Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, familykwi said:

This wasn't a non-contact injury.  This isn't a turf issue, it's a guy rolled up behind me issue.

The video shows his foot was planted in the turf at the same time. It's disgusting that the billionaires who own these teams don't pay to keep their multimillion dollar investments healthy.

Since nothing definitive has been reported, the only thing I've seen so far is Miller's demeanor after the injury and on the cart.  I get the sense that Miller is an athlete that probably understands his body very well, and for a guy that claims to "find the positives in everything" he looked REALLY glum.  Almost as if... it was something he couldn't put a positive spin on.  Again, that's really all I can possibly go off of from what we've seen, but it wasn't a good look :(

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Since nothing definitive has been reported, the only thing I've seen so far is Miller's demeanor after the injury and on the cart.  I get the sense that Miller is an athlete that probably understands his body very well, and for a guy that claims to "find the positives in everything" he looked REALLY glum.  Almost as if... it was something he couldn't put a positive spin on.  Again, that's really all I can possibly go off of from what we've seen, but it wasn't a good look :(

I mean, what’s the positive spin on “definitely out til January but maybe next November”

he’s allowed to take that range serious and not be thrilled about it. Even best case sucks for the guy and he couldn’t rule out the worst.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, what’s the positive spin on “definitely out til January but maybe next November”

he’s allowed to take that range serious and not be thrilled about it. Even best case sucks for the guy and he couldn’t rule out the worst.

Yeah I don't know.  When that's all there is to go off of right now (besides the video itself) it's easy to potentially overthink the situation,  but it definitely left a bad impression, and I know it wasn't just me picking up on that, so I guess we will see.    Hoping it's a sprain & fingers crossed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.