Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

RB knocked it out of his hands. It was a good play by the opponent 

Yeah I was kidding.   Edmunds wouldn't even have been in position to see and catch the football.   He, unfortunately, has no nose for the football whatsoever.   And I'm not kidding about that, unfortunately.   He's made significant strides this year but he just doesn't have the processing speed to transition from hit it to get it like guys like Poyer and Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve never seen a sack turn into an interception either.  See you can play that coin on both sides.  

You want to fixate on what 5 or 6 more single plays a year, literally that’s what you’re complaining about, because if he had 4.5 sacks but got 6 more it would be 10.5 and you’d be begging to keep him.  Yet there are lots of people who get a few more sacks than Hughes but no where near the amount of pressures he had.  

I will take the guy who more frequently impacts the game over some guy who had a few more sacks but did very little else.

Sack numbers are grossly over rated.  Yes there are guys who pile them up and Frequently disrupt the game, but there a lot more who 7-10 sacks and suck outside of those few sacks.

Hughes was for us, and still is, a VERY good and disruptive DE that all opposing teams are forced to game plan for.  It’s not really even open for debate.  

Some sacks do result in fumbles. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I had a bucket handle tear back in 2014... The worst part was getting up from the toilet lol

If Von comes back this year then it doesnt seem like he'll be doing his Getting Off The Toilet sack celebration

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He has played with pretty much everyone besides Von. Rousseau was here last year, Epenesa was here, Oliver was here, you mean to tell me he would be that much different?

So, he goes from 3 sacks a year to 6 in this defense opposite Von. Whoopty doo. Give him a $50 million dollar deal. What are we doing?

Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips and Daquan Jones are what was missing the most for Jerry Hughes. If you go back and watch Hughes last couple of seasons here, he was applying pressure off the edge. Problem was the opposing QB was escaping through the middle of the line. IMO, Hughes would be a major upgrade over Epenesa for the playoff push. IMO, the Bills made bad decisions letting Klein and Hughes leave this season. Luckily they were able to get Klein back. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Success said:

Has anyone ever played a sport and "played through" a torn meniscus?

I'm wondering how much it will affect him.  Will he still be the guy we've seen to this point, which is at times dominating?  Is it just pain tolerance, or does it affect strength & quickness?

I think he still bring a ton to the table, even if he's not 100%. In a short period of time, he has become the heart & soul of this D. I think I'll be happy if he plays the rest of the season, even if it's not as effective.

The pain can linger get worse and never go away. Or, it can magically disappear overnight. Some say the meniscus tissue can actually regenerate and repair itself, faster with PRP. Some say it can’t. It’s a vast unknown. I’m hoping the fact he’s walking apparently without pain is a very good sign. If your meniscus is torn bad you are limping. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

Welp, that’s clear as mud.  

It sounds like it’s trending towards him missing a few games and coming back with a brace, but this team was apparently built on an ancient Indian burial ground, so we shall see. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Welp, that’s clear as mud.  

It sounds like it’s trending towards him missing a few games and coming back with a brace, but this team was apparently built on an ancient Indian burial ground, so we shall see. 

If he isn’t getting the surgery then he should sit and rehab until the playoffs then wear the brace

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

If he isn’t getting the surgery then he should sit and rehab until the playoffs then wear the brace

Agreed.  If he wants a few snaps against the Bengals and/or Pats to get comfortable, ok .. but bottom line is this offense needs to start doing what it’s capable of and hope the defense gets healthy.  We don’t need Von back until the Playoffs start. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IDK why if it’s just a torn meniscus they are talking about season ending knee surgery unless they are thinking of repairing it which is rare in this age group and takes months to heal.  He could have a scope, get that trimmed and be back in a month. It can be as simply as a 15 minute procedure in skilled hands.

In terms of Von playing, it’s mainly a pain tolerance thing but depends on how large the tear is. Think of the meniscus as a thin, smooth disk in between the upper and lower leg bones. Now it has a frayed edge that can get caught in the joint as the knee flexes and extends. If it’s small, it just may be a small click but every time it clicks the meniscus gets pinched and yanked which equals pain and inflammation. If it’s a large tear it can completely lock the joint which means urgent surgery to unlock it. Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, DJB said:

I agree. I think the 1 seed isn't happening, so we need to make sure we're in the playoffs and then take the hard road, which probably involves another trip to Arrowhead.

Fire them up with the underdog narrative and see if they can wreck some other teams' dreams

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree. I think the 1 seed isn't happening, so we need to make sure we're in the playoffs and then take the hard road, which probably involves another trip to Arrowhead.

Fire them up with the underdog narrative and see if they can wreck some other teams' dreams

If it were any team other than KC we were chasing, I’d say the 1 seed is wide open.  … unfortunately they are just so consistent and the AFCW is an absolute joke.  

Most frustrating aspect of the season, big picture speaking, is easily the fact that everyone hyped the AFCW for the entire division to fall on their face.. meanwhile, the AFCE becomes a gauntlet. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If it were any team other than KC we were chasing, I’d say the 1 seed is wide open.  … unfortunately they are just so consistent and the AFCW is an absolute joke.  

Most frustrating aspect of the season, big picture speaking, is easily the fact that everyone hyped the AFCW for the entire division to fall on their face.. meanwhile, the AFCE becomes a gauntlet. 

Hilarious in a completely unfunny way how before the season folks were arguing that the entire AFC West could make the playoffs and it turns out the Chiefs are yet again gifted a weak division, while the AFC East has four teams above .500 last week of November.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Hilarious in a completely unfunny way how before the season folks were arguing that the entire AFC West could make the playoffs and it turns out the Chiefs are yet again gifted a weak division, while the AFC East has four teams above .500 last week of November.

Which, along with the rest of the Bills opponents this year, could end up being a blessing in disguise.  The Bills are battle tested this season for sure.  No gimme games for the rest of the season or playoffs.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.