Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

All I can say is that the team not immediately declaring it an ACL is a win in my book.  Here's to cautious optimism.

Same as josh.  They'd know if he was done and it would have leaked.  Guessing mild.  4 - 6 weeks.  Hey.  I was right about josh. Ha

He will be at Josh's right now with tequila and will be just fine. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm

Isn’t a sprain a nicer way of saying a minor tear? I remember watching an NFL player/analyst talking about it. It’s a significant injury. 

1 hour ago, vanhalen26 said:

Friggin Detroit turf!

That turf looked awful. What a joke for a multi billion dollar business. 

32 minutes ago, Lost said:

Sick of these MDs pre diagnosing the worst possible scenario without seeing any MRIs Xrays etc.  I swear some of them just do it for clicks

And Josh was going to be out at lest 4 weeks and possibly need Tommy John surgery ...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He gave his professional opinion. He didn't diagnose anything. What are you talking about? 

that we can’t handle the difference between “the video suggests” and “that guy definitely tore” may be as much an “us” problem 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gonna go ahead with this thread mid-game for obvious reasons . 

This guy is a very good sports medicine Dr   He’s right  the tibia is held from sliding  forward relative to the femur by throwing ACL   The knee bends , slides before there is much congsct after von plants and tries pushing forward at an angle  He knows  what an acl feels like , and his concern , disappointment pretty much tells us he prob felt it pop  The medial stress happens as the play finishes  It would be a real lucky blessing if it’s just an mcl , but I’m afraid the Dr is right  probably an acl and this snake bitten year continues

It’s ironic how much talk there was about players complaining about this stadiums turf and incidence of acl injuries  Despite the record , this season is turning in to one to forget   Can’t replace talent like Hyde, Miller, white, poyer ( who is not.100%). Add Josh with his suboptimal arm , Morse and groot , and edmunds , Davis all sub optimal and a promising season is being derailed

I can’t remember a season like this ; most talented , perhaps most injured roster in recent memory !  Cowboys may be headed to face KC in the SB    Bills had a hard time getting sacks with Von, as epenesa , boogie are average  Oliver , groot , Milano are our best finishers, and not  sure that’s enough  or Frazier will change and rush more guys   That worked on Geoff today  Wish von the best  or he might not be active till mid next year  Going to draft  another DE this year! 🥲

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

They usually know immediately if it’s an ACL year.  If it’s a sprained MCL, I would say 2-6 weeks.  It sucks but could be worse 

Pretty sure with Tre White, they didn’t confirm ACL until the next morning. We all feared it though. 

Von looked pretty p!ssed as he was headed off in the cart. That look alone makes me worry that it is an ACL injury and he knows it. Hope I’m wrong.  We can’t afford to be without Von. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Pretty crazy….. we’ve been so lucky in recent years, suffering minimal injuries (minus Tre).  This year has been a debacle.  Not because of the roster.  Not because of the coaching (although the jury is still out on Dorsey).  But because of injuries.  

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Pretty sure with Tre White, they didn’t confirm ACL until the next morning. We all feared it though. 

Von looked pretty p!ssed as he was headed off in the cart. That look alone makes me worry that it is an ACL injury and he knows it. Hope I’m wrong.  We can’t afford to be without Von. 

this is different. Pretty much every talking heads knew it was a season ended for Tre. The next day just confirmed it. This isn’t being reported the way Tre’s injury was last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

F**k all of the video docs diagnosing injuries. I’ll wait for the real thing. 

I understand, however medicine is based on years of educated guessing , observation , and most injuries have similar mechanisms responsible for their pathology. For example, if you see a guy coughing badly with sputum or shortness of breath , it’s a realistic bet a pneumonia is POSSIBLE!  These guys have years of experience and let’s face it , acl tears have common signs and symptoms.and stresses that cause them. Of course no one can DIAGNOSE it 100% correctly without an imaging study , mri in this case. But he is a board certified Dr in sports medicine. That’s all he does. Acl tears and ankle injuries are the most common sports injuries.  That’s like saying a pediatrician can’t recognize a diaper rash! , or a dentist  can’t recognize a cavity. Or a gynecologist can’t recognize a ,,,,well you get the point!   But just a dr saying it doesn’t make it fact !😊

I’m as upset as you are but no reason to shoot the messenger. Could he be wrong , could von  just have a lax ACL and this is just a partial tear or sprain of the MCL only.?  Yes , but sadly the odds don’t favor that. Your tibia is not supposed to slide forward and back relative to the femur. Add in Vons dismay ( a guy I have not seen without a smile even after a loss ) and it seems reasonable to make a very educated guess. This is not Romo adding his opinion. This rash of injuries is unbelievable. I don’t know how , but if the Bills overcome losing two pro bowl leaders on D ( hyde and von) , it might be their greatest coaching season in Bills history!  Mcd , Frazier, Dorsey all have to be almost perfect going forward. No time to feel sorry , it is what it is and we are back in a familiar role , UNDERDOGS! Go Bills, SOMEHOW MAKE IT HAPPEN! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

At this point I am seeing a run to the SuperBowl like the Giants with Eli. They were banged up and playing mediocre football most of the year only to get hot and healthy and make a SB run.  Except Hyde it looks like we may get everybody back by end of season.  

Hyde might come back, didn’t you hear?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.