Tre White is ACTIVE for today's game!

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Isn't it usually from a cadaver?

My son tore his ACL and we were given three options. Cadaver was one of them, but despite being treated there is no guarantee you won’t catch whatever the cadaver might have been carrying. The second option was part of your own patella tendon, but this can have significant negative residual effects on the patella. The third option was using part of your hamstring. The hamstring again has the advantage of coming from your own body so there is no introduction of foreign material/disease. They say it heals long term with fewer side effects than using the patella. 

We went out of state to get the best possible advice and surgery and chose the hamstring for his surgery. We were relieved to hear that Tiger Woods had his ACL surgery the same day as our son and he also used the hamstring. I’m sure he had good advice. Having said that, I’m not sure to what extent this may or may not leave the hamstring susceptible to pulls or other injuries and for how long. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.