Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Every training camp we read reports of Epenesa having good days and being unblockable at times. It never translates to the season though. He’s just out there doing cardio.

Basham and Epenesa are both busts. I don't need to see anymore games to confirm that. Just disappointed we didn't draft OL to help Josh with those 2 picks. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Basham and Epenesa are both busts. I don't need to see anymore games to confirm that. Just disappointed we didn't draft OL to help Josh with those 2 picks. 

It’s funny, because at draft time I read that Rousseau was a reach and Basham was a steal. Now it seems that Rousseau could have been top ten and Basham in the mid rounds.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Or instead of a special teams lb in round 3, or pass catching RB we don't use in round 2. 

Maybe next year is the year we finally spend some high draft picks on the o line/WR ...

1 minute ago, Process said:

Or instead of a special teams lb in round 3, or pass catching RB we don't use in round 2. 

Maybe next year is the year we finally spend some high draft picks on the o line/WR ...

Doubt it. Despite all the wasted picks on the defense, we will draft a safety most likely in round 1 and ignore the offense. All those wasted picks on D. Epenesa, Basham, and especially Bernard. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a runner where meniscus tears are the most common runner knee injury (other than your normal runner's knee/IT band issues which are issues with inflammation).  Now running on a meniscus tear (pounding affect), vs sharp cuts in football are very different, but for runners a meniscus tear has 2 outcomes:

1. surgery to remove the torn flap that is hindering movement.  FOR A RUNNER this keeps them from running for about a month.

2. more commonly, no surgery is needed (this has happened this year to both my wife an myself) and running can resume as soon as it settles down.

Football movement is a lot different than running, but, hopefully it's the same timeframe if Von "only" has a meniscus tear.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Google lateral meniscus tear and you see 4-6 weeks which puts Miller back Week 16 to Round 1 of playoffs. Could have been worse. Hopefully he comes back for the playoff run.

yeah hope this is the case. Just get him back

fpr the playoffs. Sucks this happened. 

Just now, wppete said:

yeah hope this is the case. Just get him back

fpr the playoffs. Sucks this happened. 

Just another reason for us to go get the #1 seed and get that lone bye. I’m moving all chips on the table and pulling out all stops. We beat Baltimore, Tennessee and KC - so tie break scenario works. Just need to focus on whooping the Patriots, and mowing down AFC East, Chicago & Cincy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...and where has it been said that shutting him down for the regular season would mean that he would be ready to go come playoff time?  

The TSW doctors are always good for a laugh in every injury thread.

Based on my evaluation of the injury from my Barcalounger at the house yesterday, I believe that Von has injured his "leg bone" which we all know is connected to both his "hip bone" and his "foot bone."  I suffered this same injury while playing full contact tiddlywinks in 1987 when I was a student athlete on full scholarship at the prestigious University of Beijing Polytechnic Online. 

Thank God I have a high pain tolerance and was able to control my unrelenting agony with just some black tar heroin and Tiger Balm ointment.  I was back on the pitch in just a couple of weeks.  Of course, it took a lot longer to recover from this injury back then before the advent of Copper Socks which are arguably the greatest advance in medical science in the last hundred years.   

If Von has half the pain tolerance I have, I don't think he will miss any time at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Just another reason for us to go get the #1 seed and get that lone bye. I’m moving all chips on the table and pulling out all stops. We beat Baltimore, Tennessee and KC - so tie break scenario works. Just need to focus on whooping the Patriots, and mowing down AFC East, Chicago & Cincy. 

Its wild how many people here think the #1 seed is “whatever”. 

It’s essentially a guaranteed W in WC Weekend and home field throughout.  It’s a massive boost… and Mahomes has literally never played a road playoff game. 

It’s likely going to take winning out, because I don’t see a loss on KC’s schedule.   They’ve been healthy in key spots and don’t have the dramatic swings we do.  

Odds say they’ll drop one, but I definitely don’t see two, absent an injury to Mahomes or Kelce. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.