Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am probably beating a dead horse, but Klein was just really solid on Thursday. What a great pickup, especially after Dodson has shown himself to be horrendous. 

It’s a good thing timing wise too, as NE is pretty good running the ball. The Bills will need him if they’re going to win this game. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

was surprised to see how poorly Bernard did in coverage against Cleveland. I thought that would be his strength. 

? Bernard only played 5 defensive snaps vs. Cleveland and didn't stand out to me - I assume he was in on run plays in 4-3.

What did you see and dislike?

13 hours ago, boyst said:

This is the only real place worth posting but the injuries we just got and have had...

Von Miller will be out at least 4 weeks. Maybe 6. That puts him back at the playoffs.

Tre needs another few weeks to be full speed, Edmunds and Rosseau will be full speed in 2-3 weeks. Poyer should be healed up.

And the way people talk we could see Hyde back for the playoffs.

On offense Dawkins and Morse will be healthy in a few weeks. Even Boettger could be ready to go before the end of the season. There is reason to believe Kumerow and Crowder make it back this post season, too.

The injuries yesterday aren't terrible. They just suck. 

It's great guys seem to be getting healthier. However, I can't help but think who's next to get hurt? That's just the way it's been this year. 

Beg to differ about the injuries that occurred in the Lions game. How could you not think losing Von for 4 to 6 weeks at best isn't terrible? There still is a chance he may be out longer, how effective will he be If he returns?, etc...

I'm sorry that more than sucks in my eyes. 

14 minutes ago, Airseven said:

He can’t run. Has to be one of Beane’s worst and most perplexing picks.

The Bills could have picked him 2 rounds later. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am probably beating a dead horse, but Klein was just really solid on Thursday. What a great pickup, especially after Dodson has shown himself to be horrendous. 

It’s pretty wild how bad our second/third string linebackers were that Klein could come in essentially off the street and take all Bernard/Dodson’s snaps lol

i cant believe people were calling for us to leave the nickel and put both those guys on the field at the same time when edmunds or Milano were hurt.  

im definitely more willing than most to give Frazier some benefit of the doubt depending on how the rest of the season goes

big negative for beane thinking the depth at lb would be ok but a bit of a positive for picking up Klein to somewhat remedy the situation 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

? Bernard only played 5 defensive snaps vs. Cleveland and didn't stand out to me - I assume he was in on run plays in 4-3.

maybe I am Being too harsh on him. On multiple snaps, he looked like he was stuck in mud on coverage. Just didn’t move at all in his zone or have any feel, and let guys get wide open with very little resistance. 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think Bernard and Dodson get lumped together because they have similar first names and they are both playing poorly lol 

dodson played every snap against Cleveland 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

maybe I am Being too harsh on him. On multiple snaps, he looked like he was stuck in mud on coverage. Just didn’t move at all in his zone or have any feel, and let guys get wide open with very little resistance. 

Are you sure you're not confusing Bernard and Dodson?  Because like I said, against Cleveland Bernard's "multiple snaps" totaled....5 snaps all game.

Bernard's chance to look ghastly occurred earlier in the season, filling in for Milano against the Jets.  I can't say he looked like he was stuck in mud to me, but he got  beaten at times and when he got to the right place at the right time, he got trucked sometimes.

Now Dodson, and maybe this is what you mean by "stuck in mud", doesn't seem able to read his keys and react fast enough.  He's either making the wrong choice, or he's delaying his choice.  Part of this is an effect of minimal actual playing time. It's different watching film vs. actually seeing it in real time.  But whether his processing time would speed up with more game time, or whether he'd stay slow, can't tell you.  I'm sure the zero starting reps before going into the Vikes game, and the abnormal week with only one actual practice before the Browns game, didn't help, because I did think Dodson looked better earlier this season when he got the start against the Steelers.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think Bernard and Dodson get lumped together because they have similar first names and they are both playing poorly lol 

dodson played every snap against Cleveland 

Dodson played every snap for Edmunds, but Bernard came in for 5 snaps in "base"

I hadn't thought about the similar first names

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.