Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Yeah josh can turn back into playoff josh at any moment and we’re all worried about von for good reason but josh just refuses to not take a hit. The lions were going a little low on him and that last hit on his knee at the end of the game had me holding my breath. It just hasn’t been talked about much now cause there’s bigger problems, but this guy needs to slide it’s just ridiculous

Of course.........if he slides and that kick is 3 yards further back..........the same shaky Bass kick is then wide left.    

Allen has had to push the envelope because they tried to build a super defense instead of a super offense...........and to this point that approach has failed to yield top seed results.    

When you have the best football player in the league at QB you should take the shortest distance to greatness, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s 33 years old. 

And that’s the look I saw.  It wasn’t that he thought it was like a season ender - it was a look like “this is absolutely not what you want at my age.”

To the guy that posted the thread about whining about next year - yea sorry.  It was. 

We’re a playoff team no doubt.  The injuries have killed us.  But Allen will need to be January 2022 Allen for us to win it all.  

I’m not confident solely because we have a rookie OC.  But we’ll see.  

Lots of football (and injuries) left. Anything can happen. Kelce is 33 years old. Mahomes takes a ton of hits. Lamar Jackson had an ankle last December. Anything is possible. 

On one hand it's great news if he's not done for the year, but on the other he's likely going to miss the next 3 games which are all against the division and likely going to determine whether or not this team will be in the mix for the division title in the final few weeks or just playing for a WC spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

On one hand it's great news if he's not done for the year, but on the other he's likely going to miss the next 3 games which are all against the division and likely going to determine whether or not this team will be in the mix for the division title in the final few weeks or just playing for a WC spot.

You must be confident in your Dolphins against the Texans this week?

With all the injuries the Bills have had this year, I think it would be a minor miracle if we get into the playoffs at all. With all these key injuries, I just want to get into the playoffs period. I don't care about what seed or if we have any home field advantage. Just make it in. Hopefully most if not all the injured, including Miller, will return for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He has 8 sacks….playing on a crappy D.  He never played alongside The current DL.  You’re just a guy that looks at box scores to determine worth.  Worthless

He has had no more than 4.5 sacks in his last 3 years with us. He's having a good year this year. Does that mean his previous years with us which he did next to nothing should be ignored?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

He has had no more than 4.5 sacks in his last 3 years with us. He's having a good year this year. Does that mean his previous years with us which he did next to nothing should be ignored?

No.  

It means that hes never played this this group of DTs and opposite Von Miller before……. O

it means that his sack totals from years past don’t mean that he wouldn’t have more this year.  He’s always been one of the better pass rushers in the league, regardless of his sack total.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Maybe you failed to notice that Hughes was amongst the league leaders in QB pressures during that time too, something that is as important as sacks because it forces bad throws, creates turnovers, etc etc.  

Just tracking sacks is a poor barometer for evaluating the play of a DE. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On 11/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Limeaid said:

Rule about threads related to game do not apply to YoYo right?

given the fact that you are not a moderator, I’m gonna go ahead and say that you have no idea what the rules actually are. I have actually clarified this many many many times and given to the fact that you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about then maybe you should not comment on these things. How about that?

If I need to give an obvious explanation to the busybodies who can’t help themselves from playing hall monitor, things that happened in the game that are of importance beyond the game are 100% reasonable topics. Miller’s injury would be one of them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.