Tre White is ACTIVE for today's game!

Allen2Diggs

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Seems like the game plan was to stretch him out, Defense on the field first, get him a series or two and call it a day.

He’s not a pitcher. He shouldn’t have dressed if he couldn’t go more than a few snaps. This is football, it’s not his personal preseason, and that kind of coddling handicaps the D. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

So I didn’t notice Tre out there during the first two series, which I guess is a good thing. Does anyone know if they even threw his way, or was he even involved in any of the plays?

I think he played the either the first play or the first series and they didn't throw at him. But I never heard or saw him again after the intro.

4 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I think he played the either the first play or the first series and they didn't throw at him. But I never heard or saw him again after the intro.

He played 15 snaps on defense, according to official folks on Twitter.

Seems like the goal was to build his confidence, as they have been doing. Now they’ll have him on tape and he’ll be able to see himself competing in an NFL game without limitations. It’s not ideal, you’d like him to be fully ready to go, especially with our CBs struggling, but at least he got out there for a series. I’d expect them to build on that next Thursday.

15 hours ago, billrooter said:

As far as I know Elam was out like last week?

According to a site called lineups.com, Elam played 21 snaps and Tre 16. I only noticed Tre on the first drive and noticed Elam only once which was in the 4th quarter. I don’t know how accurate that site is but those numbers are more encouraging than I initially thought.

15 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Seems like the goal was to build his confidence, as they have been doing. Now they’ll have him on tape and he’ll be able to see himself competing in an NFL game without limitations. It’s not ideal, you’d like him to be fully ready to go, especially with our CBs struggling, but at least he got out there for a series. I’d expect them to build on that next Thursday.

It’s pretty obvious now what the plan was. Give him a training camp and preseason games. Camp lasts 6 weeks, White practiced 6 weeks before playing. Preseason game is typically 1-2 series, White played 2 series. 

We should expect White to play a quarter or into the 2nd quarter vs NE. Then after that I think he gets a full game.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

White is the best corner I’ve ever seen in a Bills uniform. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Too young to have experienced the Leodis McKelvin era?

Robert James.

Ironically, a knee injury in the '70s ended his career way too soon. Tre is lucky to be playing in the era that he is or he may have suffered a similar fate.

18 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

White is the best corner I’ve ever seen in a Bills uniform. 

Antoine Winnfield, Nate Odomes are up there too.

It is interesting that Stephon Gilmore, who will probably go down as one of the greatest corners of this era, is rarely mentioned as a Bills great, by Bills fans. He spent the first five years of his career with us.

Edited by Buftex

On 11/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

It's easy to say but they're doing the right thing imo.

Does anyone know what they used for the graft? Was that ever announced? My son used his hamstring for the surgery and there IS some trauma there as well. I won’t pretend to know if that would have any effect at this point, but it makes me wonder. 

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Was just coming to post the same thing haha...

Good sign...he looked like he was moving pretty well on that one and I didn't hear his name get called which is never a bad sign on D.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:23 PM, Augie said:

Does anyone know what they used for the graft? Was that ever announced? My son used his hamstring for the surgery and there IS some trauma there as well. I won’t pretend to know if that would have any effect at this point, but it makes me wonder. 

Isn't it usually from a cadaver?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.