Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you normally have to wait for the swelling to go down? However, the fact that he was seen walking around without an ice pack on his knee is encouraging.

I believe for an MRI you do. They’ll need one of those to determine extent of ( hopefully) sprain . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

While everyone was screaming Tommy John for Josh Allen, my brother (physical therapist) was pretty convinced it was a low grade UCL and he’d likely miss 1-4 games… but as we know, Josh is an absolute freak. 

He’s pretty convinced that was an MCL due to the inward bend of his knee by force.  Just have to see the extent.   

Typically teams have an idea of if it may be an ACL by doing stability tests on the sideline.  The fact “cautiously optimistic” is being reported seems like they, at least, didn’t have the typical giveaway when doing initial tests.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, chongli said:

Saw all this stuff too.  

So we basically have:

1.  The "online doctors" claiming it's likely ACL based on watching videos.

2.  Rappaport saying it's most likely a sprain (based on his sources that had to come from someone close to the Bills team as opposed to someone watching a video) 

So I guess I'll be cautiously optimistic too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

Sick of these MDs pre diagnosing the worst possible scenario without seeing any MRIs Xrays etc.  I swear some of them just do it for clicks

I agree with us. I think that there, but should be repercussions for trying to be the first one out there to report the worst possible bad news and being right if you’re wrong, it should go on your yelp reviews

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.