and cut one of the useless linebackers who were easily replaced by picking up AJ Klein off the waiver wire, as an upgrade. 

I don't think we're at huge risk of Mike Love being signed by another team. Always possible, but he's been available around the league for several years now. 

• Agree 1

He’s on twitch again playing call of duty.  I heard him say the limited treatment he’s already had has helped and he’s hoping it’s 1-2 games and then he’ll give it a try.  So no reason to believe the gloom and doom just yet, we’ll see.  It’s give it a try vs good to go, so he really doesn’t know the season outlook.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

He’s on twitch again playing call of duty.  I heard him say the limited treatment he’s already had has helped and he’s hoping it’s 1-2 games and then he’ll give it a try.  So no reason to believe the gloom and doom just yet, we’ll see.  It’s give it a try vs good to go, so he really doesn’t know the season outlook.

Is this real?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.