Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its wild how many people here think the #1 seed is “whatever”. 

It’s essentially a guaranteed W in WC Weekend and home field throughout.  It’s a massive boost… and Mahomes has literally never played a road playoff game. 

It’s likely going to take winning out, because I don’t see a loss on KC’s schedule.   They’ve been healthy in key spots and don’t have the dramatic swings we do.  

Odds say they’ll drop one, but I definitely don’t see two, absent an injury to Mahomes or Kelce. 

Yes, but neither SB participant last year was the number 1 seed. So it’s certainly not the end all be all.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s essentially a guaranteed W in WC Weekend and home field throughout.  It’s a massive boost… and Mahomes has literally never played a road playoff game. 

It’s likely going to take winning out, because I don’t see a loss on KC’s schedule.   They’ve been healthy in key spots and don’t have the dramatic swings we do.  

Odds say they’ll drop one, but I definitely don’t see two, absent an injury to Mahomes or Kelce. 

I'll guarantee every Bills coach and player wants the bye.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I hope we get Von back for the playoffs as a healthy weapon. Did anyone else notice AJ Klein yesterday? He was on fire. Played a great game for us. I always liked him but man, yesterday he made 3 plays that were drive stopping. Romo commented, or started to before being cutoff, that Klein is underrated. Good to have him back on a D that is banged up. Now if we could only get rid of Hamlin somehow.... He costs the Bills too many plays.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Google lateral meniscus tear and you see 4-6 weeks which puts Miller back Week 16 to Round 1 of playoffs. Could have been worse. Hopefully he comes back for the playoff run.

He’s 33 years old. 

And that’s the look I saw.  It wasn’t that he thought it was like a season ender - it was a look like “this is absolutely not what you want at my age.”

To the guy that posted the thread about whining about next year - yea sorry.  It was. 

We’re a playoff team no doubt.  The injuries have killed us.  But Allen will need to be January 2022 Allen for us to win it all.  

I’m not confident solely because we have a rookie OC.  But we’ll see.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s 33 years old. 

And that’s the look I saw.  It wasn’t that he thought it was like a season ender - it was a look like “this is absolutely not what you want at my age.”

To the guy that posted the thread about whining about next year - yea sorry.  It was. 

We’re a playoff team no doubt.  The injuries have killed us.  But Allen will need to be January 2022 Allen for us to win it all.  

I’m not confident solely because we have a rookie OC.  But we’ll see.  

As long as Allen is healthy .. he can turn that on.  

Teams defend differently when Allen is running all over the place.  

Red Zone is different when Allen is running draws and sweeps.  

Obviously we cannot make a habit of doing that all year .. and so far, Dorsey has not shown the answer for when we need to run a normal offense. 

However, in the Playoffs, those restraints come off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Apples to Oranges but I went through something similar a few months ago (July). I thought for sure it was the MCL but turns out I had a bone bruise (which is basically a cracked bone). Took like 2-3 months to recover (had to get a cortisone shot). I hope it's just a sprain... also hope that the Bills get completely healthy like the week before the playoffs start lol

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m hoping that we finally stop believing that these on line orthopedists are no better than Joe from Cheektowaga at guessing injuries. 

People swear they have good track records, and maybe they do … but this is 0/2 on the Bills star injuries.  

Chao, who so many on Twitter simp for, had Von with an ACL and Allen with a serious UCL injury that could be a season ender with invocations of Tommy John surgery.  

29 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Based on my evaluation of the injury from my Barcalounger at the house yesterday, I believe that Von has injured his "leg bone" which we all know is connected to both his "hip bone" and his "foot bone."  I suffered this same injury while playing full contact tiddlywinks in 1987 when I was a student athlete on full scholarship at the prestigious University of Beijing Polytechnic Online. 

Thank God I have a high pain tolerance and was able to control my unrelenting agony with just some black tar heroin and Tiger Balm ointment.  I was back on the pitch in just a couple of weeks.  Of course, it took a lot longer to recover from this injury back then before the advent of Copper Socks which are arguably the greatest advance in medical science in the last hundred years.   

If Von has half the pain tolerance I have, I don't think he will miss any time at all.

you had me at Barcalounger...

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah josh can turn back into playoff josh at any moment and we’re all worried about von for good reason but josh just refuses to not take a hit. The lions were going a little low on him and that last hit on his knee at the end of the game had me holding my breath. It just hasn’t been talked about much now cause there’s bigger problems, but this guy needs to slide it’s just ridiculous

Edited by BillsSbSoon

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I would welcome Epenesa back right now.

I'm really hoping that Rousseau is getting healthy and will be back soon.

Need Rousseau to come back. Epenesa is dog poop.

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

A bye and playing at home is huge. Point well taken even though many can point to what happened last year. 

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As long as Allen is healthy .. he can turn that on.  

Teams defend differently when Allen is running all over the place.  

Red Zone is different when Allen is running draws and sweeps.  

Obviously we cannot make a habit of doing that all year .. and so far, Dorsey has not shown the answer for when we need to run a normal offense. 

However, in the Playoffs, those restraints come off. 

I agree, it’s just frustrating to watch some of these other teams with vastly inferior QB’s have OC’s that can dial up some nice high percentage plays and do some creative things to move the chains, and we don’t seem to have any of that. 

We’re ultimately 8-3 because Josh is one of the best, but Dorsey has done far from maximizing what he has to work with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

White played yesterday if I’m not mistaken, although I was quite inebriated so who knows  

Strange because White came back on the style turf that he got hurt on. Only 6 other teams use split-film turf and as of November 6th, the Player's Union wants it immediately ripped out and replaced.  Ford Field uses it also.

Weird White returned on it! Then 2 more go down! Ankles and knees!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nflpa-president-calls-for-immediate-replacement-and-ban-of-slit-film-turf-among-other-player-safety-measures/

• Angry 1

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s not about that, you’ve missed the point entirely. 

People you are referring by to are saying they’d rather be a healthy mid seed than a banged up 1 seed.

We've seen this roster fire on all cylinders. That’s the priority. Full stop. Get the team back to that place and it won’t matter if we are the 7th seed. 

Risking the roster health to be a banged up 1 seed is worse than being a 100% 5 seed. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

No. You. Are. If. You. Want. His. 2 or 3 sacks. A. Year. He. Got. With. Us. You. Are. The. Clueless. One

He has 8 sacks….playing on a crappy D.  He never played alongside The current DL.  You’re just a guy that looks at box scores to determine worth.  Worthless

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Need Rousseau to come back. Epenesa is dog poop.

A bye and playing at home is huge. Point well taken even though many can point to what happened last year. 

You're satisfied with having Basham, Lawson & Mike Love as our DE group?

I'll be glad when Epenesa is back.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.