Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Already down multiple starters, we lose Dawkins and Miller today. The defense struggled a bit at times, especially on 3rd downs again, but Oliver and Jones had big games. The offense struggled at times to get anything going. Even still, Josh and Diggs flipped the switch when needed and we got a huge victory against a scrappy Lions team that had won 3 on a row. We're 8-3 and it's on to New England. 

• Agree 1

The AfterGlow:

1. Miller and Dawkins going down takes the shine off of this one.

2. Dane Jackson really, really needs to turn his head around on coverages.

3. That throw..  OMG...  That throw.  Triple coverage..  

4. Another brutal red zone turn over.

5. When it mattered most Josh delivered.

6. I sat in stunned silence when Bass missed the XP.  Turned into a blessing in disguise.

7. Oliver played one of his best games as a pro.  The safety was such an enormous play in the game.

8. There was a McKenzie game plan today, but curiously not a Knox one.

9. The OLINE is a M*A*S*H unit again

10. I would imagine folks in Miami had their Thanksgiving ruined.

11. Sunday -- Bills Win, Tuesday -- Sabres Win, Wednesday -- Sabres Win, Thursday -- Bills Win...  Nice week.

12. On to NE..  Hopefully with Edmunds and Rousseau and Morse back...

• Like (+1) 10

You can tell the way this team responded with 2 Dubs meant a lot to McD. I don't think I ever saw him that emotional in a post game talk with the team...

That bit about the Victory Friday between him and Allen at the end is hilarious...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1595895153801146368

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, wjag said:

The AfterGlow:

6. I sat in stunned silence when Bass missed the XP.  Turned into a blessing in disguise.

7. Oliver played one of his best games as a pro.  The safety was such an enormous play in the game.

11. Sunday -- Bills Win, Tuesday -- Sabres Win, Wednesday -- Sabres Win, Thursday -- Bills Win...  Nice week.

I take issue with blaming Josh for Red Zone turnover.   Tipped pass on a wide open RPO slant for a TD. It happens.  

As for Knox was helping with Hutchinson and when Dawkins left in 1st half had to help Quessenbury at LT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

I take issue with blaming Josh for Red Zone turnover.   Tipped pass on a wide open RPO slant for a TD. It happens.  

As for Knox was helping with Hutchinson and when Dawkins left in 1st half had to help Quessenbury at LT

I didn't blame Josh.. 

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I'm not sure how anyone who saw that can blame Allen for making that throw. The OLine needs to get their hands down and not let them get up to block it.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can tell the way this team responded with 2 Dubs meant a lot to McD. I don't think I ever saw him that emotional in a post game talk with the team...

That bit about the Victory Friday between him and Allen at the end is hilarious...

Love this team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure how anyone who saw that can blame Allen for making that throw. The OLine needs to get their hands down and not let them get up to block it.

I thought it was a TD the second it left his hand.  Couldn’t believe it ended up a pick.  

Definitely think teams are scouting us very well in the red zone.  We run that so much … seemed like another one of those plays that the defense recognized what was going to happen from jump. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Good win by the Buffalo Bills today considering the two games back to back in Detroit with the injuries the Bills currently have in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Do you realize that the Lions were playing with their best CB and 2nd and 3rd string oline men? The Lions defense had been exploited by most teams they have played. The Bills offense struggled against their defense. What is Bills offensive identity? 

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

This only happens because Dorsey is more predictable than my teenage girl telling me she will be home by 8.

His play calling is a problem. I’m Joe Average Football Guy and seeing that formation at that time I knew exactly what was coming, so the Lions definitely did. 

Dorsey is a problem especially in the red zone. I don’t care what the stats say, Josh Allen is making him look better than his garbage play calls.

The Lions LBs are absolutely atrocious in coverage and we had nothing over the middle yet again. Knox in the seam? Nope. McKenzie on a short option? Nope. Couple of dump offs to Cook which he botched, that was about it. Where was Hines? He should have feasted today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

This only happens because Dorsey is more predictable than my teenage girl telling me she will be home by 8.

His play calling is a problem. I’m Joe Average Football Guy and seeing that formation at that time I knew exactly what was coming, so the Lions definitely did. 

Dorsey is a problem especially in the red zone. I don’t care what the stats say, Josh Allen is making him look better than his garbage play calls.

The Lions LBs are absolutely atrocious in coverage and we had nothing over the middle yet again. Knox in the seam? Nope. McKenzie on a short option? Nope. Couple of dump offs to Cook which he botched, that was about it. Where was Hines? He should have feasted today.

And they still won 

and can still improve 

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Actually brought a tear to my eyes. It was amazingly authentic. Hard not to like McD as a person. 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you realize that the Lions were playing with their best CB and 2nd and 3rd string oline men? The Lions defense had been exploited by most teams they have played. The Bills offense struggled against their defense. What is Bills offensive identity? 

Wait I'm confused so the Bills have injuries to, missing there starting center and then losing there starting left tackle for most of the game. So imo the injuries were a wash. The Bills found a way to win, plain and simple. People can nit pick all they want but a win is a win sorry if that upsets you or anyone else.

• Agree 6

30 minutes ago, wjag said:

The AfterGlow:

Re the red zone turnover, that was a really good and someone flukey play by the LB on that RPO. Diggs was wide open too on that. I re-watched it and I guess the right read would have been for Josh to hand it off there. But I think the LB just made an insane play there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.