Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Subjective.  Chargers have avgeraged 22.7 ppg on the season and are 5-5.  I'll believe they might be a threat in the playoffs if they actually get there and win a game.  Personally I think Herbert is over rated.  He makes some nice wow throws but he doesnt seem to have any dawg in him.  Gotta have the dawg.  The desire to win.  I just dont see it.  

I see a guy that is mechanically sound and has a good arm but again, no dawg. He is pretty much a statue back there with not much mobility.  When he does run he Kyle Ortons it.  Multiple times I seen him slide a yard short of the first down with guys still 2 yards a way with the game on the line.

Im not saying he is a bad QB. He is very very good.  I cant call him elite.  He has an elite throw but I dont think he has an elite game.  Just my opinion.  Some would agree. Probably more wont.  Thats ok.

I agree with pretty much everything you stated. Herbert is a QB that fills a stat sheet up, but it's all useless as his team never accomplishes anything. I've watched him on several occasions and acknowledge he's a good QB, but I've never seen much fight or dawg in him. So similar to Allen in metrics, yet so far away in the intangibles. 42 starts in and he still has a losing record and zero playoff appearances.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chargers have been hit with the injury bug perhaps worse than Buffalo. Herbert was out for games and played hurt, Allen was out forever, Williams always banged up, and Bosa out for 8-10 weeks. I find it hypocritical to give the Bills a pass for injuries but not the Chargers. That gives merit to the great job the Bills team and coaches are doing finding ways to win. However, those injuries the Chargers have suffered would be in line with having Diggs, Davis Von Miller, and Allen out. Point being the Chargers list their number 1 and 2 receivers and their best pass rusher for significant amounts of time. It's hard to win with those injuries. 

Not sure why or where the lack of dog in Herbert comes from. I see a very good QB that most teams would be happy to start their roster with. Perhaps we are just spoiled by having Allen. I'm here in SD and watch all their games. Herbert is as tough as nails. He isn't afraid to stand in the pocket take a hit and fire the ball. Herbert is developing and a very good QB. I think the Chargers have a sub par coach, never play a home, and have a losing culture. Herbert is anything but the problem in SD. I know you didn't say that. 

Maybe you haven't watched all their games? Because Justin Herbert hasn't missed any games this year and has played in every game of his career since he was named the starter in week 2 of his rookie year.

The injuries for both teams cancel each other out, at best. Buffalo has had 23 full games and at least 4 partial games lost to just All-Pro players. That doesn't count all their other injuries. 

Herbert is a great stats guy, but his play doesn't have an equal impact on the team's performance and the results. So many QBs in this league impact the game and their team's performance more than Herbert does. When I look at him I see Allen, when I watch him I don't see anything close to Allen. Little fight & dawg in him. With Allen also being injured this year, their injuries are a wash. Yet 1 QB is 8-3 & the other is 5-5.

Injuries could be a partial reason for the struggles this year, but it hasn't been limited to just this year, it's been his whole career to date. For how great his stats are, after 42 starts, he still has a losing record(20-22), zero playoff appearances and is in jeopardy of missing out on the playoffs again this year. The Chargers are 1 of those teams that is supposed to be great every year and year they end up below average. A top notch QB doesn't let that happen year after year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree with pretty much everything you stated. Herbert is a QB that fills a stat sheet up, but it's all useless as his team never accomplishes anything. I've watched him on several occasions and acknowledge he's a good QB, but I've never seen much fight or dawg in him. So similar to Allen in metrics, yet so far away in the intangibles. 42 starts in and he still has a losing record and zero playoff appearances.

Maybe you haven't watched all their games? Because Justin Herbert hasn't missed any games this year and has played in every game of his career since he was named the starter in week 2 of his rookie year.

The injuries for both teams cancel each other out, at best. Buffalo has had 23 full games and at least 4 partial games lost to just All-Pro players. That doesn't count all their other injuries. 

Herbert is a great stats guy, but his play doesn't have an equal impact on the team's performance and the results. So many QBs in this league impact the game and their team's performance more than Herbert does. When I look at him I see Allen, when I watch him I don't see anything close to Allen. Little fight & dawg in him. With Allen also being injured this year, their injuries are a wash. Yet 1 QB is 8-3 & the other is 5-5.

Injuries could be a partial reason for the struggles this year, but it hasn't been limited to just this year, it's been his whole career to date. For how great his stats are, after 42 starts, he still has a losing record(20-22), zero playoff appearances and is in jeopardy of missing out on the playoffs again this year. The Chargers are 1 of those teams that is supposed to be great every year and year they end up below average. A top notch QB doesn't let that happen year after year.

Partly agree but the lack of success doesn't fall all on Herbert. I believe he's the easy scapegoat here. The organization from owner Spanos to a revolving door of poor coaches is mainly to blame. Add in constant injuries and a fan base that's non basically non existent. They never have a true home field advantage. The organization is horrible and only cares about making money. That trickles down to the field and I'm sure it's players too. Poor excuse for sure.  Losing breeds losing. The Chargers don't have the winning mindset nor the culture to win. The have very good players who are more often than not hurt. Look at Keenan Allen for an example. I'd dare to say a change in scenery with the right team would elevate Herbert to another level. In short, I believe his progress is being stunted by the organization. I believe he can be elite but I'd never take him over Josh Allen! 

6 hours ago, muppy said:

There is likely not another single team in the NFL as despised by their original fanbase than the "Los Angeles Chaagaahs" I hope the non playoff appearance carries on. It is SWEET Karma after what they did to the people of Americas Finest city. SMH Pathetic. Vent/

Yeah... But San Diego had their hands sticking out when stealing Buffalo's NBA team.

Funny how these thing work.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Scott with respect I never said the Bills don't beat the Chargers. I think the Chargers would be a dangerous team in the playoffs. They have Herbert, Allen, Williams, Eckler, Mack, and Derwin James. Add in Joey Bosa and they will be a tough out. It remains to be seen how healthy they can get and if they can get over the choke mentality. My main compliant was a poster was  trying to say the Lions were a more dangerous team. Imho, it's simply not true. 

If they get to the playoffs somehow I wouldn't be that concerned.  True, they are a very talented team.  But their coach will figure out a way to blow it.  I've seen them lose games by  going for it on 4th repeatedly and not getting it when a FG would have won it. He's got his head so far up the analytics sheet he has lost all common sense. And then there was the debacle vs the Raiders in the last game of last season.

With the talent he has, to be 5-5 is pathetic.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Partly agree but the lack of success doesn't fall all on Herbert. I believe he's the easy scapegoat here. The organization from owner Spanos to a revolving door of poor coaches is mainly to blame. Add in constant injuries and a fan base that's non basically non existent. They never have a true home field advantage. The organization is horrible and only cares about making money. That trickles down to the field and I'm sure it's players too. Poor excuse for sure.  Losing breeds losing. The Chargers don't have the winning mindset nor the culture to win. The have very good players who are more often than not hurt. Look at Keenan Allen for an example. I'd dare to say a change in scenery with the right team would elevate Herbert to another level. In short, I believe his progress is being stunted by the organization. I believe he can be elite but I'd never take him over Josh Allen! 

I hear ya, but the successes and failures, in the NFL, always falls at the feet of the QB, whether warranted or not. It's just the way it is and has been for a long time.

When Josh entered the NFL things were pretty similar here as far as losing culture and in his case an extreme lack of talent as 1/3 of our salary cap was tied up in dead cap due to Beane cutting or traded a bunch of bad contracts. The Chargers have alot more talent on their team than we did on 2019 when we finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

If the situation is that bad there and with you living there I have no reason to doubt you on that, he would be wise to force the Chargers hand come contract time. I would play out my 5th year option and make them tag me for 2 years then find a team that will both pay me and has enough talent to give a shot at a few titles before I retire. Otherwise he'll end up being another Philip Rivers, good QB, but very little success.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I hear ya, but the successes and failures, in the NFL, always falls at the feet of the QB, whether warranted or not. It's just the way it is and has been for a long time.

When Josh entered the NFL things were pretty similar here as far as losing culture and in his case an extreme lack of talent as 1/3 of our salary cap was tied up in dead cap due to Beane cutting or traded a bunch of bad contracts. The Chargers have alot more talent on their team than we did on 2019 when we finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

If the situation is that bad there and with you living there I have no reason to doubt you on that, he would be wise to force the Chargers hand come contract time. I would play out my 5th year option and make them tag me for 2 years then find a team that will both pay me and has enough talent to give a shot at a few titles before I retire. Otherwise he'll end up being another Philip Rivers, good QB, but very little success.

The Philip Rivers example is a good one. If he was playing on another team half as talented as those SD Chargers teams he may have hoisted a Lombardi Trophy. That guy was as tough as nails. A fiery competitor.  He moved on to Indy well past his prime and led them to a playoff game against the Bills. A game the heavily favored Bills were very fortunate to win. If memory serves me correct, Rivers missed a wide open WR on a critical 4th down play. How ironic.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

Stan Kroenke, Jerry Jones, & Roger Goodell will make damn sure the Chargers get in, just to justify the move to LA. There, I said it.

I take solace in that when you view the la charger games their "home field advantage" is Not There........ I would be embarrassed to go to a "Home" game and see and hear an ARMY of away fans. ha Ha HA. PATHETIC LOOK

!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I take solace in that when you view the la charger games their "home field advantage" is Not There........ I would be embarrassed to go to a "Home" game and see and hear an ARMY of away fans. ha Ha HA. PATHETIC LOOK

!!!

It was crazy to see the big game at SoFi last week and the Chargers having to use the silent count on offense in their home stadium

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

If they get to the playoffs somehow I wouldn't be that concerned.  True, they are a very talented team.  But their coach will figure out a way to blow it.  I've seen them lose games by  going for it on 4th repeatedly and not getting it when a FG would have won it. He's got his head so far up the analytics sheet he has lost all common sense. And then there was the debacle vs the Raiders in the last game of last season.

With the talent he has, to be 5-5 is pathetic.

He has learned his lesson with those terrible 4th down calls. However, he still isn't anything special as a coach. Injuries have really killed the team. Their number one receiver had basically missed the whole season. What a surprise there. There number 2 receiver is always hurt, banged up, and has missed several games. Sterioded up Bosa is hurt again and has an elite pass rusher. Herbert had ribs issues for several games. The list goes on. Actually, 5-5 puts them in the mix of things. I think they are a better team then the Jets and NE. The biggest difference is coaching and the Chargers don't know how to finish games. 

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He is one of my favorite listens. The guy is very intelligent and sharp. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Philip Rivers example is a good one. If he was playing on another team half as talented as those SD Chargers teams he may have hoisted a Lombardi Trophy. That guy was as tough as nails. A fiery competitor.  He moved on to Indy well past his prime and led them to a playoff game against the Bills. A game the heavily favored Bills were very fortunate to win. If memory serves me correct, Rivers missed a wide open WR on a critical 4th down play. How ironic.

Rivers was a choker.

This is the only real place worth posting but the injuries we just got and have had...

Von Miller will be out at least 4 weeks. Maybe 6. That puts him back at the playoffs.

Tre needs another few weeks to be full speed, Edmunds and Rosseau will be full speed in 2-3 weeks. Poyer should be healed up.

And the way people talk we could see Hyde back for the playoffs.

On offense Dawkins and Morse will be healthy in a few weeks. Even Boettger could be ready to go before the end of the season. There is reason to believe Kumerow and Crowder make it back this post season, too.

The injuries yesterday aren't terrible. They just suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is the only real place worth posting but the injuries we just got and have had...

Von Miller will be out at least 4 weeks. Maybe 6. That puts him back at the playoffs.

Tre needs another few weeks to be full speed, Edmunds and Rosseau will be full speed in 2-3 weeks. Poyer should be healed up.

On offense Dawkins and Morse will be healthy in a few weeks. Even Boettger could be ready to go before the end of the season. There is reason to believe Kumerow and Crowder make it back this post season, too.

You realize we've been doing this all year? "In a few weeks we should be fully healthy again." We could say that every week since week 1. Problem is every time someone comes back someone else gets hurt. It's been brutal and never ending.

15 minutes ago, Process said:

You realize we've been doing this all year? "In a few weeks we should be fully healthy again." We could say that every week since week 1. Problem is every time someone comes back someone else gets hurt. It's been brutal and never ending.

Doing what? Saying we will be healthy soon? We will be. The Miller injury is rough but Hyde being injured was worse and Edmunds injury has been more detrimental. 

The latter will be back soon. While the former may be back this year. 

4 hours ago, boyst said:

We just need to avoid adding more injuries on top of the current ones.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.